• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Sale of Southend United to Justin Rees and his consortium

Status
Not open for further replies.
.I have read that martin may not attened court due to the tube strike .What i say is if he can afford to ride around in a Bentley .Then he can get to london and pay for a taxi to get to court .
He got to the Emirate stadium last Sunday, & i very much doubt he drove his ( leased? ) Bentley there?.
Possibly drove to junior Rat Jack's home in nearby Camden, & travelled from there. He can do that again next Weds.

Anyone going to Chelmsford or london? Wonder if Justin Rees will be there as well. He could turn up to prove he’s buying the club and provide proof.🤷🏻‍♂️
I see Lord Football (Kerry fairness) has tweeted saying court on Tuesday is no more, the issue has been resolved. If true that’s massive news and gives me confidence things are moving in the right direction

I hope Tuesday is resolved, same for Wednesday, but how is the big question.

Payment up front is improbable as that would mean RM finding a substantial sum of money.

Agreement of a payment plan perhaps, but that would mean the club is closer to a takeover?

The third option that comes to mind, administration stopping any legal action... I really hope not.

For the first time in a while regarding SUFC I feel a bit sick heading into the coming week. What will it be? A horrible mixture of hope, fear, anticipation and a degree of resignation as our fate is out of our control.

Every bit of passion and effort shown by the fans in our campaign to save the club has led us to this week. I wouldn't wish how I'm feeling tonight on anyone, I'm sure some of you lot feel the same.

I hope Tuesday is resolved, same for Wednesday, but how is the big question.

Payment up front is improbable as that would mean RM finding a substantial sum of money.

Agreement of a payment plan perhaps, but that would mean the club is closer to a takeover?

The third option that comes to mind, administration stopping any legal action... I really hope not.

For the first time in a while regarding SUFC I feel a bit sick heading into the coming week. What will it be? A horrible mixture of hope, fear, anticipation and a degree of resignation as our fate is out of our control.

Every bit of passion and effort shown by the fans in our campaign to save the club has led us to this week. I wouldn't wish how I'm feeling tonight on anyone, I'm sure some of you lot feel the same.
Hasn’t it been reported Justin Rees is putting half the money in via escrow and Jack Martin is covering Ron’s half?

Hasn’t it been reported Justin Rees is putting half the money in via escrow and Jack Martin is covering Ron’s half?
Allegedly that's what will happen, but we still have the question of administration looming while we don't know what's happening with other creditors.

If Kerry is correct and Tuesday is resolved, my question is how?

If Npower have agreed a payment plan that will mean the court case on Tuesday is not necessary. However, even if HMRC and Npower are sorted, there are others that need to be satisfied if we are to avoid a very bad week.
As stated Friday we need the creditors on the WUP to agree payment deals

If Npower have agreed a payment plan that will mean the court case on Tuesday is not necessary. However, even if HMRC and Npower are sorted, there are others that need to be satisfied if we are to avoid a very bad week.
This is exactly my concern. I don't want to hit the panic button on here but we've got major hoops to jump through for this week to be remotely pleasant.

Sorry to be on a downer everyone but it's really hitting home tonight how this situation is sitting on a knife edge.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back