• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Sale of Southend United to Justin Rees and his consortium

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quite. If it were just JR plus Kimura, and given the latter have already done all the DD (we are assured) you would imagine with an appropriate sense of urgency it wouldn’t be a problem. How many additional investors does it take to create a handbrake?
Just one i reckon, if it were me investing a lot of money i would want to make sure i agree with the findings of the DD, and would want to know what my say in the running of the club would be. The fact JR is still looking for investors is worrying given the time line

Just one i reckon, if it were me investing a lot of money i would want to make sure i agree with the findings of the DD, and would want to know what my say in the running of the club would be. The fact JR is still looking for investors is worrying given the time line

That’s why he’s gone home.

True but the time he takes it over the debt will have increased further and potentially a further points deduction.

DD is great but the product could be ruined by the time it's done.

OK so RM leaves court with a that's your lot sort it from the Judge. RM previously used offers received to buy time while chasing best deal for him. During this period he has been forced into laying out to satisfy NL to allow us to start season. The 10 point deduction hits the club not his pocket, so he is not really concerned, anyway he thinks, might win an appeal on that one! So decides it's time to grab what's on offer, let's cut a deal with the Aussie chap.
Now despite what some people think this Aussie chap along with a couple of very interested parties do have the financial clout to do a deal, but RM's last day in court has also given the now identified JR more time to attract others to the party, which obviously would lessen the existing Consortium members individual financial exposure.
Now we have a payday due which everyone is sweating on like a pregnant nun and you would hope that our potential new owners do not see any sense in incurring further point deductions and some mechanics are in place to avoid this, only time will tell on that one. I would have thought if RM has to cover this then its coming back his way after the sale. If JR injects funds then surely this commitment would only come from a done if unannounced deal. The next 72 hours could be very defining in more ways than one.

What the f### is the point of having a friendly meeting with a potential buyer?
The Trust? Maybe they asked if there was anything they could do to help him. Or maybe they shared some info that they thought he may not know and would help him. Or maybe it was to get a sense of how serious he was. Better than sitting on their hands.

Actually - I see this as a real positive. If they felt that JR wasn’t serious or the deal with the clown wasn’t a possibility, no matter how hard, then everyone would know.

The Trust? Maybe they asked if there was anything they could do to help him. Or maybe they shared some info that they thought he may not know and would help him. Or maybe it was to get a sense of how serious he was. Better than sitting on their hands.

Actually - I see this as a real positive. If they felt that JR wasn’t serious or the deal with the clown wasn’t a possibility, no matter how hard, then everyone would know.
I take on board what you are saying regarding the positivity of the Trust talking to this guy,
but I'd rather the meeting was about him and his consortium coming to an actual conclusion and settlement for them to take over SUFC and getting rid of Ron!

Aside from a small piece of previous business information garnered via linkedin, can anyone shed any light on how the club we love seemingly rests in the hands of an australian who nowone has ever heard of, and has zero affinity with our club and football?

If he's in it for his slice of rons property millions can he or anyone make it clear please.

It angers me enormously that something so precious to us is essentially a land grab, but im not naive, nowone in sane mind would take on our club as is.

All you in the knows. Whats happening here.

The football community here in Australia is relatively small and incestuous, you’re only ever two or three steps away from one person to someone else in the game. Yet try as I might I can’t find anyone who know of his involvement in the game over here previously.

Which isn’t a pre-requisite of course, doesn’t mean he isn’t serious about Southend United. But you’d think that if he loved the sport enough to buy us he’d have SOME involvement with it in his own country, surely?

I take on board what you are saying regarding the positivity of the Trust talking to this guy,
but I'd rather the meeting was about him and his consortium coming to an actual conclusion and settlement for them to take over SUFC and getting rid of Ron!
How do you know it wasn't? That still makes him a 'potential' buyer (the word you focused on as an issue). He / they will be potential buyers and they are buyers (or until Ron works his charm again and they withdraw their offer).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back