• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Sale of Southend United to Justin Rees and his consortium

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really hope the media team are very creative. Announcing it upside down, getting players and staff involved and ending with Justin Rees being revealed in a kangaroo outfit wrestling a crocodile before being unmasked like he has been on masked singer!

We been a laughing stock for years under Martin, let’s start fresh.

Word of advice for everyone today

Expect nothing.

There are sooo many moving parts and things that could go wrong or just require a bit more attention for a while.

But honestly, for the sake of your well being, expect nothing and never be disappointed

(in regards to anything involving Ron Martin)
That train has well and truly left and far too late now. If it goes tits up we are going to have one hell of a downfall.

Well nothing's happened yet so you clearly don't know what you're talking about.

(Thought I'd get in first before some idiot says that and means it.)

8.30 now. Who are we blaming for this shambles?

• Ratboy ✖
  • Stan ✖
  • Tom ✖
  • The Trust ✖
  • Wolfy ✖
  • The Board ✖
  • The protesters ✖
  • Chris Phillips ✖
  • Jack ✖
  • Let's go with the fax machine ✔

Wolfy - who turned out to be pretty much bang on … it’s the way he said it that was the problem almost enjoyed the bad news … but you can’t fault his info he was spot on

You are right, but just like CP, we have no power in that newspaper. It seems like there's something going on there. Like a Mason thing or a get out of jail free card for donating to a certain cause they strongly support. In my own opinion. CP and other Echo reporters can only put a story out if the Editor or/and bosses give the go ahead. I bet if this were in another city, the local rag would be all over it, slamming the chairman, and doing a deep forensic investigation into his interwoven companies relating to SUFC, what club assets have been swallowed up, and try and work out what his end goal is. They would be the ones outside his house, but asking for a comment on this dodgy thing, or that. Instead they print his carefully worded statements. There are signs that the newspaper is finally pulling away from Martin. They must realise he's sunk too deep.
CP works his butt off, is SUFC through and through and absolutely deserves no stick at all. He is a Sports reporter, assigned to report on the sports events, not on club matters off the pitch, and does a great job.
As a supporter, Chris too has been largely affected by the events at SUFC, and discussed this publicly. You will not meet a more nicer, genuine and more harder working guy.

8.30 now. Who are we blaming for this shambles?

• Ratboy ✖
  • Stan ✖
  • Tom ✖
  • The Trust ✖
  • Wolfy ✖
  • The Board ✖
  • The protesters ✖
  • Chris Phillips ✖
  • Jack ✖
  • Let's go with the fax machine ✔
If only we didn’t pay Oxley so much money, the club could’ve afforded a computer with an internet connection :Sad:

CP works his butt off, is SUFC through and through and absolutely deserves no stick at all. He is a Sports reporter, assigned to report on the sports events, not on club matters off the pitch, and does a great job.
As a supporter, Chris too has been largely affected by the events at SUFC, and discussed this publicly. You will not meet a more nicer, genuine and more harder working guy.
Well said Chris Phillips loves Southend United as much as any supporter here on shrimperzone just like us all the goings on over the last few years have been very upsetting for him so keep reporting Chris. COYB

I don't want to put a damper on things but nothing has been finalised or confirmed, until then I will not open the champagne. It is not just Ron Martin to blame for what has happened it is the state of football in this country as well. Look at Scunthorpe, Sheffield Wednesday, WBA and a lot more. Until sanity reigns and clubs live within their means Southend will not be the last club going through hell. How many clubs went bust before the Premiership came along with the FA's blessing? Fill out Roots Hall tonight, get behind the team and help the players get the three points.

I don't want to put a damper on things but nothing has been finalised or confirmed, until then I will not open the champagne. It is not just Ron Martin to blame for what has happened it is the state of football in this country as well. Look at Scunthorpe, Sheffield Wednesday, WBA and a lot more. Until sanity reigns and clubs live within their means Southend will not be the last club going through hell. How many clubs went bust before the Premiership came along with the FA's blessing? Fill out Roots Hall tonight, get behind the team and help the players get the three points.
But you just have.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back