• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Sale of Southend United to Justin Rees and his consortium

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hoping we get some good news today
The way I've heard it is that it's very much a case of getting the ducks in a row in regards to creditors the early part of this week, agreeing HOT's before weds and paying the HMRC debt. Then after Is when I think we'll hear an announcement IF the creditors are satisfied with new repayment terms.

Logically the people on the WUP would surely want a payment plan sorted rather than get naff all from us in administration. Right?
Also the fact it's not Ron and an actual grown up helps?
Having been one of the creditors more than once, of course (with the exception of HMRC) you are right. I think this is behind one or two of the public statements as well i.e. sale won't be complete by 4th and administration whilst not preferred is the alternative.

From a creditor's point of view, if you believe the above, and you believe the takeover will likely happen and the new owners will be able to fund the club going forward, you agree a payment plan to receive 100% of the debt. Its the best option by far.

The issue is, unlike a CVA where if you agree with 75% of creditors, you have agreement with all, here its creditor by creditor and there is always the risk of a creditor or two demanding their money on the day thinking they can get it all now. In theory, therefore, you can have a smaller creditor screwing over everyone else, potentially including themselves. So there will be very little said as the club work their way through what is no doubt a pretty tortuous process, whilst no doubt incorporating an element of contingency planning.

The nPower piece tomorrow is very important as they are one of the (if not the) major creditor(s). If agreement is reached with them its a good sign. Probably the significant majority of the debt is with only 4-5 creditors.

Last edited:
Having been one of the creditors more than once, of course (with the exception of HMRC) you are right. I think this is behind one or two of the public statements as well i.e. sale won't be complete by 4th and administration whilst not preferred is the alternative.

From a creditor's point of view, if you believe the above, and you believe the takeover will likely happen and the new owners will be able to fund the club going forward, you agree a payment plan to receive 100% of the debt. Its the best option by far.

The issue is, unlike a CVA where if you agree with 75% of creditors, you have agreement with all, here its creditor by creditor and there is always the risk of a creditor or two demanding their money on the day thinking they can get it all now. In theory, therefore, you can have a smaller creditor screwing over everyone else potentially including themselves. So there will be very little said as the club work there way through what is no doubt a pretty tortuous process, whilst no doubt incorporating an element of contingency planning.

The nPower piece tomorrow is very important as they are one of the (if not the) major creditor. If agreement is reached with them its a good sign. Probably the significant majority of the debt is with only 4-5 creditors.
It used to be a simple statement HMRC wouldn’t agree to any proposals when it came to a CVA.

Its actually quite distressing when you see a statement of affairs a it sinks in how many little people area screwed over in any for of liquidation but also just how much the fees paid to an Insolvency Practitioner is.

You are indeed correct the n power situation will reveal quite a lot .

As of today of course their debt is still outside of the WUP and in truth none of this thought that we would be concerned about n power at the time of the August hearing.

For me the worry is still HMRC they are going to have to be paid the balance of their claim and hope that others that are now attached to the WUP can be placated but just as important no other creditors have agreed with HMRC to join the petition

Administration and another points deduction isn't great but the survival of the club is more important
This is where I am. It's also a route fraught with peril, in that it needs quite a few cogs to line up for us to come out the other side. If that can happen though, then it gives a fresh start with the club intact, so I would begrudgingly take it.

Sufc v npower is still on listing at Chelmsford tomorrow for court 2 at 10am, time is irrelevant as many trials will be listed for sametime

Administration and another points deduction isn't great but the survival of the club is more important
Please don’t fall into the trap of thinking it’s a given that Administration guarantees the club’s survival

Yes it might buy a little more time initially as little as 11 days but very quickly after that any Administrator would be significantly challenged to generate enough cash to carry on trading and that’s before the issues re satisfying football and other creditors to the satisfaction of the NL

Please don’t fall into the trap of thinking it’s a given that Administration guarantees the club’s survival

Yes it might buy a little more time initially as little as 11 days but very quickly after that any Administrator would be significantly challenged to generate enough cash to carry on trading and that’s before the issues re satisfying football and other creditors to the satisfaction of the NL
Exactly. The saving grace would be that I assume JR will be offering to buy the club out of Administration. If that can happen quickly then perhaps will be ok.

Sufc v npower is still on listing at Chelmsford tomorrow for court 2 at 10am, time is irrelevant as many trials will be listed for sametime
That list was automatically generated last pm at 9.46pm. I don’t know if it’s updated during the day but if it’s still on there at 8.00am tomorrow then it’s not been dealt with

Exactly. The saving grace would be that I assume JR will be offering to buy the club out of Administration. If that can happen quickly then perhaps will be ok.
Yet another major issue is the Administrator will have to look at proceeds of sale and if the £1 for 76% of the shares is what the market suggests at what point would that have to be upped to a point that its viewed as beneficial to creditors.

Would say all the old kits held and players sold raise more than JR is offering for the club in its entirety? Yes the EFL window is closed but only for another 12 or so weeks and if say another NL club offered a 12 week loan deal paying all wages then that would present a dilemma

The Administration has to fund the running of the business from cash generated during continued trading and if that isn’t achievable then in a blink of an eye staff will be made redundant and if any cash can be raised the Administrator is legally obliged to sell.

That list was automatically generated last pm at 9.46pm. I don’t know if it’s updated during the day but if it’s still on there at 8.00am tomorrow then it’s not been dealt with
Is it not like previous High Court hearings, in that the case goes ahead but is dismissed if the bill has been paid or some agreement in place?

Surely it will b dismissed at court today if it has been dismissed ?🙂

Yet another major issue is the Administrator will have to look at proceeds of sale and if the £1 for 76% of the shares is what the market suggests at what point would that have to be upped to a point that its viewed as beneficial to creditors.

Would say all the old kits held and players sold raise more than JR is offering for the club in its entirety? Yes the EFL window is closed but only for another 12 or so weeks and if say another NL club offered a 12 week loan deal paying all wages then that would present a dilemma

The Administration has to fund the running of the business from cash generated during continued trading and if that isn’t achievable then in a blink of an eye staff will be made redundant and if any cash can be raised the Administrator is legally obliged to sell.
If we go into admin could we see players sold to raise funds?

Would the NL finally let us use youth players in that scenario?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back