• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Sale of Southend United to Justin Rees and his consortium

Status
Not open for further replies.
According to that article he used to work for Westpac (my current employer) before he started his company. I work with a lot of people who’ve been at the bank a LONG time and some in quite senior positions.

Total long shot but I’ll see if anyone worked with or knows him.
I have worked at banks for a long time...

Vice president or director sounds very impressive but they are middling roles and the end of the line for many.

I have worked at banks for a long time...

Vice president or director sounds very impressive but they are middling roles and the end of the line for many.
Oh totally. My own job title taken in isolation is a lot grander than the reality.

Which is why I’m trying to do some digging in exactly what it was he did.

Of course that doesn’t mean he didn’t do a fairly low ranking job early in his career then went on to form a very successful and lucrative business.

Oh totally. My own job title taken in isolation is a lot grander than the reality.

Which is why I’m trying to do some digging in exactly what it was he did.

Of course that doesn’t mean he didn’t do a fairly low ranking job early in his career then went on to form a very successful and lucrative business.
What he was is the Co-founder (owner) of a software company with 170 staff that was then sold to an industry major player.

Who cares what he did previously…really…

What he was is the Co-founder (owner) of a software company with 170 staff that was then sold to an industry major player.

Who cares what he did previously…really…
Once again, of course. You’re a 100% right.

But be interesting if I know and work with someone who knows and worked with him. Which is a long shot but not impossible, it’s a pretty incestuous industry here.

Surely this points deduction will have an impact on the asking price!
Goalposts move, Ron doesn’t like it, Aussie and his gang pull out!!…… u know it’s gonna happen

Also, Ron has all his eggs in one basket, that’s in the national press, buyers could move goalposts and take advantage

Just can’t see it happening…….

Surely this points deduction will have an impact on the asking price!
Goalposts move, Ron doesn’t like it, Aussie and his gang pull out!!…… u know it’s gonna happen

Also, Ron has all his eggs in one basket, that’s in the national press, buyers could move goalposts and take advantage

Just can’t see it happening…….
But a 10 point deduction shows Ron doesn’t care less about the club (it’s now underlined for anyone who believed the rhetoric). Lower the price too much and he’ll let it burn.

Great 41 days for Ron to mess this bid about and to chance his luck for another offer to come in and f##k it up, just like that Bury tw## of chairman did.

Never had any intention to sell and still hasn’t.
Loves the attention and unless he is forced to sell ( not sure he can be)…..40 days and he will let it all fold….cannot believe the points deduction was allowed so he is capable of anything, the man is sick

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back