• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Sale of Southend United to Justin Rees and his consortium

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think you can change would to will be trouble
Trouble with who? Ron won’t be there and a fight is hardly going to break out with the 15 Oxford City fans.

There will probably be a pitch invasion if things go wrong, but i’m not sure that constitutes trouble ,certainly not enough to call the game off in advance.

If things go wrong, the real trouble is far more likely to be at Benfleet Road, not Roots Hall.

Trouble with who? Ron won’t be there and a fight is hardly going to break out with the 15 Oxford City fans.

There will probably be a pitch invasion if things go wrong, but i’m not sure that constitutes trouble ,certainly not enough to call the game off in advance.

If things go wrong, the real trouble is far more likely to be at Benfleet Road, not Roots Hall.
Agreed, makes no sense to me.

The game could be called off if there was a danger that the power would be cut off, plunging the whole area into darkness.

I can't see the police calling the game off on Tuesday evening because we've been put into administration or, more likely, we don't know what's going to happen on Wednesday.

So why can't they pay the creditors off straight away? I understand that means committing to payment straight away, I am also not sure of the debt amounts to the other creditors but surely it's not as much as the HMRC debt?
If they pay the petitioning creditors in full then the, probably hundreds, of other creditors not part of the WUP may dig their heels in when the new regime takes over and also will want full payment rather than partial payment or instalments. I hate to think of how many people the club owes money to.

In case anyone is missing a chairman making batsh!t statements on a clubs web page.. Sheff Wed are at it now https://www.swfc.co.uk/news/2023/september/dejphon-chansiri-club-statement_/

I bet he ****ing loves the club as well..

Has football ever had so many bad owners??
* Southend
* Scunny
* Reading
* Morecambe?
* Sheff Wed
* Everton

thats before you get into the Oil states, Russions, etc
Don't get me wrong, the odd bad owner in football isn't uncommon, but the amount of actively bad owners there are in the game at the moment is unfathomable.

The government needs to step in ASAP and stop delaying.

Don't get me wrong, the odd bad owner in football isn't uncommon, but the amount of actively bad owners there are in the game at the moment is unfathomable.

The government needs to step in ASAP and stop delaying.
Clubs are starting to feel the cost of Covid now. It was kicked down the road for a while but it is biting now for many, including us. Most of our debts are historic, dating back to that time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back