• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Sale of Southend United to Justin Rees and his consortium

Status
Not open for further replies.
All buyers have been serious until they realise what Ron demands - ie loads of money upfront for his investments into sufc. I can't see how any investor in their right mind would conclude a deal with him.

If and when we get to dday they will be waiting but it's up to Ron if he decides to go into receivership or save the club.

Ron will still have his land.
My concern all along SUFC goes into receivership. Ron will have his land, the Council will get their housing, Even a pheonix club would have nowhere to play as no stadium will be built, unless a new SUFC can play at say Southchurch Park in the Essex Senior League.

Does anyone else feel we are heading towards the inevitable?

In the immortal words of John Laurie (Fraser from Dads Army for the youngsters) - we're Dooooomed.

All buyers have been serious until they realise what Ron demands - ie loads of money upfront for his investments into sufc. I can't see how any investor in their right mind would conclude a deal with him.

If and when we get to dday they will be waiting but it's up to Ron if he decides to go into receivership or save the club.

Exactly, it's been his slippery plan from the beginning of the so called "sale" of the club which looks like it'll kill us.

He is wrong though if he thinks there will be no serious backlash from us fans because I for one will be going for him if we go pop on the 4th as will many others and let's just say some of them haven't got much to lose.

In the immortal words of John Laurie (Fraser from Dads Army for the youngsters) - we're Dooooomed.
Yes, I do. I have seen online somewhere that Bury are getting over 3,000 gates with over 5,000 on occasion, whether this is true or not I don't know. My opinion is stop the boycotts, get behind the team, go out with a smile and celebrate 100 years of Southend United. Get the Trust to actively pursue the phoenix club and start the new Southend United. We can't change the past but can influence the future. If a miracle happens . . .

For me just a glance at the filed accounts ( even though they are so dated) would almost certainly been enough to stop any buyer in their tracks.

Trying to rescue a business with the number and value of creditors, the lack of assets to strip, and the money pit that unfortunately is RH to anyone with business acumen probably would mean a “no” even before a discussion with RM.

Anyone getting into discussions for me pretty soon would grasp that the club is almost is certainly going to need significant financial input for years and even then the pot of gold that would be uncovered if RH & FF are developed would not be shared to any large extent with the football club.

For every club that has a new stadium and flourished there are double probably treble that number that are in a far worse state now as opposed to when they occupied a historical home

I am far far from convinced that there are any serious buyers but wouldn’t be at all surprised if there are “ investors “ but they are not looking to inject serious money in to the current version of SUFC because that almost certainly would be a waste of their money but they probably are attracted to invest in the project and yes that will mean a new stadium is built but as for occupier would be the football club founded over a hundred years ago?

Last edited:
Yes, I do. I have seen online somewhere that Bury are getting over 3,000 gates with over 5,000 on occasion, whether this is true or not I don't know. My opinion is stop the boycotts, get behind the team, go out with a smile and celebrate 100 years of Southend United. Get the Trust to actively pursue the phoenix club and start the new Southend United. We can't change the past but can influence the future. If a miracle happens . . .
Comparing Bury to Southend isn’t really valid.

Firstly they went into administration but secondly the administrator controlled what happened to the ground.

I do agree your comments about a phoenix club going forward the major issue that then needs to be addressed is where will they play. RH isn’t an option for me the costs of playing there would stop progress of any new club in its tracks

Reactions: jnl

I did until what I heard yesterday.

I can't be more specific because I made a promise not to put details on here.

The info comes from a recent former player who is still very much involved with certain squad members directly.

If what was said is true then it must mean finances are in place.

The info comes from a recent former player who is still very much involved with certain squad members directly.

🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🧢🧢🧢💙💙💙

Nice to hear a shred of positive news, finances in place for what though?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back