• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Sale of Southend United to Justin Rees and his consortium

Status
Not open for further replies.
Que line from Blackadder..

"Oh, hurrah! The big knobs have gone round the table and yanked the iron out of the fire!"

There is always hope - as long as the big knobs are talking.

It isn't if you are a local authority or other public body. They have very strict rules about what they can and can not do.

With regards to companies, I guess they have their own bills to pay.
As I said the ST loan would in this scenario be funding the purchase of an asset with security.

Look the 🐀 is only 'cash poor' in his name, I won't use the term broke because the reality is he can raise funds when it suits him! Accessibility to these funds no doubt come by means of private 'family' money or other business interest, again not necessarily with his actual name associated, nothing like keeping it in the 'family' is there, either at home or overseas. The simple fact is, as it has been for many a long day, the 🐀 would have had to whittle down the private 'family' reserves to ever attempt to avoid our current plight and he doesn't 'love this club' that Fing much! So people just acknowledge and work with the concept that the 🐀 has always been driven to achieve the pot of gold at the end of the FF development, he's just not interested in the money pit that is Southend United anymore, other than it's logistical usage. Unfortunately the Courts sympathetic previous extensions have resulted in the 🐀 being able to ignore bids while he waits to see what deal he can cut that is best for him. We are left in a 'waiting on death row' senerio! Will we receive that 11th hour pardon? Well equally if you were a potential buyer of the Football Club, with a realistic approach of looking to achieve stability and then potential future investment, you may use this death row period to find other 'in at the start' investment partners so as to reduce your personal risk. Arguably a sound business approach, although at the expense of the emotion and fear suffered by the Supporter's, who are ruled by heart over head and can only see a doomsday clock ticking away. For what it's worth I draw hope from a few considerations. The 🐀 has, excluding HMRC, paid up certain football related debts that non deadline day payment would have impacted our viability as a football club. The 🐀 knows that any potential buyer will be in this instance led by wanting to be involved in football not quick investment returns. No Club no 'preferred' type of buyer.
The 🐀 knows that if he was to be forever seen as the man responsible for our demise there would always be consequences to his actions for his and his family to live with be it in business or otherwise.
In essence despite what some believe the 🐀 by his recent reluctant funding has shown he has the realisation that the football club has to survive, it's to his detriment for it not to.
There is no doubt that the collective pressure of fans protests, the media exposure, MP and SCC involvement will have underlined this fact to the 🐀
We know many are working and lobbying on behalf of the Club and no doubt there is detail that is not and again arguably can not or should not be in the public domain at this time.
In a perverse way it could be seen that this period of seemingly non activity is of great benefit to future owners even if it is cultivated from the depths of many a Shrimpers worst fears. Oh and by the way #MARTINOUT

Look the 🐀 is only 'cash poor' in his name, I won't use the term broke because the reality is he can raise funds when it suits him! Accessibility to these funds no doubt come by means of private 'family' money or other business interest, again not necessarily with his actual name associated, nothing like keeping it in the 'family' is there, either at home or overseas. The simple fact is, as it has been for many a long day, the 🐀 would have had to whittle down the private 'family' reserves to ever attempt to avoid our current plight and he doesn't 'love this club' that Fing much! So people just acknowledge and work with the concept that the 🐀 has always been driven to achieve the pot of gold at the end of the FF development, he's just not interested in the money pit that is Southend United anymore, other than it's logistical usage. Unfortunately the Courts sympathetic previous extensions have resulted in the 🐀 being able to ignore bids while he waits to see what deal he can cut that is best for him. We are left in a 'waiting on death row' senerio! Will we receive that 11th hour pardon? Well equally if you were a potential buyer of the Football Club, with a realistic approach of looking to achieve stability and then potential future investment, you may use this death row period to find other 'in at the start' investment partners so as to reduce your personal risk. Arguably a sound business approach, although at the expense of the emotion and fear suffered by the Supporter's, who are ruled by heart over head and can only see a doomsday clock ticking away. For what it's worth I draw hope from a few considerations. The 🐀 has, excluding HMRC, paid up certain football related debts that non deadline day payment would have impacted our viability as a football club. The 🐀 knows that any potential buyer will be in this instance led by wanting to be involved in football not quick investment returns. No Club no 'preferred' type of buyer.
The 🐀 knows that if he was to be forever seen as the man responsible for our demise there would always be consequences to his actions for his and his family to live with be it in business or otherwise.
In essence despite what some believe the 🐀 by his recent reluctant funding has shown he has the realisation that the football club has to survive, it's to his detriment for it not to.
There is no doubt that the collective pressure of fans protests, the media exposure, MP and SCC involvement will have underlined this fact to the 🐀
We know many are working and lobbying on behalf of the Club and no doubt there is detail that is not and again arguably can not or should not be in the public domain at this time.
In a perverse way it could be seen that this period of seemingly non activity is of great benefit to future owners even if it is cultivated from the depths of many a Shrimpers worst fears. Oh and by the way #MARTINOUT
I'm sure its likely he could raise the funds if needed. The problem is, I'm not sure understands when it *is* needed. He thinks he can keep getting adjournments until one day, the adjournment doesn't come.
Even then, I suspect he will feel he could win an appeal!

If Oxford city is our last game, I would rather spend it thanking the team, Kev, Dan and Mark for their loyalty and effort. Not interested in smashing Roots Hall up Or invading the pitch, I Just want to reflect on what might have been. 🥺
Apart from anything… there is always the chance of a last minute reprieve from somewhere. Less likely if the stadium has been ripped to pieces and the pitch is in some chaps front garden

As has already been suggested numerous times it’s quite possible that any loan via the ST could be secured on RH stadium (Asset as you mention) if that is part of the deal (which as far as we know it is).

It’s pocket swapping to the buyer but funding via ST could be used for/towards the stadium purchase piece, leaving monies allocated for the stadium purchase to be used to clear debts/provide working capital. I would also be very surprised if a healthy part of the debt can’t be restructured. E.g. Emersons accepting £300k now and a repayment plan. They’re a Southend based business. They want and need their money- but by the same token they won’t want to be complicit in killing the club.

Of course we speculate.
The reports today are the the local Council’s 22/23 budget overspend will be £14 million and not the £7 million previously anticipated.

The inference must therefore be that it’s likely the 23/24 numbers will be even more challenging

As I have said before I cant but help feel the politicians are playing to the crowd and at the end of the day I suspect that no money will be forthcoming and if id does it wont be in the millions because quite simply the DD that the council would have to commission would explore the lack of certainty that any loan could be repaid

The reports today are the the local Council’s 22/23 budget overspend will be £14 million and not the £7 million previously anticipated.

The inference must therefore be that it’s likely the 23/24 numbers will be even more challenging

As I have said before I cant but help feel the politicians are playing to the crowd and at the end of the day I suspect that no money will be forthcoming and if id does it wont be in the millions because quite simply the DD that the council would have to commission would explore the lack of certainty that any loan could be repaid
Talk is cheap but cash buys stadiums!

Oh give me a break harms the ****ing players. They will all be out of a job if we go under come October 4th. We seriously must have the most passive fan base out there and we are staring extinction down the barrel. Take a look at blackpool for example. We need to be at that level
At Blackpool there was one pitch invasion (plus one separate tennis ball event). It cost the club a suspended points deduction, but was FOUR years before the owners were removed and, in all honesty, was not really all that significant in the scheme of things.

Your time for this kind of direct action was long ago, if you were going to do it at all. The Trust has to play a different and more sophisticated game these days, and in my opinion this sort of belated posturing won't really help, even if it makes you feel better for a short time.

Greed is a powerful thing and Ron must think he has all his ducks in a row now. He appears to have put the club. Up for sale but wrapped it in so much debt and potential litigation that no one with real money will now touch it.

I think he did plan for it to be a straightforward, build stadium, get rich from residential sales and that would be it. It hasn't planned out that way with a load of bumps in the road. Now he just wants his money and to hell with the club and its fans. Its become more evident that the council, anyone.ov anu significant power cannot stop Ron doing what he likes to Roots Hall once the club is gone. Sadly a club is worth something to the fans and none of our ranks seems to have the financial clout to drive Rat boy back to his sewer

pitch invasion? That'll be a given. I was thinking more of a full on smashing the place up riot.
As you say - if we are no more what's to lose, taking a few souvenirs.....
IF by the time of the Oxford game, no positive news has filtered through, then no doubt emotions will be very high that evening.
However, i'm sure OB will see this as an opportunity for many to get a few hrs o/t, & would expect to see them in numbers probably outside the ground, waiting for a call to enter if required?.
FWIW the only souvenirs i'd look for, is if the West Stand food outlet had left any onions!!.

IF by the time of the Oxford game, no positive news has filtered through, then no doubt emotions will be very high that evening.
However, i'm sure OB will see this as an opportunity for many to get a few hrs o/t, & would expect to see them in numbers probably outside the ground, waiting for a call to enter if required?.
FWIW the only souvenirs i'd look for, is if the West Stand food outlet had left any onions!!.
Got to be cup of urine from the floor of the west stand bogs, surely?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back