• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Sale of Southend United to Justin Rees and his consortium

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was at times, several groups have been close but when The Rat then changed the goalposts at every hurdle, how has anybody actually got a chance?

Actually I have a question, you seem to have been pro The Rat in discussions these past 6 months. How do you envisage things turning out?

John, I'm not pro-Ron at all.

Oh, it's the Picture of Ron in my display picture isn't it.? I actually have the same picture in the downstairs loo. It's Ron and Sol shaking hands. Always makes me smile. A humorous Christmas gift a few years ago. Always makes me smile.

I am a firm believer that those who claim to be itk re the sale are largely full of **** and if pointing that out makes me pro-Ron in some quarters, then so be it.

What do I think will happen? I'll preface it as almost everyone on here should when commenting about what will happen and say, no ****ing idea!

My gut says we'll be alright. By Hook or by Crook, we'll get there. Somehow.

I can't see how we dodged all these bullets over 25 years for Ron to let the club fold. I have never bought into this " he wants us to go under so he can build even more houses" narrative. If that were the case, he wouldn't have somehow found the cash so many times before.

That's not to say well done to him by the way. History shows us that as a football club owner, despite flirting with success, not to mention the fabulous nights and afternoons where we have been ****ing great, Mr Martin is woefully out of his depth.

Is the gentleman from Australia the answer? I'm yet to read anyone with any real insight tell me. Can't work out what he'd want with us unless it's a partnership with the current chairman.

Those who for 20 years have said "anyone but Ron" might get their wish.

In short, I think we'll survive. Just. However, I think Ron will still be around in some capacity.

The alternative is a touch too much to contemplate.

Oh, it's the Picture of Ron in my display picture isn't it.? I actually have the same picture in the downstairs loo. It's Ron and Sol shaking hands. Always makes me smile. A humorous Christmas gift a few years ago. Always makes me smile.

I am a firm believer that those who claim to be itk re the sale are largely full of **** and if pointing that out makes me pro-Ron in some quarters, then so be it.

What do I think will happen? I'll preface it as almost everyone on here should when commenting about what will happen and say, no ****ing idea!

I can't see how we dodged all these bullets over 25 years for Ron to let the club fold. I have never bought into this " he wants us to go under so he can build even more houses" narrative. If that were the case, he wouldn't have somehow found the cash so many times before.

That's not to say well done to him by the way. History shows us that as a football club owner, despite flirting with success, not to mention the fabulous nights and afternoons where we have been ****ing great, Mr Martin is woefully out of his depth.

Is the gentleman from Australia the answer? I'm yet to read anyone with any real insight tell me. Can't work out what he'd want with us unless it's a partnership with the current chairman.

In short, I think we'll survive. Just. However, I think Ron will still be around in some capacity.

The fear that the Aussie will take over and immediately run out of money. Or turn out to be a fraud, or something utterly ridiculous that’s 10x worse than what Ron has ever done.

Great post and a fabulous response. I am pretty much where you are regarding the outcome and I do think that somehow there will be another adjournment with us continuing to limp along.

I, like you, am also not "pro Ron". I don't think anyone is.

Would the National League accept this? I wonder when the other clubs will decide that they have had enough..
I'm not sure how they can do anything more with regards to the WUP. It's not a new debt, and they've already carried out their "punishment" of the 10 point deduction.

More worrying would be if more, new football-related debts arise; staff payments perhaps, or new missed payments to HMRC are reported.

….creditor says “don’t strike the company off, they owe me a ****load of cash”

“Ok, we won’t” says companies house

Nail. On. Head. Simple as that unfortunately, and most likely HMRC are the objectors.

I'm not sure how they can do anything more with regards to the WUP. It's not a new debt, and they've already carried out their "punishment" of the 10 point deduction.

More worrying would be if more, new football-related debts arise; staff payments perhaps, or new missed payments to HMRC are reported.
If we don't pay it in October it will be another -10

Realistically how much longer can we expect to field a side in what is known to be a tough and physically demanding competition?. It is something of a miracle we have somehow managed to have fourteen players available for every match so far.

How much longer can we continue like this? Oh well, I said that at the beginning of August so what do I know?

Realistically how much longer can we expect to field a side in what is known to be a tough and physically demanding competition?. It is something of a miracle we have somehow managed to have fourteen players available for every match so far.

How much longer can we continue like this? Oh well, I said that at the beginning of August so what do I know?
I find it hard to believe that the current squad isn't carrying knocks right now

From what has been reported, Players like Bridge and Cardwell have picked up little knocks and I firmly believe they are just playing through it right now .

It's just credit to this group of players and again cements them a place as legendary club squads.

Guess so far we have been lucky with the weather as well. I wonder how much is the team being carried along by the siege mentality of the situation? That sort of thing is great for a short period of time, but eventually it runs out. This is certainly a special group of players.

Reactions: jnl

The 10 point deduction was for failing to pay all HMRC debts and football creditors post the date the conditional licence was issued by 23/8

In terms of the WUP itself you might be right whilst I will be surprised if anything happens before 4/10 in terms of NL sanctions after that date if any debt to HMRC & or football creditors remains (even if the sum under the WUP is paid ) then it’s probable the NL will either 1) deduct more points 2) Suspend the licence or 3) Expel the club and that’s even if WUO is paid./ dismissed

RM really is now caught between a rock and a hard place because I can’t see how he could settleHMRC liabilities post the date the petition was issued in preference to paying the sums outstanding under that petition that is unless he has come into some money.

If funds aren’t there then on 4/10 then whilst not 100% certain the likelihood is that the order to wind up will be granted that is unless he tries some other sort of action such as applying to appoint an administrator

Just saying to my wife we have home game on Tuesday then away for a few days later so will have to the miss the home game v fylde so Tuesday night could be our last ever game watching the blues can’t believe this is happening to my club , so I hope Ron martin you realise what you are doing to people you will certainly go down in Southend United history for all the wrong reasons

Really disheartening that there is absolutely no news coming out whatsoever.
I hope it's a buyer playing hard ball. If it is then I hope Ron blinks first and not the rat stalling to try to get a higher return. Either way I am holding on to what hope I have as I am sure we would have heard something if there was no chance of a deal being made and Ron is playing games as usual.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back