• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Sale of Southend United to Justin Rees and his consortium

Status
Not open for further replies.
Somebody needs to be present at these meetings who can provide clear and proven advice on the commercial benefits and risks of both options. I'm not convinced there is anybody there able to do that - not being critical, but it has been offered numerous times without uptake.
If this discussion is still happening, it needs the right people at the table.
Agreed this seems extremely obvious. Does anyone here have a line of contact with Justin who could introduce Sherif? @CRATE maybe?

Agreed this seems extremely obvious. Does anyone here have a line of contact with Justin who could introduce Sherif? @CRATE maybe?
It just needs the Trust to introduce people at the appropriate time. I'm concerned at figures I've heard, allegedly, being quoted at these meetings, and they require some serious context to be applied.
Misinformation is, to an extent, what has got us here in the first place.

With all due respect, if the Trust are driving these meetings, it needs to go through the proper channels.
Out of interest @Sherif H , have you ever had any meetings with Ron or the trust or anybody connected to the club? Or has it been as i suspect, a bunch of bumbling amateurs (ron) and people without experience (most of us on here) randomly throwing figures in the air for the last 20 years.....

it seems classic ron that you are one of our own, and work in the industry yet he plows on with his own ****ty agenda.

Out of interest @Sherif H , have you ever had any meetings with Ron or the trust or anybody connected to the club? Or has it been as i suspect, a bunch of bumbling amateurs (ron) and people without experience (most of us on here) randomly throwing figures in the air for the last 20 years.....

it seems classic ron that you are one of our own, and work in the industry yet he plows on with his own ****ty agenda.

I've only ever exchanged emails with Ron in the past 17 years.
I've met with Tom once (with the Trust) but had previously reached out to him for a couple of years without response.
I've met with a couple of members of the Trust informally but this subject hasn't been discussed directly as it wasn't a consideration at the time.

Sometimes you get the impression that people just don't want to be helped. Referring to the Club not the Trust.

Isn't it time thst Essex's own, end of the Pier chef Jamie Oliver put his hand in his pocket to support the community in the city he professes to love? I know he's a Gooner but we only need a fraction of their money.

Come on Jamie follow Delia's example by investing in a pukka football club. Let's be 'avin' you!

Sometimes you get the impression that people just don't want to be helped. Referring to the Club not the Trust.
@Sherif H does this not come back though to Ron's comments on TSh*te the other day to Jordan "It's got nothing to do with property".

As far as Ronald the Rat is concerned the club is nothing to do with any development he's interested in so he wouldn't let the club get involved anyway & despite your best intentions to pass on your experience, & you are one of the few on here I take seriously, his view is they don't need to engage & he probably never really wanted to.

The club is just a side party that I believe Ron now totally believes he can do without. He'll gamble on the lack of interest in Southend, apart from a couple of thousand diehard fans, to get whatever property built he can without a stadium at FF & with the eventual destruction of RH that he will allow just to disintegrate over time. He's no doubt got cash squirrelled away abroad that will tide him over until he can start realising the 2 sites.

Been out of the loup for a few weeks

I know we have an aussie wanting to buy the club

So what's happening

Anyone know if things have progressed

This whole year about Southend united has been draining

So fed up with Ron Martin

He just needs to do one

I've met with Tom once (with the Trust) but had previously reached out to him for a couple of years without response.
I've met with a couple of members of the Trust informally but this subject hasn't been discussed directly as it wasn't a consideration at the time.

Unfortunately true. Ron probably buys into the we’ve had enough of experts cult that has served us all so well.

He also values secrecy which often results in the partially sighted leading the blind, and is the mother of many unrecoverable **** up.

That said Ron will be fixated on a new stadium at FF, the result of which is the precise opposite of investing anything at all in RH. As we have all seen.

Been out of the loup for a few weeks

I know we have an aussie wanting to buy the club

So what's happening

Anyone know if things have progressed

This whole year about Southend united has been draining

So fed up with Ron Martin

He just needs to do one
Don't worry, we're still going round in the same loop.

It certainly feels that way....

Hopefully a regime change will open the door for a more professionally run club, including input from people such as yourself.

Well I hope you're wrong. I too am soixante neuf but I'm not falling apart. Well, not much anyway (groans as he rises from his seat.....)
I will be 77 on October the 4th and am praying every night that my b/thday doesnt coincide with the death of the club i played for in my youth and have followed all my life, God is good believe me , just be positive .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back