• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Sale of Southend United to Justin Rees and his consortium

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kev Maher don’t hold back what you really think of Ron Martin when he leaves we all think the same of you ****

Could someone post the full article please. Thanks.
SOUTHEND United boss Kevin Maher believes prospective new owner Justin Rees would be ‘very good for the club.’

Rees remains in talks with current chairman Ron Martin as he continues to try and take over at Roots Hall.

And Maher is hoping the deal can soon be completed.

“From what I’ve dealt with and, having spoken to Justin, I think he would very, very good for the club,” said the Blues head coach.
  • “The name has come out now and hopefully it can get done sooner rather than later for everyone’s sake.

• “We can start getting to work properly then so fingers crossed it develops as well as we want it to.”
Kev went on to say, we are looking at BILLERICAY BLUE to invest millions in the club from his vast wealth.

Interesting that the manager has publicly spoken about a 'potential' owner. That doesn't normally happen. Like when a manager is asked about a player they are linked with. They normally refrain from answering.

One hopes it's because it's close to happening but I also fear it's just Kev speaking from a desperate and worn down point of view.

Maybe they can run a shuttle bus or coach service to and from a couple of points It would save clogging up the roads with many cars

I'm not going to say I think we could have made a profit for the seasons you listed, but I do wonder how much smaller those losses could have been with better recruitment, running of the club and a better mach day experience.

For many of those seasons we sacked managers and signed expensive 'wow' signings that cost a pretty penny and spent more time on the treatment table than the pitch. The food and drink offerings have been awful and sizeable potential income has been lost.
Also the rent on the stadium will be quite a bit of that “loss”

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back