• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Sale of Southend United to Justin Rees and his consortium

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree it is unlikely.

The issue with consortiums is agreement in the short and long term. For instance if JR is still looking for an investor and say said investor is putting in +25%, would he then think i want my own DD as i am not sure baout those before as those deals didnt come to fruition, so whats wrong with the DD or were there other issues. All in all I therefore want DD done by someone I trust etc

It is going to be very close to the deadline thats for sure, the comments from Cox seems to have muddied the waters a little re the council involvement, but it has ot be said no amount was ever mentioned by the council (that i saw) and they only said the may they didnt guarantee. Would be hard for them to back down as you mentioned last week (to which I agreed) but al in all everything is as clear as it has been over the last 4 months and more.
Yes clear as mud.

it all just seems so absurd doesnt it.

Some random australian guy with no football background appearing from nowhere saying he wants to buy the club, but doesnt have the money to do so.

What happened to this global agency that was supposed to be finding a buyer?
Not knocking stan, but what happened to his long list of buyers?

I get that rons a slippery ****er probably hiding a few million of debt but in todays reality, if someone wants to buy a football club shouldnt they have x amount of millions to invest? at least initially to get us out of the doldrums?

sick of it all.
They are probably all too savvy to be mugged off by Ron

Some random australian guy with no football background appearing from nowhere saying he wants to buy the club, but doesnt have the money to do so.

I get that rons a slippery ****er probably hiding a few million of debt but in todays reality, if someone wants to buy a football club shouldnt they have x amount of millions to invest? at least initially to get us out of the doldrums?

sick of it all.
And he is apparently our only hope of survival. The whole thing is a ****ing mess.

I was talking to a mate about the plight of SUFC at the weekend, the sale, winding up order etc when his Mrs shouted from the other room “I’d rather save Wilko than SUFC!”… the stress and pressures are obviously impacting family life 😂
Is Howard unwell? The last English manager to win top flight by the way

Some Australian guy without football knowledge. What you mean like two Americans who knew sod all about football
Financial clout goes a long way. They havent interfered in the football, just hired the right people. I find it bizarre not so much that this random chap has come out of the woodwork, but that he doesnt seem to have the money? is that not like any of us saying, i fancy buying it, lets have a whip round. or a load of us saying, lets buy a basketball team. makes no sense to me.

So then.. when is the next protest? We need to start stopping games now, we have literally 20 days or so to go. We can sit around a moan after the 4th if it all goes tits up but until then we should be making his life unbearable
You mean stop them going ahead?

Wont that bring more penalties son the club either financial (which we cant afford) or points (which we cant afford) so if we do survive we will then be in even further trouble?

The amount of money spent by councils on things like a Scam solar farms *£145M trousered by Thurrock council) and an eye watering £6M per day across England on housing illegal immigrants makes me absolutely sick when I hear the likes of Tony Cox saying they can't afford it!.

We should be asking what their reserves are and now the £10M seaway project isn't going ahead where is that money going?.

sick of it all.

When did Stan say he had a long list of buyers?

Besides, just because there are buyers out there, doesn't mean they could match what RM is after

With the council stating they're facing a £14m deficit in their budget I think you can forget any financial help from the council.
I would take that with a pinch of salt, a bit like anything that comes out of a politicians mouth, especially one who is trying to slither out of something he is not too keen on it seems an easy get out.

One minute its looking like we are getting some help and the next the local headline from Tony Coz is "oh we have a £14M deficit!".

Absolute jokers.

Financial clout goes a long way. They havent interfered in the football, just hired the right people. I find it bizarre not so much that this random chap has come out of the woodwork, but that he doesnt seem to have the money? is that not like any of us saying, i fancy buying it, lets have a whip round. or a load of us saying, lets buy a basketball team. makes no sense to me.
It makes no sense to you that he'd rather share the cost of buying a loss making football club with other parties, thus mitigating his own personal risk to some extent ? Perhaps he can afford it all himself? Its never been confirmed either way. I imagine his wife has told him straight that she doesn't mind if he and his mates want to buy the club between them but if he thinks he's doing it by himself then she'll divorce him and take him for every penny she can. My wife would 😅.

It makes no sense to you that he'd rather share the cost of buying a loss making football club with other parties, thus mitigating his own personal risk to some extent ? Perhaps he can afford it all himself? Its never been confirmed either way. I imagine his wife has told him straight that she doesn't mind if he and his mates want to buy the club between them but if he thinks he's doing it by himself then she'll divorce him and take him for every penny she can. My wife would 😅.
it makes no sense to me anyone buying a football club tbh. Unless your stupidly minted and either want a toy, or in rare cases are emotionally invested in the club, and therein lies the problem with modern football.

i dont know how any one would sell that to the wife tbh...

luv i want to buy a loss making business from a crook on the other side of the world in a sport i dont know much about, you fancy it?

So then.. when is the next protest? We need to start stopping games now, we have literally 20 days or so to go. We can sit around a moan after the 4th if it all goes tits up but until then we should be making his life unbearable
Please tell me exactly what that will achieve, more sanctions on the club, that’d be helpful🤦‍♀️ nothing we do will speed up the sale, the protests are for publicity. HE doesn’t give a stuff about protests, HE is a narcissist. Unfortunately for us all we can do is wait and hope that a miracle will happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back