• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Sale of Southend United to Justin Rees and his consortium

Status
Not open for further replies.
Josh Rees and the Kimura guys are known to each other.

London Shrimper has also mentioned Kimura guys as part of the consortium. So it does seem that it might be Josh Rees as an individual businessman plus other local individuals (none of which may be Australian, or maybe another one or two are).

Right now communication is everything. It really would be very sensible for club and buyers to be putting out a joint statement to cool things down and give some clarity.

The Kimura guys were part of the famous 5, which grew to the magnificent 7, from my understanding, so a rival to the “Aussies”.

Maybe they’ve joined forces. Who really knows at this stage.

Anna firth has also released a statement backing up what Ron said in court.

Saying she has had several conversations with Justin Rees and believes they are committed to the purchase of the club and have the clubs best interest at heart.

Well then why wait, might as well get it all sorted in the next week whether that’s accepting an offer from RM or doing something to get it over the line

Anna firth has also released a statement backing up what Ron said in court.

Saying she has had several conversations with Justin Rees and believes they are committed to the purchase of the club and have the clubs best interest at heart.

That’s all well and good but i really think it should be Rees and his lot making a statement not Anna, that would at least go some way to easing some peoples concerns.

If that’s was me and my name is now out there and I was serious about buying or investing now would be a great time to start getting the fans on side which ultimately puts more pressure on numb nuts Ronald to get this thing done.

Well then why wait, might as well get it all sorted in the next week whether that’s accepting an offer from RM or doing something to get it over the line
I don’t think anyone other than Ron could be described as waiting, at least not when there isn’t a specific reason. The Echo talks about the prospective new owner having some practical matters to do - possibly moving the significant sums needed from Australia to the UK (just a guess, it could very well be something else).

Knowing Ron he was probably responsible for delaying things so long there was no longer any chance for completion ahead of this court date. Unfortunately he still has that control ahead of the next court date too.

This might be a tough question to answer but, do you think this sale will happen by 1st of October as stated in the statement yesterday by the club?

It’s has to. The alternative doesn’t bear thinking about.

With no inside knowledge on this, I’d say it does. End of September, start of October. Don’t quote me on that, I don’t know for certain. I didn’t know anything about the “Aussies” and seeing his name yesterday was the first I knew of him.

This might be a tough question to answer but, do you think this sale will happen by 1st of October as stated in the statement yesterday by the club?

Myself as do many others on here feel that if a deal does happen and to me at this point it’s a big IF, it’s more likely to involve further investment and Ronald the 🐀 retaining some kind of stake holding in the club.

I may be wrong but nothing right now is making me think otherwise because no one actually tells us anything.

Everton’s deal has just fallen through but at least it was out in the open and none of this secret 🐿️ stuff which also happens to be part of the 🐀 family.

The big question is why would the rat ignore 2 bids from local consortiums for a seemingly nobody from the other side of the planet?.

Stinks to high heaven but what doesn't which involves this ****.
If anybody interested in buying our club sees comments like this, it would be a wonder why they would bother. Who do you think we are? We're a small club in the greater scheme of things, on the brink of collapse with a limited supporter base (as great as our supporters are).

Maybe a bit of humility and gratefulness that somebody might come along to enable us to live beyond October 4th?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back