• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Sale of Southend United to Justin Rees and his consortium

Status
Not open for further replies.
Realistically how much longer can we expect to field a side in what is known to be a tough and physically demanding competition?

This is what a lot of people are refusing to acknowledge.....because we're winning. As things stand, they literally cannot continue. Injuries WILL come unfortunately and take a couple key players out, we're in trouble.

If we were losing, people would be protesting more etc but that's the fickle side of a football supporter I suppose. Instead it was about 20 of us protesting outside Ron's house recently whilst no one else could be arsed.

Interesting to read some people on here do believe we'll come out the other side of the Oct fixture in court.
I have given up hope with Ron Martin and see the only way forward is a sale. Given no news on the sale that he promised the courts i think that will be it.
Unless fans can find a way to make him sell for whatever monies it takes to conclude, obviously not the price he sets out in Ratworld.
As others have pointed out in this thread, pressure from the fans may not be direct to the rat, but indirectly. It might work, we all know he only sticks his head out from the parapet once confronted.
The season ticket monies forced him to pipe up, outside his house did too, protest in Roots Hall car park, the away game where he thought he'd try some ratsplaining, there's been other examples.

Many times of when Ron doesn't get a good night's sleep and is drawn to the light like a moth. We can flush this rat out i'm sure, as a poster above says its because the team were winning, i truly believe that AND August is holiday time for so many.

Let's NOT say to each other what have you done in the protests, but applaud anyone who has. It doesnt matter, we are going under regardless, yes, but he has Kimura's number and all we can do is make it an uncomfortable life for the rat and family of rats.
Let all who sail the good ship Blues, go forth with wind beneath thy sails.

This is disappointing that Ron isn't making any sort of statement

People are waiting and we won't have a club to support this time next month

If he pays it he will Come out and say I've saved the club

The man's a complete c@#t

The more each day comes the more I think there will be no more Southend united

The protests stopped, and still no sale

Ron sell the club or let it go

Still waiting for stan's response to all of this

Quote ( I will do anything to save this club)

Where the **** are you

This is disappointing that Ron isn't making any sort of statement

People are waiting and we won't have a club to support this time next month

If he pays it he will Come out and say I've saved the club

The man's a complete c@#t

The more each day comes the more I think there will be no more Southend united

The protests stopped, and still no sale

Ron sell the club or let it go

Still waiting for stan's response to all of this

Quote ( I will do anything to save this club)

Where the **** are you

Ron will never give away the keys to the castle unless he has some chunk of it moving forward, I’m sure he’s rather see it die then lose face.

See this on Twitter ffs
View attachment 28743
I don’t think the Aussie was ever a serious potential contender after meeting Ron.
The Rat 🐀 only uses potential buyers as a smoke screen to kick the can down the road and play his sick games.
I think the 🐀 will let us go bust, sit on his land and go for re planning for all new homes on Roots Hall and FF.
Council are desperate for housing, there would not be any protracted new planning application.
Anyhow if local council objects to the 🐀 plans, they would be overturned by central government.
I just can’t see any positives at present.

I'm wondering if the Aussie was only ever looking to invest, but seeing the level of hatred that RM inspires in us all has thought better of propping up RM and being his puppet chairman.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back