• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Sale of Southend United to Justin Rees and his consortium

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's hard to stay positive with all these false dawns, I'm not expecting joyous news anytime soon. However, a few things do give me hope.

1> The sheer number and status of people working hard behind the scenes to try and save the club.
2> The fact that there have been no significant walk-outs by footballing staff/Tom Lawrence etc
3> Knowing that buyers are still very interested in taking this club on. Not just Australian ones either.
4> The hope that if the club dies, Ron's dream will collapse. His new Fossetts Farm plans are not viable and the change in council administration has caused him problems. I also believe the council are firmly on the club's side here and will know that Southend United going bust and Ron walking away with his Fossetts dream intact will result in a lot of lost seats all over the city.

I'm not ITK at all, and I am generally quite pessimistic, but IMO you have to hold on to hope until all is gone.

I am pretty sure the Shrimpers Trust are in the loop on what is going on with the buying of the club,

The fact they are keeping sooo quite is a positive for me, it means hopefully talks are progressing well between Ron and Justin. Otherwise i am sure the Trust would be alot more vocal than they are at the moment.
There is positive collaboration between Justin, the Trust, Council and Anna regularly in various combinations.

Justin is still confident the deal is going to get done (as of yesterday) and unfortunately we do have to rely on the rat to do the right thing so very difficult to be overly positive.

The Trust are working on every eventuality and we certainly can’t assume it will be done. Really hopeful we can share some of the work soon and hopefully it will have all been a waste of time.

2> The fact that there have been no significant walk-outs by footballing staff/Tom Lawrence etc

Except all have been paid, all currently have a job (until we don’t exist anymore) & once we don’t exist, I am 99% sure the three amigos will jump into coaching roles elsewhere and the players will easily get new clubs within a week. Either that or they have redundancy insurance policies in place…

Thanks @jphfitz - it’s good to hear the ‘he’s pulled out’ nonsense was exactly that. Any crumb of positivity helps at the moment.
For what it’s worth I’ve never started anywhere he has pulled out, I would have thoughts fitz has got his finger on the pulse which is great news .. it does contradict the rumblings I have been hearing which I still stand by, I’d much rather be hugely wrong than right

It's hard to stay positive with all these false dawns, I'm not expecting joyous news anytime soon. However, a few things do give me hope.

1> The sheer number and status of people working hard behind the scenes to try and save the club.

3> Knowing that buyers are still very interested in taking this club on. Not just Australian ones either.
4> The hope that if the club dies, Ron's dream will collapse. His new Fossetts Farm plans are not viable and the change in council administration has caused him problems. I also believe the council are firmly on the club's side here and will know that Southend United going bust and Ron walking away with his Fossetts dream intact will result in a lot of lost seats all over the city.

I'm not ITK at all, and I am generally quite pessimistic, but IMO you have to hold on to hope until all is gone.
This is what gives me hope as well.

The club simply isn't behaving as though it's just about to be wound up.

The club simply isn't behaving as though it's just about to be wound up.
A good indication is when suppliers start asking for cash on delivery. That often precedes the final spiral to oblivion.
the looting starts roughly 9.45pm after the Oxford City game.........
I have been thinking about what to take. A specimen of the East Stand fungus maybe (I know they have tried to clean it, but it will grow back). I quite fancy the big gates at the entrance but they look a bit heavy. Maybe my seat?

Except all have been paid, all currently have a job (until we don’t exist anymore) & once we don’t exist, I am 99% sure the three amigos will jump into coaching roles elsewhere and the players will easily get new clubs within a week. Either that or they have redundancy insurance policies in place…
I wouldn’t read too much into anything. The players and indeed all staff weren’t paid for months and they didn’t walk.

The LMA & PFA almost certainly would be supporting any of their members who aren’t paid but it’s the clerical and support staff that are hung out to dry.

As for all being paid did that ever get confirmed ?

There is positive collaboration between Justin, the Trust, Council and Anna regularly in various combinations.

Justin is still confident the deal is going to get done (as of yesterday) and unfortunately we do have to rely on the rat to do the right thing so very difficult to be overly positive.

The Trust are working on every eventuality and we certainly can’t assume it will be done. Really hopeful we can share some of the work soon and hopefully it will have all been a waste of time.

Gives me some hope

Well as expected it's all gone very quiet again, nothing from the Aussie chap or the Council. I can't raise my hopes because there have been so many false dawn's and no one can negotiate with a pompous, arrogant liar but for a change it's not all doom and gloom 👍

💙

Well as expected it's all gone very quiet again, nothing from the Aussie chap or the Council. I can't raise my hopes because there have been so many false dawn's and no one can negotiate with a pompous, arrogant liar but for a change it's not all doom and gloom 👍

💙
Have you not read Paul from the trust's message on here this morning?.

A good indication is when suppliers start asking for cash on delivery. That often precedes the final spiral to oblivion.

I have been thinking about what to take. A specimen of the East Stand fungus maybe (I know they have tried to clean it, but it will grow back). I quite fancy the big gates at the entrance but they look a bit heavy. Maybe my seat?

Struggling with what to tell KLM when I’m checking in a chunk of the cross bar on the way home. If it’s good enough for Rod Stewart it’s good enough for me 👊🏻

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back