• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Sale of Southend United to Justin Rees and his consortium

Status
Not open for further replies.
All the signs are positive.

I'm sure that if the deal is done and JS and his consortium are new owners, that they will want to let the fans know.

They will also need all the revenue that the fans can muster. I really hope when this takeover goes through that there is a huge surge is support for the club and our magnificent management team and players.

All the signs are positive.

I'm sure that if the deal is done and JS and his consortium are new owners, that they will want to let the fans know.

They will also need all the revenue that the fans can muster. I really hope when this takeover goes through that there is a huge surge is support for the club and our magnificent management team and players.
The midseason season tickets will be sold, that's for sure

I'll be getting mine if done

I don't want to put a damper on things but nothing has been finalised or confirmed, until then I will not open the champagne. It is not just Ron Martin to blame for what has happened it is the state of football in this country as well. Look at Scunthorpe, Sheffield Wednesday, WBA and a lot more. Until sanity reigns and clubs live within their means Southend will not be the last club going through hell. How many clubs went bust before the Premiership came along with the FA's blessing? Fill out Roots Hall tonight, get behind the team and help the players get the three points.
Unfortunately everything is focussed around what is good for the Premiership. The gap to the rest is so huge now Championship clubs near bankrupt themselves trying to get there. L1 clubs who get to the Championship near bankrupt themselves to stay there.

If this goes ahead, and if FF happens and we get that £20m rumoured (btw who on earth would want FF not to succeed?- I will get far more happiness watching him hand back £20m than I would the club being screwed one more time..) then RH will become a stadium that can sustain us into the future. If combined with the current approach of the football dept we will be well placed to succeed where others fail.

Meanwhile regarding football governance and finances talk is cheap I'm afraid. I suspect it will probably end up as something else that was no more than a good idea. I hope I'm wrong.

Unfortunately everything is focussed around what is good for the Premiership. The gap to the rest is so huge now Championship clubs near bankrupt themselves trying to get there. L1 clubs who get to the Championship near bankrupt themselves to stay there.

If this goes ahead, and if FF happens and we get that £20m rumoured (btw who on earth would want FF not to succeed?- I will get far more happiness watching him hand back £20m than I would the club being screwed one more time..) then RH will become a stadium that can sustain us into the future. If combined with the current approach of the football dept we will be well placed to succeed where others fail.

Meanwhile regarding football governance and finances talk is cheap I'm afraid. I suspect it will probably end up as something else that was no more than a good idea. I hope I'm wrong.

I think in this whole saga. This is the thing that pleases me most.

The old girl has been shamefully left to decay. The fact they want to stay is music to my ears. Roots hall is our home and hopefully now, it will be for a very long time.

It's tricky to improve but not insurmountable.

Ok boys and girls leys put our cards on the table .Is this going to happen today yes or no .And are we still in court today or has it been sorted .

See normally the view I have below would be a welcome one out here in Malaga, however my flight is not till 9pm so I won’t be able to make the game 😩😩

View attachment 29167
Sorry mate - what a bummer! I’ve been in your shoes before. Typical! You get sod all holidays and then when you do, something comes along to make you desperate to be home… especially given your own efforts to help get us here.

Still, being abroad you can watch the match in full. Hopefully that will be a decent alternative so you can get a feel for the atmosphere etc 👍🏻

The midseason season tickets will be sold, that's for sure

I'll be getting mine if done
Me too. Whether or not I think I’ll be able to get there for many games.

I’ll get pops, my brother and his kids half seasos too - if the rat is gone, this could be a hell of a great season. Not promotion or anything, clearly, but great crowds, great atmospheres, total unity from boardroom to dressing room to terraces and all points in between. This year could really entrench the love for SUFC in my little neice and nephew!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back