• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Sale of Southend United to Justin Rees and his consortium

Status
Not open for further replies.
What interest are you expecting from SCC? They have been involved in planning and a relationship regarding any new houses being built. Im not sure what you are looking for?
A bus service to FF if we end up there, thats all.

To be honest for some of us that was a bit of a relief

If he goes off and plays too many games on fleecebook he will find it a much harsher environment
I took what he posted with a decent pinch of salt. Not necessarily because I doubted his intentions, but because things keep changing so fast and nobody really knows what's going on for sure. The cryptic stuff was annoying, mind.

I just don't get the personal digs and snark. If you don't like what he posts, just scroll on, or don't click in the first place.

And if this place was anywhere near as bad as Facebook or Twitter, I'd close my account.

Literally every other club in recent times apart from bury have managed to build the new stadium they had planned of found a new owner they needed, or both.

Those in trouble have managed to get new owners in reasonable time..

We very much appear to be the exception to the rule.

Had planing a couple of times. No build.

Been up for sale 7 months no sale.

This club is cursed.

Literally every other club in recent times apart from bury have managed to build the new stadium they had planned.

Those in trouble have managed to get new owners in reasonable time..

We very much appear to be the exception to the rule.

Had planing a couple of times. No build.

Been up for sale 7 months no sale.

This club is cursed.
Under Ron Martin we will always be cursed because the man is bad news from top to bottom.

If Sturrock didn't save us all those years ago then our decline down the leagues would have happened a lot sooner with the rat going skint quickly after that.

Under Ron Martin we will always be cursed because the man is bad news from top to bottom.

If Sturrock didn't save us all those years ago then our decline down the leagues would have happened a lot sooner with the rat going skint quickly after that.

I get that but other clubs have had awful chairman and found owners. Blackpool, Oldham, Charlton, Orient, Bolton and Scunthorpe to name a few.

Exactly this. I did a route map and it's literally about another 3 or 4 mins from Prittlewell.

It is...and it isn't, all at the same time.
Roots Hall is more pedestrian friendly. Fossetts, you have to try and cross that double carriageway.

Reactions: fbm
Fossetts Farm is about the same distance to Prittlewell Station as Roots Hall
It's 0.7 miles (14 min walk) from Prittlewell Stn to the proposed main entrance at FF on Sutton Rd, next to the fire station.

Prittlewell Stn to the main entrance at RH on Vic Ave is 0.4 miles (7 min walk)

*all figures sourced via google maps

Either way it's not exactly a trek and should be doable for most on foot.

It's 0.7 miles (14 min walk) from Prittlewell Stn to the proposed main entrance at FF on Sutton Rd, next to the fire station.

Prittlewell Stn to the main entrance at RH on Vic Ave is 0.4 miles (7 min walk)

*all figures source via google maps

Either way it's not exactly a trek and should be doable for most on foot.
It might be an extra 7 minute walk if your starting point is Prittlewell station. But if your journey is from the west of the town then I would say it could add a good 15 minutes walking time on to your journey.

I think we’ve been spoilt over the years with RH being so easily accessible compared to the new out of town stadia so prevalent these days. And FF isn’t out of town is it. Still drink in the Railway but would have to leave five minutes earlier than I do now. Sorted!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back