• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Sale of Southend United to Justin Rees and his consortium

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Trust statement ranks right up there with just about every other communication statement we've had during the process, from either the club, or last week's Kimura statement.

It’s interesting how so many are jumping to the conclusion that JR is just in it for for the property/profit just because he was seen having a meeting with Ron in a public place.

Anyone wanting to buy the club is going to have to make nice with 🐀 to get a deal over the line. I’m sure he goes home and takes a hot shower afterwards.

The fact he’s fronting a consortium which consists of local business people is a good sign imho, especially as it’s been suggested it contains a number of those previous bidders. And I also take the fact he had a meeting with trust as a huge positive.

I know we’ve all been traumatized by the 🐀’s tenure, but until I hear something factually negative about him I’ll be hoping Justin Rees gets it done.

Purely a guess, but from the Trust’s previous statement about looking for fans to have a greater say in their Clubs, fan representatives on boards, involvement in decisions, fan engagement and the like.
I get the sentiment and as much as I would like to be able to tell the club what to do but why would any business owner put there own money in and then let a fan help with decisions.

If they want in then join the consortium in some way.

True but the time he takes it over the debt will have increased further and potentially a further points deduction.

DD is great but the product could be ruined by the time it's done.
We were told Kimura did £300k of DD? If they remain involved hard to believe that’s not enough. If JR is still looking for investors it begs the question why is he not the 7 the preferred party? We don’t know- it’s not information shared…perhaps the 7 are no more..

It’s interesting how so many are jumping to the conclusion that JR is just in it for for the property/profit just because he was seen having a meeting with Ron in a public place.

Anyone wanting to buy the club is going to have to make nice with 🐀 to get a deal over the line. I’m sure he goes home and takes a hot shower afterwards.
If he shook hands with RM, I hope he counted his fingers after.

We were told Kimura did £300k of DD? If they remain involved hard to believe that’s not enough. If JR is still looking for investors it begs the question why is he not the 7 the preferred party? We don’t know- it’s not information shared…perhaps the 7 are no more..

Might need to do DD on the other members of the consortium as well

Might need to do DD on the other members of the consortium as well
Who does DD on the people doing the DD to make sure they are doing their job...the partially sighted continue to lead the blind I fear. Amongst it all professional advisors are doing something...

Its a shame Kimura and the Aussie can't get the deal done between them. And then look to bring others on board. That saves club first and then builds finance. This way around by the time they get dressed there may be nothing to buy....

I guess the problem is between them Kimura and the Aussie don't have the money ot it represents to bigger slice of what they have got.

Tick, tock, tick, tock....

Who does DD on the people doing the DD to make sure they are doing their job...the partially sighted continue to lead the blind I fear. Amongst it all professional advisors are doing something...

Its a shame Kimura and the Aussie can't get the deal done between them. And then look to bring others on board. That saves club first and then builds finance. This way around by the time they get dressed there may be nothing to buy....

I guess the problem is between them Kimura and the Aussie don't have the money ot it represents to bigger slice of what they have got.

Tick, tock, tick, tock....
Carl reader has a poll going on his X Page, asking people if they want to move to Fossetts or stay at the Hall.

I Still think Kimura/7 are involve with Justin in the buy out.

Notice @CRATE has gone radio silent, since he said the Kimura group was talking to Justin.

Carl reader has a poll going on his X Page, asking people if they want to move to Fossetts or stay at the Hall.

I Still thing the Kimura/7 are involve with Justin in the buy out.

Notice @CRATE has gone radio silent, since he said the Kimura group was talking to Justin.
No idea- but if the 7 are still involved then JR makes it the 8…not even an odd number if they can’t agree :-). Not sure this fills me with hope for speedy outcomes…
Purely commercially FF would make us more sustainable than RH (been around those houses many times- Goundhog Day). If FF is off the table then RH can be updated and be made to work if that’s the only viable option.
Emotionally some will want to say at RH, some will only to because they want to see Ron fail (club being secondary consideration). Don’t know how you balance poll for this but if anyone were even thinking of making decisions based on a poll, we should be very, very alarmed :-)

I Still think Kimura/7 are involve with Justin in the buy out.

If they are involved why do the DD again? It can't have changed that much in a month

Assuming and really hoping/praying that SUFC survives, I favour staying at Roots Hall if possible.

Roots Hall has decent transport links, Southend Victoria/Prittlewell are not far away, Southend Central is a relatively easy walk for most but there are buses as well. Not everyone has a car.

For Fossets Farm to work, somebody would have to lay on a bus service on match days, is that a real possibility?

Assuming and really hoping/praying that SUFC survives, I favour staying at Roots Hall if possible.

Roots Hall has decent transport links, Southend Victoria/Prittlewell are not far away, Southend Central is a relatively easy walk for most but there are buses as well. Not everyone has a car.

For Fossets Farm to work, somebody would have to lay on a bus service on match days, is that a real possibility?
It could work, Sale Sharks do it on match days. The stadium is a bit out the way, so they offer shuttle busses to/from the Trafford centre. They get similar sizes crowds to us, if not a bit bigger

It could work, Sale Sharks do it on match days. The stadium is a bit out the way, so they offer shuttle busses to/from the Trafford centre. They get similar sizes crowds to us, if not a bit bigger
Yeah i've been there. Salford Red Devils as well of course as they share the same stadium with Sale Sharks. I think that Manchester City Council helps to organise the buses. Southend council's track record of little to no interest in SUFC would have to change.

Yeah i've been there. Salford Red Devils as well of course as they share the same stadium with Sale Sharks. I think that Manchester City Council helps to organise the buses. Southend council's track record of little to no interest in SUFC would have to change.
What interest are you expecting from SCC? They have been involved in planning and a relationship regarding any new houses being built. Im not sure what you are looking for?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back