• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Sale of Southend United to Justin Rees and his consortium

Status
Not open for further replies.
as @Smiffy mentioned in an earlier post several pages ago, the Tuesday night game on the 3rd Oct could be very interesting / tasty / scary as hell
If it’s become apparent by then there is no rescue package or chance of the debt being cleared I dread to think what will happen that night. Pitch invasion etc

After all there will be nothing to lose as fines & points deductions will be meaningless if there not going to be a Southend United anymore.

I would also think it a good idea for Rat face to beef up the security around his manor.

If it’s become apparent by then there is no rescue package or chance of the debt being cleared I dread to think what will happen that night. Pitch invasion etc

After all there will be nothing to lose as fines & points deductions will be meaningless if there not going to be a Southend United anymore.

I would also think it a good idea for Rat face to beef up the security around his manor.
pitch invasion? That'll be a given. I was thinking more of a full on smashing the place up riot.
As you say - if we are no more what's to lose, taking a few souvenirs.....

Anyone starting to feel like we won't have a club in a few weeks

Where the ****s the protests

Where has all the noise gone

The slience from the club is shocking

For months and months our mental health has taken a hit

Waiting for this and that and nothing

RON ****ING MARTIN DOESN'T WANT TO SELL THE CLUB

We have less than 4 weeks until out beloved club has gone
Not me. Hope I'm right.

I still believe Ron himself wants #martinout but not if he's left with huge debts after he's sold the club.

Not me. Hope I'm right.

I still believe Ron himself wants #martinout but not if he's left with huge debts after he's sold the club.
So the key question is how does SUFC ceasing to exist affect RM compared to accepting any offer that is currently on the table. I think our only hope is that he will be financially better off accepting any offer rather than see the club collapse. Anyone with a shred of decency and common sense would have concluded a compromise deal months ago.

You mean stop them going ahead?

Wont that bring more penalties son the club either financial (which we cant afford) or points (which we cant afford) so if we do survive we will then be in even further trouble?
Yes, In the ground, on the pitch. Wanna get media attention? That's how! We have to contend with the top 6 obsessed media these days so we need to take bigger action. As much as I wish harm on no one. Ron needs to feel uncomfortable in his own home. Once he leaves and passes the club on. We won't bother him again but we are literally about to die

So the key question is how does SUFC ceasing to exist affect RM compared to accepting any offer that is currently on the table. I think our only hope is that he will be financially better off accepting any offer rather than see the club collapse. Anyone with a shred of decency and common sense would have concluded a compromise deal months ago.
I asked this a few weeks back and got a snotty answer basically saying 'been posted before look it up'

The amount of money spent by councils on things like a Scam solar farms *£145M trousered by Thurrock council) and an eye watering £6M per day across England on housing illegal immigrants makes me absolutely sick when I hear the likes of Tony Cox saying they can't afford it!.

We should be asking what their reserves are and now the £10M seaway project isn't going ahead where is that money going?.
Surely if you are going to bring Thurrock council into the discussion then it would be an example of why the council should NOT invest in SUFC.

Not sure what you mean by the council trousered the money, maybe a typo?

So why are they saing that have momnies not spent on the sea way project Someone seems to either doing a Ron .Or the cash is there .

Supposedly, according to one of the councillors, money has been invested in offices/ property in London, the profits can only be used for other investments, not services… Hence a £93million in reserves with a £14 million budget deficit…

it makes no sense to me anyone buying a football club tbh. Unless your stupidly minted and either want a toy, or in rare cases are emotionally invested in the club, and therein lies the problem with modern football.

i dont know how any one would sell that to the wife tbh...

luv i want to buy a loss making business from a crook on the other side of the world in a sport i dont know much about, you fancy it?
I understand your concerns, but you have made some big and stretching assumptions in your most recent posts.

Yes, In the ground, on the pitch. Wanna get media attention? That's how! We have to contend with the top 6 obsessed media these days so we need to take bigger action. As much as I wish harm on no one. Ron needs to feel uncomfortable in his own home. Once he leaves and passes the club on. We won't bother him again but we are literally about to die
I understand this heat is getting to people however suggesting this is automatically putting others at risk if it came to fruition. The problem with people, especially on mass, they show off, put others in danger and royaly **** up. No amount of pitch invasions ir protests or talking to the council/MPs is going to change the fact that we are or not screwed but is not and never has been in our hands. Ron isn't just going to roll over, so it is up to the bidder to do what is necessary and not the fanbase. That is business. I dare say Ron has had death threats in the past from a lot more scary people than us over the years but he still plods on. If you have the money to save the club then do that, that would be the only way you would control the situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back