• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Sale of Southend United to Justin Rees and his consortium

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sure its likely he could raise the funds if needed. The problem is, I'm not sure understands when it *is* needed. He thinks he can keep getting adjournments until one day, the adjournment doesn't come.
Even then, I suspect he will feel he could win an appeal!
I think over the years he has always known when it is needed, but his don't want to pay until I have to approach, has been the modus operandi.
As you say he has always manipulated an outcome that's suited him. He has played the game, but the reality is that game is well and truly over.
I believe after the Judges comments he knows the gamble is now to big and the backlash that would follow our demise carries to much jeopardy on so many levels for him going forward. If he has failed to grasp that then he has lost the sense of self preservation that has served him so well all these years.

Just for the record, should Southend United FC cease on 4th October is the little rat faced dweeb fnck free to do as he wishes with the land at Roots Hall & Fossets, planning permission notwithstanding.

Obviously he won’t need to build a new stadium for a non existent club, so freeing up both bits of land for his nefarious purposes.

Last edited:
Reactions: jnl
I think over the years he has always known when it is needed, but his don't want to pay until I have to approach, has been the modus operandi.
As you say he has always manipulated an outcome that's suited him. He has played the game, but the reality is that game is well and truly over.
I believe after the Judges comments he knows the gamble is now to big and the backlash that would follow our demise carries to much jeopardy on so many levels for him going forward. If he has failed to grasp that then he has lost the sense of self preservation that has served him so well all these years.
He’s not paying it I’ll tell you now

Just for the record, should Southend United FC cease on 4th October is the little rat faced dweeb fnck free to do as he wishes with the land at Roots Hall & Fossets, planning permission notwithstanding.

Obviously he won’t need to build a new stadium for a non existent club, so freeing up both bits of land for his nefarious purposes.

I don't think he would get planning.

The backlash would be huge. I could see industrial sabotage.

More likely that Roots Hall could be secured for the club ala Bury FC.

I was talking to a mate about the plight of SUFC at the weekend, the sale, winding up order etc when his Mrs shouted from the other room “I’d rather save Wilko than SUFC!”… the stress and pressures are obviously impacting family life 😂
Your friends Mum has a point.
We have a catchment area of half a million people.
Less than 6,000. Are interested in paying to watch football.

The pitch / stadium is the enabler at FF and in terms of RH the barrier.

Sports England are a mandatory group in-terms of being consulted they have in effect the power of veto .

There would be a basic requirement to replace to the same or better standard RH but and here the kicker if the facilities have been dormant for 5 years there isn’t quite the same problems

I don't think he would get planning.

The backlash would be huge. I could see industrial sabotage.

More likely that Roots Hall could be secured for the club ala Bury FC.

The situation that Bury were I is a country mile from where SUFC currently finds itself

For one Bury owned its ground. Next it went into administration.

RH isn’t a FC asset and at this point in time administration doesn’t appear on the cards but even if it did any administration wouldn’t have control over RH

Yes there would be a backlash but once planning was granted, which sorry it almost certainly would at some point be it after the 5 years I mentioned in an earlier post.

Could someone please change the thread title each time lately I have a look on here trying to find any takeover news but all I keep seeing is news about throwing plastic rats on the pitch or standing outside Ron’s house this thread is for news on Justin Rees buying the club
Agreed.

Can we have a protest thread instead please admin?

This whole "sale saga" is ****ing stressful and personally, (in the politest way possible) I'm not interested in protests and other opinions people may have, that are unrelated to the bid.

Who what how when That is all I kept reading over and over again . What is going to happen on the 4th is divided What will be will be .Sadly its in the lap of the gods what will happen on that date

Could someone please change the thread title each time lately I have a look on here trying to find any takeover news but all I keep seeing is news about throwing plastic rats on the pitch or standing outside Ron’s house this thread is for news on Justin Rees buying the club
That’s the problem though. There isn’t any news on the sale of the club. However I agree the thread should be renamed with a speculation only title. If there’s any concrete news I think we can rely on the Zone to create a thread for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back