• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Sale of Southend United to Justin Rees and his consortium

Status
Not open for further replies.
I doubt there will be sale before the 4th of October. What we need is a price agreed and some Auzzie dollars to pay the HMRC......Of course he would need legal protection but that is our best and possibly only option......Any other club I would wager a handsome sum of guinea that this would happen.....With SUFC, frogs and scorpions come to mind.
ON or before the 4th of oct doesnt matter .The main thing is a sale must be sorted on or before that date .As its been said after the 4th there wont be a club to buy .

It does not have to be completed just agreed. That way someone can at least fund the club. If they do then it can be completed after the 4th.

Precisely this. The judge won’t give two ****s which name is on the deeds, all he’ll care about is whether the debts have been paid come Oct 4th.

I’ve heard it claimed by JR that he will not let the club die. Let’s hope he is a man of his word.

It does not have to be completed just agreed. That way someone can at least fund the club. If they do then it can be completed after the 4th.
In the end this is what matters.

Why it takes so long who knows- the reflex is just to blame Ron. Problem is that gives others a free pass as they know this will be the case. Probably Ron nonetheless- we don't know..

Then we don't even know what the deal structure is with the Aussie. Could be more complicated= more time (although already going on for weeks), or not. We don't know if he is buying club and RH, club & renting RH with some involvement/agreement re FF, buying club and RH with some involvement/agreement re FF...we don't even know if what he is buying is different to the 7 and hence why he is in pole position.

Never has so much been shared, minus the basic information that would be of value so we can have a scooby what's going on...

In the end this is what matters.

Why it takes so long who knows- the reflex is just to blame Ron. Problem is that gives others a free pass as they know this will be the case. Probably Ron nonetheless- we don't know..

Then we don't even know what the deal structure is with the Aussie. Could be more complicated= more time (although already going on for weeks), or not. We don't know if he is buying club and RH, club & renting RH with some involvement/agreement re FF, buying club and RH with some involvement/agreement re FF...we don't even know if what he is buying is different to the 7 and hence why he is in pole position.

Never has so much been shared, minus the basic information that would be of value so we can have a scooby what's going on...
Anna firth did say they had a meeting at Bromley and when she can give details of that she will it’s probably difficult at this time ,

Precisely this. The judge won’t give two ****s which name is on the deeds, all he’ll care about is whether the debts have been paid come Oct 4th.

I’ve heard it claimed by JR that he will not let the club die. Let’s hope he is a man of his word.

He didn't mention who shot him by any chance?

Agreed, from what I have heard he seems good option.

Not quite. It's been many months since I looked but I think Provision of bus service is in the planning agreements.
Like I said...when we are there, but not before. Even then it is the bus companies that determine routes.

Exactly this. I did a route map and it's literally about another 3 or 4 mins from Prittlewell.
Prittlewell Station to Roots Hall (East Stand) is 8/9 mins. Prittlewell to the Jones Memorial Carpark alone is 16 mins, plus however long to get to the actual FF stadium. Not sure what route map you use.

Reactions: jnl
Somebody needs to be present at these meetings who can provide clear and proven advice on the commercial benefits and risks of both options. I'm not convinced there is anybody there able to do that - not being critical, but it has been offered numerous times without uptake.
If this discussion is still happening, it needs the right people at the table.

I just wonder if anyone that met Justin Reed .Told him when he said he was impressed by the southend support .That if he did buy the club and remove Ron martinn the gates would probable go up to allmost 8 k at the home games .

Just hearing that a Saudi outfit may pay 160 million for Salah and wages of 1.5 million per week.

Yet we are still without a new owner and could got bust for peanuts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back