• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Sale of Southend United to Justin Rees and his consortium

Status
Not open for further replies.
To expand on this.
The other creditors on the WUP need to do new ownership a bit of a solid here. J.R and rat going halves on HMRC so that's sorted.

It's not even the existing creditors on the WUP that's the main concern, it's getting everything sorted so that others don't jump on the bandwagon at the last minute.

Right here's the score
Deal done for club etc. New owner going halves with rat on HMRC.
However there are other creditors on the winding up petition.
We are completely reliant on those other creditors doing a repayment deal with us and coming off the petition. IF THIS DOESNT HAPPEN WE WILL GO INTO ADMINISTRATION.
Police may cancel Tuesday game.
Why would the police get called the day be for Wednesday????

Right here's the score
We are completely reliant on those other creditors doing a repayment deal with us and coming off the petition. IF THIS DOESNT HAPPEN WE WILL GO INTO ADMINISTRATION.
Thanks for the update.

Right here's the score
If I understand correctly would it not be in the interests of the other creditors to sort out a repayment plan rather than risk getting nothing if we go into admin.?

Right here's the score
So why can't they pay the creditors off straight away? I understand that means committing to payment straight away, I am also not sure of the debt amounts to the other creditors but surely it's not as much as the HMRC debt?

So why can't they pay the creditors off straight away? I understand that means committing to payment straight away, I am also not sure of the debt amounts to the other creditors but surely it's not as much as the HMRC debt?
Because its a ton of money...solicitors and electrical contractors I believe...over a million combined

Right here's the score
I've had some interactions with Justin this morning and this is exactly what I have understood. Administration is a possibility but all parties are doing everything to try and avoid this. However, I am extremely positive that this takeover will be concluded. My first impressions of the guy is that he is what I had hoped he would be. Quite straight, honest and engaging, and as a bonus, he has a great sense of humour - then again, he would need that if he's purchasing our club!! Hopefully we'll avoid Administration, nevertheless, feeling positive about our future under his leadership.

Very good question!!!! If they have the capital available then it's a no brainer to avoid admin if they want the best for club.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back