• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Sale of Southend United to Justin Rees and his consortium

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have have 41 days to pay the HMCR bill. I assumed in my own small minded world , the debt may be paid a day early. Silly me!

The club statement said “Completion is targeted before 1 October”.

If the deal proceeds Ron will be keen to close before September’s wages fall due. We may even see some movement next week when August’s wages focus the mind.

7 days left in August plus 30 in September?

You might need to borrow someone else’s fingers and toes….

Some rather strange goings on. I feel rather more reassured that a group of local business men are (allegedly) involved. Obviously, one of the most intruiging things is the question of who is part of this group? Were they associated with the previous consortia??? Maybe the ITK, who have been very quiet recently, can do some delving? Interesting to have an Australian 'chap' leading the group. I'm all for this if it ends up as an exchange. We gain Justin and Martin is packed off to Australia. That's where we sent our convicts, wasn't it?

The club statement said “Completion is targeted before 1 October”.

If the deal proceeds Ron will be keen to close before September’s wages fall due. We may even see some movement next week when August’s wages focus the mind.

You might need to borrow someone else’s fingers and toes….
And to think I work in financial services :Dunce:

I base that on talking to Simon and hearing his clearly defined and achievable goals which would have taken us forward while keeping us as a sustainable business and advancing steadily through the leagues.

Why?
Well for a start it's under a thread about Justin Rees

So this guy has a good track record, if not involved in any sports industry. Co-founded his last company which is to this date very succesful. He seems very credible with everyone he does business with. His final post before leaving and colleagues/employees/partners comments following.... Screenshot_20230823_182218_LinkedIn.jpg

Screenshot_20230823_182205_LinkedIn.jpg

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230823_182137_LinkedIn.jpg
    Screenshot_20230823_182137_LinkedIn.jpg
    159.5 KB · Views: 52
  • Screenshot_20230823_182117_LinkedIn.jpg
    Screenshot_20230823_182117_LinkedIn.jpg
    207.8 KB · Views: 52
  • Screenshot_20230823_182106_LinkedIn.jpg
    Screenshot_20230823_182106_LinkedIn.jpg
    169.5 KB · Views: 40
  • Screenshot_20230823_182054_LinkedIn.jpg