• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Sale of Southend United to Justin Rees and his consortium

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have you not read Paul from the trust's message on here this morning?.
Yep and I have everything crossed as I still can't imagine life without SUFC but we have heard so many nearly there's over the years and the 🤡 always manages to f it up.

Like I have always said from day one FF is nothing more than fantasy farm and the pompous liar is almost impossible to deal with. 🙏 this time someone manages it but with just over 2 weeks to go time is running out fast and he will still want every single penny his deluded mind thinks the whole package is worth and that is what bothers me 😱

💙

Last edited:
I keep hearing this old chestnut the money should be spent on the roads the schools and this that and the other .Tell me when said counil was going to spend countlless millons on the sea way project .I dont rember to many folk screeming from the rooftops about a waist of money then .But schools houses roads all needed the money then ..Now they want to help the citys football club .All i keep hearing is you cant do that .
To be fair I'm sure I can recall a fair few negative posts on here when it was first announced. I've never heard or read 1 positive thing about the seaway project and always thought it waas a bit of a non starter. You do have to wonder who comes up with thses hairbrained schemes and even worse those that back them.

To be fair I'm sure I can recall a fair few negative posts on here when it was first announced. I've never heard or read 1 positive thing about the seaway project and always thought it waas a bit of a non starter. You do have to wonder who comes up with thses hairbrained schemes and even worse those that back them.
Consultants come up with them. Have to be recommending something otherwise they don't have a job

It's important that Southend Council stick to the original FF planning permission of a 20k plus stadium. Ron has shown that he is incapable of building such a stadium. He will then be cornered and will have to do the sensible thing, that is apply for planning permission for 100% housing at FF and sell RH as land for a football club, not a housing development. The money he gets from FF he can use to settle the charges he as built up over RH. He will end up very rich and RH will once again be a football estate. SUFC or it's phoenix can play there for decades to come.
(
I have a hazy memory of someone posting about the PFA - they don't represent/support players in the National League - they need to have been a league player - so Ralph, JD are covered but players who have only been in NL won't be - if my memory is correct
That’s correct t hence why I said their members. Any players that had been scholars of a PL or EFL club could also be members

The players were paid Jan’s salary 28 days late and paid late in July (hence the pre season strike)?

So to say they were unpaid for ‘months’ is a bit of an overstatement? (Referring to the players, not staff).

The support staff went unpaid for months, I’m guessing things like universal credit or partner in a decent job provided some support for them? (I would love for someone to explain why they didn’t leave the club though…)
Maybe in relation to the players but there were previous instances when players weren’t paid on time such as Dec 2019 when the PFA intervened.
I am far from an expert on matters UC so can’t confirm the situation re staff being able to claim but I suspect the individuals pay is reported and recorded on the individuals tax accounts even if it’s not paid
As for why individuals didn’t walk that’s a very good question, could be some sort of misguided loyalty to RM

It's important that Southend Council stick to the original FF planning permission of a 20k plus stadium. Ron has shown that he is incapable of building such a stadium. He will then be cornered and will have to do the sensible thing, that is apply for planning permission for 100% housing at FF and sell RH as land for a football club, not a housing development. The money he gets from FF he can use to settle the charges he as built up over RH. He will end up very rich and RH will once again be a football estate. SUFC or it's phoenix can play there for decades to come.

As things stand as you say the planning consent required a 20+ stadium but a separate application to reduce that number has already been submitted.
It seems that the council had advised RM what is required in relation to that separate application but what for me is the worry is that the target date set to deal with this separate application has way passed.
Now I have no idea from reading the planning portal if that information has been provided but if it has then RM could get consent At appeal simply on the basis of time lines not being met.
If however the council do stick to the 22k and turn down the second application then almost certainly it will go to appeal

Consultants come up with them. Have to be recommending something otherwise they don't have a job
You're right of course. I remember back in the mid nineties when the council first wanted to bring in a parking scheme in for the roads around Southend Hospital and they had an open meeting in the local church. I was surprised how many people turned up, it was standing room only, basically it was the parking permit scheme and they wanted to charge about £100 a year to park on the road outside your house. Somebody asked who came up with the idea and as you say it was consultant's, then they asked how much they had been paid reply was 100k. Someone else what plan B was and there was none. Needless to say that got shelved for a while but at least the permit price is cheap now in comparison to then.

For God's sake, if someone is going to buy the club I hope it happens very soon. Kev has been very patient but seeing his interview after today's game, he is at the end of his tether and who can blame him! Nike! Just do it!
I've woken up very depressed today. Yesterday was a real cold dose of the reality of our situation.

I'm skipping Tuesday not because I'm boycotting but because going is going to do my mental wellbeing no good at all.

I've woken up very depressed today. Yesterday was a real cold dose of the reality of our situation.

I'm skipping Tuesday not because I'm boycotting but because going is going to do my mental wellbeing no good at all.

Many, many feel the same and this has really affected people's mood, health, relationships. Could maybe be the basis of a class action against the scumbag once he's secured his pot of gold ?

I wish I could be there Tuesday but I have a friends wedding. Will see I can stream on my phone but I doubt it...

I’ll be missing the next two as I’ll be away. I’m really hoping the atmosphere won’t be too toxic but at this point we’ll be struggling to field a team. Heartbreaking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back