• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Sale of Southend United to Justin Rees and his consortium

Status
Not open for further replies.
I understand your concerns, but you have made some big and stretching assumptions in your most recent posts.
Some sort of clarification is required then? Im only working with the evidence at hand.

im hopeful that your inferring that the aussie chap has loads of money and a football background, which if is the case ill be suitably delighted.

i know you cant say much, but how about a thumbs up or down at this stage?

Yes, In the ground, on the pitch. Wanna get media attention? That's how! We have to contend with the top 6 obsessed media these days so we need to take bigger action. As much as I wish harm on no one. Ron needs to feel uncomfortable in his own home. Once he leaves and passes the club on. We won't bother him again but we are literally about to die
So we do that we survive and you would be ok with more financial and or points penalties if they were given to us? That surprises me.

It also harms the players who need the support, I agree RM needs to be aware and I agree media needs to pay more attention, but. This feels wrong to me

So we do that we survive and you would be ok with more financial and or points penalties if they were given to us? That surprises me.

It also harms the players who need the support, I agree RM needs to be aware and I agree media needs to pay more attention, but. This feels wrong to me
Oh give me a break harms the ****ing players. They will all be out of a job if we go under come October 4th. We seriously must have the most passive fan base out there and we are staring extinction down the barrel. Take a look at blackpool for example. We need to be at that level

So why are they saing that have momnies not spent on the sea way project Someone seems to either doing a Ron .Or the cash is there .
I think the issue is that SUFC need money for running costs - wages, electricity, tax etc. which is revenue expenditure.

Seaway would have come from a capital budget, that is a budget that gets you an asset.

You can't generally use capital monies to pay for revenue expenditure. So if the problem is SUFC can't pay the tax bill, how much money the Council have in a capital budget is immaterial. I think that if there were money left in the revenue budget there would be other calls for it, in particular for adult social care.

RH is arguably an asset (although one that need significant investment), with the best will in the world it is hard to justify SUFC as being an asset. Of course if the council bought both, then the recurring losses of SUFC might then be a drain on the revenue budget.

That is how I understand it anyway.

I would take that with a pinch of salt, a bit like anything that comes out of a politicians mouth, especially one who is trying to slither out of something he is not too keen on it seems an easy get out.

One minute its looking like we are getting some help and the next the local headline from Tony Coz is "oh we have a £14M deficit!".

Absolute jokers.
Don’t suppose he mentioned the £90m reserves and £10m re the Seaway project not happening? I imagine Anna Firth has been screaming down the phone at him- can’t think of a better way of ensuring she becomes an ex-MP either.

Oh give me a break harms the ****ing players. They will all be out of a job if we go under come October 4th. We seriously must have the most passive fan base out there and we are staring extinction down the barrel. Take a look at blackpool for example. We need to be at that level
I’m talking about in team wise in the table not physically, if games are stopped that does more harm to the team and club just my opinion. You have yours and that’s fine, no need to get anbusive and swearing. We are all feeling the pain

I think the issue is that SUFC need money for running costs - wages, electricity, tax etc. which is revenue expenditure.

Seaway would have come from a capital budget, that is a budget that gets you an asset.

You can't generally use capital monies to pay for revenue expenditure. So if the problem is SUFC can't pay the tax bill, how much money the Council have in a capital budget is immaterial. I think that if there were money left in the revenue budget there would be other calls for it, in particular for adult social care.

RH is arguably an asset (although one that need significant investment), with the best will in the world it is hard to justify SUFC as being an asset. Of course if the council bought both, then the recurring losses of SUFC might then be a drain on the revenue budget.

As has already been suggested numerous times it’s quite possible that any loan via the ST could be secured on RH stadium (Asset as you mention) if that is part of the deal (which as far as we know it is).

It’s pocket swapping to the buyer but funding via ST could be used for/towards the stadium purchase piece, leaving monies allocated for the stadium purchase to be used to clear debts/provide working capital. I would also be very surprised if a healthy part of the debt can’t be restructured. E.g. Emersons accepting £300k now and a repayment plan. They’re a Southend based business. They want and need their money- but by the same token they won’t want to be complicit in killing the club.

Of course we speculate.

We have had threats to the well-being of Ron and his family. We have had protests at Rons home. We have had protests at the ground. Where has any of that got us? We are in exactly the same place as if the protests never happened.
Ron is in charge. Ron will do what he wants/serves him best. I shop at Asda but it does not give me the right to dictate what they do with their business. End of.
You do have the right to pray and whether you believe in God or not I suggest you hedge your bets and get on your knees. You have more chance of influencing a God than you do swaying Ron from his perch.

I’m talking about in team wise in the table not physically, if games are stopped that does more harm to the team and club just my opinion. You have yours and that’s fine, no need to get anbusive and swearing. We are all feeling the pain
We are bottom of the table. If we don't pay In October that's another 10 points with a small sqaud and little chance of getting out of that.. I'm not sure at this point they care because they will all be unemployed if we go under

I don't think that was the ideal any money lent to the shrimpers trust would be to clear the money owed to the Hrmc if such funds where made available it was hoped that once the tax owered .Someone could take over the club

I asked this a few weeks back and got a snotty answer basically saying 'been posted before look it up'
Only RM knows the answer to this so not sure why you got a sarky reply. I imagine when he compares the best deal on offer with letting the club die if he’s one pound better off either way that’s what will happen. He’s got the hump we don’t adore him so two fingers to us.

We are bottom of the table. If we don't pay In October that's another 10 points with a small sqaud and little chance of getting out of that.. I'm not sure at this point they care because they will all be unemployed if we go under
I think they do care as shown by their performances, if they didnt they wouldnt be fighting so hard to do what they have done quite well so far, would be top 5 without the penalty. Getting another one may rule out some miracle playoff run if we do survive.

I respect your views, not for me, but each to their own

Last edited:
IF we don't pay in October we cease to exist

HATE THE NEGATIVE COMMENTS ,LET JUST PRAY FOR A MIRACLE , A LAST MINTE SAVIOUR , ITS ALL WE CAN DO ,UNTIL THEN LETS BE POSITIVE ,IF ALL FALLS APART THEN WE CAN DECIDE WHAT TO DO CONCERNING THAT NARCIISTIC C**T AND HIS GOLDEN EGG . IM NOT BEING RUDE BUT I HATE THE MAN AND HIS FAMILY , AND I HATE THAT WORD HATE ALWAYS HAVE ALWAYS WILL AND NEVER IN MY LIFE DID I EVER THINK I WOULD FEEL THIS WAY ABOUT ANYONE , GOD FORGIVE ME !!!!!!

HATE THE NEGATIVE COMMENTS ,LET JUST PRAY FOR A MIRACLE , A LAST MINTE SAVIOUR , ITS ALL WE CAN DO ,UNTIL THEN LETS BE POSITIVE ,IF ALL FALLS APART THEN WE CAN DECIDE WHAT TO DO CONCERNING THAT NARCIISTIC C**T AND HIS GOLDEN EGG . IM NOT BEING RUDE BUT I HATE THE MAN AND HIS FAMILY , AND I HATE THAT WORD HATE ALWAYS HAVE ALWAYS WILL AND NEVER IN MY LIFE DID I EVER THINK I WOULD FEEL THIS WAY ABOUT ANYONE , GOD FORGIVE ME !!!!!!
speak up

At least if we do go under, we have had a really good final team that has a real togetherness about it. At least it isn't like the last few seasons where I just haven't been able to like many of the players, it didn't help that most of them were sh@t tbh

You might as well of posted that in caps... Oh! hang on I will colour it for you to make it even more dramatic. :Winking:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back