• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Sale of Southend United to Justin Rees and his consortium

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because its a ton of money...solicitors and electrical contractors I believe...over a million combined
So the new owner(s) isn't putting in significant sums to start? Just inheriting debt which it looks to maintain and/or payoff over time?

maybe he doesn't want to use all the money being injected on debt on Day 1. Could be used to improve the club, and pay the debt in a timely fashion as per a payment agreement

Seems so far putting in less than half a million? £3 for the shares of SUFC, RH and FF training ground and half of the HMRC debt (was 250kish??). They'll be assuming significant liabilities, but this will all be company debt rather than personally liable.

Hopefully any statement will be more forthcoming with some details

Definitely significant sum.
Gonna need to hand a million to Tom Lawrence just to sort the playing side out for the season.
As far as I'm aware He's not an oligarch.
Payment plan on debts makes sense
Of course need to fund the ongoing losses of circa 1m per year until cuts can be made and/or revenues raised.

It seems things have moved alot from needing something in the region of 10m upfront for the lot to maybe a few hundred k. I get noone was interested at the 10m level but still, that's some shift on what appears to be the price.

The debt that RH and the training ground comes with - is that to Ron companies or independent third parties?

NB - hope posts don't come across as negative - just curious

So why can't they pay the creditors off straight away? I understand that means committing to payment straight away, I am also not sure of the debt amounts to the other creditors but surely it's not as much as the HMRC debt?
The HMRC debt (on the petition anyway) is tiny compared to the combined debt due to the other creditors.

The sale needs to go through to avoid admin. This is because the creditors are far more likely to sit down and discuss a payment plan with JR than they are with RM who has broken numerous time to pay agreements and payment plans. Expecting something later today to confirm the position for each scenario.

It'll be known which way this will fall by Tuesday....police fear if its going wrong there could be trouble
So cancel the game and potentially have circa 4000 people descend on rat mansions ? I would have thought they would have wanted any potential trouble contained
In 1 place

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back