• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Sale of Southend United to Justin Rees and his consortium

Status
Not open for further replies.
A deal is closer than it’s ever been at any stage since RM put us up for sale in March….

However, with RM involved you can’t count your chickens just yet.

Let’s just concentrate on Rochdale and the protest this weekend, next week is a new week when things will really come to a head with two court cases…
To be fair, you have to admire Ron. Only he can screw things up so badly and destroy the hope of everyone at the last minute. The only thing predictable about him is that he's completely unpredictable.

The things we’ve had to discuss as a group of football fans for the last few years really show what awful stewardship the club has had for a long, long time. I can’t wait til we can get back to arguing about formations and which player contracts should be renewed. The amount of non-football chat on this forum is incredible. Necessary obviously but it is ridiculous what we’ve been put through by one man. I genuinely think it should be illegal to put so many people through such mental anguish.

You say that but things are much further ahead that I think you are thinking.
Things are ticking along very nicely for sure, but a “completion” is still a little way off I believe.

However, the threat of admin is very real whilst huge sums are still owed to various creditors. JR even touched on this is his statement. Fingers crossed by Monday/Tuesday things will become clearer and further progress will have been made in that regard. Hopefully then, some form of announcement will be made.

It’s headed the right way, but we must not become complacent as a fanbase. Pressure must still be maintained until the ink is dry. We need to remember who the interested parties are dealing with here…we have a champion at snatching defeat from the jaws of victory in play.

Things are very much further ahead than they've ever been.

They are also teetering on a cliff edge.

Nervous few days I think, but I'll carry on banging the drum I've been banging for a month or so now: don't rule out administration.
I expected nothing else when it comes to any dealings with that piece of **** and neither should anyone else.

I’m still sceptical that we will come out of this with a clean bill of health prior to our cort case . I would still think that administration is a distinct possibility .. due to Ron’s game playing and leaving anything until the 11th hour .. I’d be surprised if we hear anything this side of Monday … I could be completely wrong ? Just my guess …. I’m not sure this is the correct message thread but if we do get though things and that’s a huge if…. Should we consider moving our hardship funds across to other clubs like Scunthorpe who are also in a terrible position ? The support from Lower league clubs towards us puts the top flight to shame … but what a way of helping others if that’s achievable ?

I would assume and hope that the lead on any announcement would be from the new owners. I really haven’t got the stomach for Ron dressing up any deal as ‘him’ saving the club! I simply want to forget about what has gone before and move on and support the team and the new owners 👍. It would be an amazing feeling to know that Ron no longer has any say
Maybe on this occasions press passes can be provided to ‘others ‘ who can ask him some very hard hitting final questions ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back