• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Sale of Southend United to Justin Rees and his consortium

Status
Not open for further replies.
Me too. Whether or not I think I’ll be able to get there for many games.

I’ll get pops, my brother and his kids half seasos too - if the rat is gone, this could be a hell of a great season. Not promotion or anything, clearly, but great crowds, great atmospheres, total unity from boardroom to dressing room to terraces and all points in between. This year could really entrench the love for SUFC in my little neice and nephew!
If not, then I would advise your brother to donate them to Travellers!

No because I will be flying when the game is on!!!! 😂😂😂
Sorry mate - what a bummer! I’ve been in your shoes before. Typical! You get sod all holidays and then when you do, something comes along to make you desperate to be home… especially given your own efforts to help get us here.

Still, being abroad you can watch the match in full. Hopefully that will be a decent alternative so you can get a feel for the atmosphere etc 👍🏻

Seems like @londonshrimper. is hinting that JR & co are looking to complete DD before the court case tomorrow? Obviously as discussed this is complete not start, but intrigued if the goal is to get that all done pre-court or whether some will remain even if things go as best as we can hope?

Hmmm....... I won't hold my breath on any announcement today after all then. But it sounds positive for the future, whether sale or admin.

Not even remotely looking at opening a bottle to celebrate tonight, so much can go wrong still. Those who are getting there hopes up, I really hope you are not let down as well.

Every glimmer of hope we have seems to then lead to absolute catastrophes. Hopefully this changes today.

No mention of the Emerson's debt or the others on the WUP, are they the debts being inherited?

Jack paying Rats share of HMRC sound interesting, something does not sit right with me about that.

What guarantees are there for the £20m and when will the new owners actually see the money? Dependent upon FF development. I just hope the not so honourable Rat is made to pay up sooner rather than later.

my perfect scenario would be an announcement from the club at say 6pm just saying 'be in the ground for 7.30pm' and nothing more.

Then at 7.30pm JR strolls on to the pitch and, with microphone in hand, introduces himself then one by one all the other mysterious consortium members.

He then outlines his intentions, plans etc. A few fireworks go off, massive cheers and applause from the RH faithful, then the players come out ready for the start of the game.

Fair dinkum mate

After Barry pleading with Ron to sell up and leading the way for many more ex players to do the same, i think Martin is the new clown in town for all his dirty antics. And Fry cut me deep man, oh what could have been.
To be honest, I have virtually forgiven him. When you remember just how good that team was and the fun we had all over the Country. I still dream of those boys😳😳🤪😂

my perfect scenario would be an announcement from the club at say 6pm just saying 'be in the ground for 7.30pm' and nothing more.

Then at 7.30pm JR strolls on to the pitch and, with microphone in hand, introduces himself then one by one all the other mysterious consortium members.

He then outlines his intentions, plans etc. A few fireworks go off, massive cheers and applause from the RH faithful, then the players come out ready for the start of the game.

Fair dinkum mate
Coming out to Men At Work, Down Under surely?! 🇦🇺

Fair dinkum mate
A la Delia Smith?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back