• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Sale of Southend United to Justin Rees and his consortium

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope Tuesday is resolved, same for Wednesday, but how is the big question.

Payment up front is improbable as that would mean RM finding a substantial sum of money.

Agreement of a payment plan perhaps, but that would mean the club is closer to a takeover?

The third option that comes to mind, administration stopping any legal action... I really hope not.

For the first time in a while regarding SUFC I feel a bit sick heading into the coming week. What will it be? A horrible mixture of hope, fear, anticipation and a degree of resignation as our fate is out of our control.

Every bit of passion and effort shown by the fans in our campaign to save the club has led us to this week. I wouldn't wish how I'm feeling tonight on anyone, I'm sure some of you lot feel the same.
I wish we had the answers mate. We are all in this together but few have the answers. But whilst we have hope then we have hope

To quote Lenny Kravitz ‘it ain't over 'til it's over’. Whilst everything seems promising we’re not there yet.

Let’s not get giddy and wait to see what next week brings. Hopefully we’ll be partying like it’s 1999.

Well we actually do… if the court date Tuesday is off (I trust Kerry’s word) then it means that new repayment terms have been agreed and that won’t have been with a certain failed property developer.
There are other creditors. Npower are one of several that were on previous petitions.

Yes but the case on Tuesday was exclusively for NPower which is what I thought we were discussing.
In my original post I referred to both Tuesday and Wednesday, sorry if it was unclear.

Good to see Tuesday's resolved but it still doesn't give us any reassurance that Wednesday will be smooth sailing.

Anyone know if progress has been made regarding other creditors?

Logically the people on the WUP would surely want a payment plan sorted rather than get naff all from us in administration. Right?
Also the fact it's not Ron and an actual grown up helps?
HMRC almost certainly won’t want a payment plan that ship has probably long since sailed.

If a NewCo is formed , which would be the process should Administration happen, as I keep pointing out there would have to be a guaranteed payment plan agreed with creditors to settle x % of the current liabilities over 24-36 months . If one cant be agreed then relegation to NLS/ N would be the minimum punishment and quite likely the NL would refuse to accept the NewCo

Creditors like HMRC almost certainly will have had enough of the continual default so won’t be at all upset( that’s the reality) if SUFC Ltd in its current guise is wound up . Other creditors like NPower will want to protect future revenue and based on past track record will know that debt is probably going to grow quicker than past liabilities can be cleared.

If a payment plan is agreed then SUFC Is almost certainly going to be spending more than it earns thats something that any Administrator will be faced with when he considers creditors

We need to wait and see what the position is re Chelmsford

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back