• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Sale of Southend United to Justin Rees and his consortium

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is positive collaboration between Justin, the Trust, Council and Anna regularly in various combinations.

Justin is still confident the deal is going to get done (as of yesterday) and unfortunately we do have to rely on the rat to do the right thing so very difficult to be overly positive.

The Trust are working on every eventuality and we certainly can’t assume it will be done. Really hopeful we can share some of the work soon and hopefully it will have all been a waste of time.
Seconding this.

The highlighted bit is key, and it's what I've always caveated my messages with.

There has been no fatal withdrawal of interest, and there are no big issues with Justin's funding that we know of (yes he would have liked to spread the burden a little, but it's not make or break).

However, despite talks continuing and Justin's relative optimism that a deal will get done, he is reliant on ratty doing the right thing. With that being the case, it's difficult to get too positive as @jphfitz says.

I have tried to calm people a little over the past few days because there is no hard evidence to suggest a need to despair at the moment, but have been met with accusations of waffling and being their PR guy.

It always seems to be that there are some who react emotionally to every small bit of info that they hear, and accuse those of trying to calm people down of being overly optimistic, when the reality of the current situation is probably somewhere in the middle.

Seconding this.

The highlighted bit is key, and it's what I've always caveated my messages with.

There has been no fatal withdrawal of interest, and there are no big issues with Justin's funding that we know of (yes he would have liked to spread the burden a little, but it's not make or break).

However, despite talks continuing and Justin's relative optimism that a deal will get done, he is reliant on ratty doing the right thing. With that being the case, it's difficult to get too positive as @jphfitz says.

I have tried to calm people a little over the past few days because there is no hard evidence to suggest a need to despair at the moment, but have been met with accusations of waffling and being their PR guy.

It always seems to be that there are some who react emotionally to every small bit of info that they hear, and accuse those of trying to calm people down of being overly optimistic, when the reality of the current situation is probably somewhere in the middle.
i got to say for all my earlier ramblings i am now very calm and trusting in God ! laugh all you like but i do believe in my lord Jesus and i know in my heart if he believes this club is worthy he will bring us a saviour. Just believe and wait and see .

Seconding this.

Appreciate your balanced, honest updates @Medway Blue as many others do.

I feel no different although I do appreciate @Medway Blue and JP's updates.

We all want positive news but as of now nothing is set in concrete as it is the same as the past 6 months, just words and hope.

Fingers crossed is about all I can take from this. As stated people are dealing with The Rat and he has shown so far absolutely no interest in doing a reasonable deal unless it is all in his favour.

I hope the council hold the answer by making his life and plans intolerable if the club sinks and I think he is beginning to realise that.

Last edited:
Seconding this.

Thanks Medway and JP

I reckon that could prove to be key.
Whilst there is every possibility that revenge would be on some councillors agenda any decision they make would be guided by officials who will be ever mindful of the costs and fallout should they not apply national planning guidance to the letter.

SCC are in bed with the potential development and the housing promised and outline planning already in place sadly would make it near enough impossible for them to try and teach RM a lesson.

Whilst there is every possibility that revenge would be on some councillors agenda any decision they make would be guided by officials who will be ever mindful of the costs and fallout should they not apply national planning guidance to the letter.

SCC are in bed with the potential development and the housing promised and outline planning already in place sadly would make it near enough impossible for them to try and teach RM a lesson.
But wasn't the designation of the land not allowed for housing and it was only the stadium that allowed an exemption? If so would planning guidance dictate that it couldn't be used for housing if no stadium built?

It's important that Southend Council stick to the original FF planning permission of a 20k plus stadium. Ron has shown that he is incapable of building such a stadium. He will then be cornered and will have to do the sensible thing, that is apply for planning permission for 100% housing at FF and sell RH as land for a football club, not a housing development. The money he gets from FF he can use to settle the charges he as built up over RH. He will end up very rich and RH will once again be a football estate. SUFC or it's phoenix can play there for decades to come.

I will say it again Colchester council had there groung built And they pay rent to the council .Colcherster council are in as much debt as our council .So whay is it some are against the council putting a small amount to help clkear the debt on a loan bases .Is some would rather see the club go to the wall .

I will say it again Colchester council had there groung built And they pay rent to the council .Colcherster council are in as much debt as our council .So whay is it some are against the council putting a small amount to help clkear the debt on a loan bases .Is some would rather see the club go to the wall .

Southend Council has a significant cash reserve doesn't it?

What debt are you talking about?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back