• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Sale of Southend United to Justin Rees and his consortium

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anna Firth providing an update… https://www.echo-news.co.uk/sport/23795146.mp-anna-firth-provides-update-bid-save-southend-united/

Reading between the lines, as we already know, RM is putting his finances above the needs of the club. Obvious stuff.

Can’t believe we have to have an MP update us. No real mention of council wven being of any hope, despite the leader making himself available on a Saturday night.

Still no mention of any other party, that @ForeverBlue mentioned are floating about.

Needs to be some info soon or it’s going to get ever more toxic on here, in the stadium, in the club and hopefully up in Ronald McDonald’s grille.
Absolute garbage comment in the comments section for the article - some **** saying Justin Rees isn’t interested and is a mate of Ron’s who only expressed interest to help Ron out. What the hell is wrong with some people?!

Absolute garbage comment in the comments section for the article - some **** saying Justin Rees isn’t interested and is a mate of Ron’s who only expressed interest to help Ron out. What the hell is wrong with some people?!
TBF this is pretty typical of the alternative facts that get posted by one individual and then amplified because it suits a certain viewpoint. This one mercifully is a little too far fetched as JR is Australian. The idea Ron has mates is relatively far fetched but in Australia - no.

TBF i would like to know where he's come from and what exactly the connection is. It seems at the moment nobody can find the connection between an Aussie businessman and an Essex national league football club.

TBF i would like to know where he's come from and what exactly the connection is. It seems at the moment nobody can find the connection between an Aussie businessman and an Essex national league football club.
Sure, fair comment and we’re all interested in that and his plans but to be honest who would have found evidence online of clear connections between any pro club and its new ownership ahead of the takeover? Very few takeovers would show clear evidence of a pre-existing link I would think.

I think you are expecting too much of people that spend their time commenting BTL on the Echo website, sir.
I don’t know why any newspapers (especially national ones) still persist with comments sections. They attract local myopic trolls in the case of papers like the Echo, and blindly partisan trolls or Russian trolls in the case of the nationals. I can’t honestly see any benefit to them.

And it's not inconceivable that Ron would do such a thing 🤔

If your house was on the market for 6 months and it hadn't sold, you would reduce the price. Perhaps significantly so.

If you don't reduce the price, you are either stupid or pigheaded or both, or you don't really want to, or cannot sell right now.

I'm not entirely sure where Ratty sits right now. All of the above?

This was our best chance ever of getting out this League but one man ruined it. Look at York, pathetic until we couldn't take advantage with our powder puff attack....such a shame he has gone this far!

Absolute garbage comment in the comments section for the article - some **** saying Justin Rees isn’t interested and is a mate of Ron’s who only expressed interest to help Ron out. What the hell is wrong with

Think Wrexham. Maybe not to the same extent but....

I don’t know why any newspapers (especially national ones) still persist with comments sections. They attract local myopic trolls in the case of papers like the Echo, and blindly partisan trolls or Russian trolls in the case of the nationals. I can’t honestly see any benefit to them.
I agree. Which is why I never read them.

I read the statement last evening and wanted to reflect on it overnight to see if I was mis reading it and no I don’t think I have.

1) Work Stream A) seems to me the only way forward without RM but when AF said this “
𝑰 𝒖𝒓𝒈𝒆 𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒓𝒚𝒃𝒐𝒅𝒚 𝒊𝒏𝒗𝒐𝒍𝒗𝒆𝒅 𝒊𝒏 𝒕𝒉𝒐𝒔𝒆 𝒏𝒆𝒈𝒐𝒕𝒊𝒂𝒕𝒊𝒐𝒏𝒔, 𝒊𝒏𝒄𝒍𝒖𝒅𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒊𝒓𝒎𝒂𝒏 𝒐𝒇 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒄𝒍𝒖𝒃, 𝒕𝒐 𝒑𝒖𝒕 𝒂𝒍𝒍 𝒑𝒆𝒓𝒔𝒐𝒏𝒂𝒍 𝒊𝒏𝒕𝒆𝒓𝒆𝒔𝒕 𝒂𝒔𝒊𝒅𝒆 𝒃𝒆𝒇𝒐𝒓𝒆 𝒊𝒕 𝒊𝒔 𝒕𝒐𝒐 𝒍𝒂𝒕𝒆 𝒕𝒐 𝒔𝒂𝒗𝒆 𝑺𝒐𝒖𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒏𝒅 𝑼𝒏𝒊𝒕𝒆𝒅”.
Either she is completely naive or knows that the gaps between interested parties and RM are so large as impossible to breech

Hate him or hate him even more it’s highly unlikely that any property developer/ enabler or whatever you what to call RM is just going to walk away from all this without some sort of wedge.

Realistically he is going to want millions for the land now or be included in the pot of gold that will probably be the outcome of RH and FF developments but he will want someone to shoulder the burden of legacy debts again that’s another million or so.

2) AF confirmed as we all know that RH isn’t fit for purpose so on top of the money just to see the back of RM hundreds of thousands , possibly millions will be needed to stay at RH. Ok grants may be available but there would still be the need to pay at least 10% and that money isn’t there now and would it be there with the millions needed already ?

3) Forget Work Stream B . There just isn’t the time to get any where on this and it’s almost impossible to get any sort of response that could be taken to the court on 4/10. May be relevant if a new stadium is built at FF but certainly not in terms of SUFC as of today

4) Work Stream C again just forget it any changes that HMG are going to implement are in the medium to distant future and not the next 16 days.

What a way to start the week.

If your house was on the market for 6 months and it hadn't sold, you would reduce the price. Perhaps significantly so.

If you don't reduce the price, you are either stupid or pigheaded or both, or you don't really want to, or cannot sell right now.

I'm not entirely sure where Ratty sits right now. All of the above?

I've said it before there'll be a price that he cannot go below as it would bring the whole stack of cards down. I suspect that is where we are.

This was our best chance ever of getting out this League but one man ruined it. Look at York, pathetic until we couldn't take advantage with our powder puff attack....such a shame he has gone this far!
Powder puff attack? Saturday was the first time this season we hadn’t scored. But then you expect to see Manchester City masquerading as SUFC. Get some perspective.

I've said it before there'll be a price that he cannot go below as it would bring the whole stack of cards down. I suspect that is where we are.
But apparently he is pumping in multi millions of £££ each year to keep us afloat. Surely cutting his losses now and drops the asking price (or debt liablity) forever rids him of yearly bank rolling?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back