• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Sale of Southend United to Justin Rees and his consortium

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it not like previous High Court hearings, in that the case goes ahead but is dismissed if the bill has been paid or some agreement in place?
Have had limited dealings with Magistrates Courts but I believe any withdrawn case is deleted from the list

In the High Court HRMC are petitioning in the magistrates NPower are asking the court to grant a warrant

Like everything to do with our prick of an owner it will go down to the very last minute, relying on creditors to be open to a payment plan which due to two facts which are another person being involved (JR) as well as the probability of getting 100% of their dough back instead of a percentage.

I don't think the HMRC would be so open to such as plan given the rat's previous with them but let's see what occurs Wednesday.

If we go into admin could we see players sold to raise funds?

Would the NL finally let us use youth players in that scenario?
Yes to the players potentially being sold, sent out on loan or even made redundant If the club does indeed enter administration

Administration would almost certainly mean an embargo remaining in place so the 16 player maximum will still apply.

As things stand there was nothing to stop SUFC registering youth players if the league grant permission to bring in players to get back up to that 16 number .

The difference would almost certainly be that if say a youth player is at the club and they are cheaper than bringing in an experienced player then youth players would get registered.

The problem is it is possible that if any youth players are costing money then they would be let go on entering administration

Like everything to do with our prick of an owner it will go down to the very last minute, relying on creditors to be open to a payment plan which due to two facts which are another person being involved (JR) as well as the probability of getting 100% of their dough back instead of a percentage.

I don't think the HMRC would be so open to such as plan given the rat's previous with them but let's see what occurs Wednesday.
Happy birthday fella

Have had limited dealings with Magistrates Courts but I believe any withdrawn case is deleted from the list

In the High Court HRMC are petitioning in the magistrates NPower are asking the court to grant a warrant

Could npower still decide they want a warrant to enter premises - presumably if they get a warrant they don't have to use it, but in the event of a problem with their payment plan/sale of club then they'd have all they need to cut off the leccy and stop the debt increasing

Could npower still decide they want a warrant to enter premises - presumably if they get a warrant they don't have to use it, but in the event of a problem with their payment plan/sale of club then they'd have all they need to cut off the leccy and stop the debt increasing
I doubt they would be able play it that way. I would imagine that who ever appears for an energy provider will have to declate the debt is enforceable which would not be the case if a TTP had been agreed

Last edited:
Oh bloody hell. Another 6 weeks of purgatory and embargo?? I think we’ll all go potty by then
If there is, then it won't be because of npower. They agreed to come off the WUP when Ratty McRatface agreed a payment plan with them several months ago. Obviously that payment plan has been reneged on, hence the request for court permission to gain entry and switch off the supply, but AFAIK they have not rejoined the WUP. So kicking the can down the road for 6 weeks with them shouldn't impact whether or not the club remains under a WUP and embargo.

Last edited:
He said resolved yesterday!😩
If anything this entire gruesome saga has proved that despite anyones best intentions you cant believe ANYTHING you read. I think most of use are pretty sick of reading such bold wallop statements that came to nothing.

Symptom of a maniacal greedy narcissist in charge.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back