• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Sale of Southend United to Justin Rees and his consortium

Status
Not open for further replies.
Roots Hall is 8 minutes walk, Fossets is 23 mins so almost triple the distance from Prittlewell.

I don’t fancy that during the depths of winter tbh.
Also, aside from the actual distance, I don't think there's any pavement along that stretch of road on the Boots and Laces side of the road, is there? If there is, it's very small and not designed for large amounts of people. It's a dual carriageway and there could be literally a few thousand people walking along the other side of the road, trying to cross at two crossing points (if they are being sensible, and when were all football fans sensible?).

It sounds like an absolute recipe for carnage.

Prittlewell is all very well but what about those on the c2c line. It’s quite a trek from Southend Central or even Southend East. At least now fans can follow a straight line. Plus for me, walking from Leigh on Sea it’s not ideal. Never been a fan of that location.

Also, aside from the actual distance, I don't think there's any pavement along that stretch of road on the Boots and Laces side of the road, is there? If there is, it's very small and not designed for large amounts of people. It's a dual carriageway and there could be literally a few thousand people walking along the other side of the road, trying to cross at two crossing points (if they are being sensible, and when were all football fans sensible?).

It sounds like an absolute recipe for carnage.
You wouldn’t need to walk that way, but down Sutton road and along the fire station, where the current car park is for Jones Memorial, will be the access point for pedestrians.

I’m pleased we are at the final throws of fossetts already and all that huge but in the middle has now all been sorted … can I request blue toilet roll in the toilets please

Not sure if mentioned already, nice to see wider coverage albeit the mail. Even a courteous mention to the sticker of RM hanging. Rees gets a mention too, fingers crossed its sorted for all our sakes.

Not sure if mentioned already, nice to see wider coverage albeit the mail. Even a courteous mention to the sticker of RM hanging. Rees gets a mention too, fingers crossed its sorted for all our sakes.

That will hurt Ron more than MartinOut trending on Twitter as he (or Mrs Martin) and/or their friends are almost certainly Mail readers.

Nice piece that highlights Rons achievements to a bigger audience he so rightly deserves.

I’m pleased we are at the final throws of fossetts already and all that huge but in the middle has now all been sorted … can I request blue toilet roll in the toilets please
Oh God, he's back Mr doom and gloom and after a bit of time in Jockland is even worse than before. Knuckle dragging moronic bafoon.

No ok
That will hurt Ron more than MartinOut trending on Twitter as he (or Mrs Martin) and/or their friends are almost certainly Mail readers.
would have thought with chairman Ron and all his pound notes stuffed under his mattress he would be a Financial Times man ( lol )

Prittlewell is all very well but what about those on the c2c line. It’s quite a trek from Southend Central or even Southend East. At least now fans can follow a straight line. Plus for me, walking from Leigh on Sea it’s not ideal. Never been a fan of that location.
With no disrespect moving stadium is always going to be closer for some and further from others. Would be good if the club and council look at options for getting to the ground. To reduce traffic they could look at something similar to what they do at Southampton where you park away and they put on buses/coaches to shuttle you to the ground. Would alleviate the traffic issues to some extent and be good for fans who travel from outside the local area too.

Not sure how fast some of you walk but its not 3 times the distance. From the exit of of Prittlewell to RH to RH is the same to the entrance to Jones memorial. Now assuming you stop when the red man is showing and cross on green, like you have done at the Blue board for decades without any drama. Then you will be into pleasant walk way, its the reason Ron bought the Cecil Jones land.

I believe the planned 400ft bronze statue of Ron astride the entrance has been scrapped, so relax. Your seat will not be another 2x the distance you have just walked.

If there is anyone smart enough at Southend Rugby club. They will improve that path and make it easy to get the airport station. That way they could offer a free, quick and easy bus service by shuttling to and fro via temple farm industrial park. There is decent pubs in Shrewsbury does this( I paid £2 return) and the buses get priority leaving the car park.

From what I have been told the consortium are split over FF.......For those amongst them that think fans may not go.....That will last until they see the huge increase tickets we start selling for the first game. They will want to be part of it far more than a Phoenix at Canvey, Wakering Southend Manor, Col U and several other ridiculous suggestions I have heard so far......I guarantee it.

New ground old ground lets not get ahead of ourselfs .First thing first .The sale of the club is paromount to anything eles .No sale by the 4th of october no club either at rootshall or fossetts farm .All i hope for the time being is a person or concortium to buy the club .Then and only then can we say where we will either play or relocate .

New ground old ground lets not get ahead of ourselfs .First thing first .The sale of the club is paromount to anything eles .No sale by the 4th of october no club either at rootshall or fossetts farm .All i hope for the time being is a person or concortium to buy the club .Then and only then can we say where we will either play or relocate .

I doubt there will be sale before the 4th of October. What we need is a price agreed and some Auzzie dollars to pay the HMRC......Of course he would need legal protection but that is our best and possibly only option......Any other club I would wager a handsome sum of guinea that this would happen.....With SUFC, frogs and scorpions come to mind.

I'm choosing to remain optimistic. Some people on here had already taken off 10 points with staff not being paid, but they were. All reports from those who have spoken with Justin seem positive (AF, Kev, Awooga). If Ron wanted the club to go under he's had loads of chances. Clearly nothing at all guaranteed but I'm being hopeful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back