• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Sale of Southend United to Justin Rees and his consortium

Status
Not open for further replies.
The best form of revenge against Ron will be the club flying and succeeding without him.

However in the future if he fails to fulfil any part of a deal he enters, I'd like to think fans will take action one way or another via local government.
This. If the sale hopefully goes through we need to focus our energy on healing the club, not more protests against Ron in the short term,

We all hope this is finally coming to an end .I will say yes we had good times under Ron. But over the last 5 years he has got things badly wrong .He has now got to go and have fresh blood to hopefully push our club forward Not this season but get the club to safety. And push on next season
Hopefully it’s nearly over and he will go ,and the the mighty blues go up as champions next season

This. If the sale hopefully goes through we need to focus our energy on healing the club, not more protests against Ron in the short term,
I actually hate protesting, it's emotionally draining after a while. I don't know how some of the lads have done it day in day out, props to them.

Although the march on Saturday before Fylde was great, it definitely took a lot out of the fans and left RH a much flatter atmosphere. Fylde took full advantage.

It's been necessary to get Ron moving but if he's really going to go I'll quite happily pack it in. To focus on the football and returning to where we belong would be an absolute dream.

Agree, As long as the club is in safe hands going forward, Ron can do whatever he likes. I wont be harbouring any lasting hatred towards him. Life is too short,will be focusing all my energies on supporting the team.
UTB
Yup. Agree. If Ron sells the club I hope he makes success of FF so he can pay the money for roots hall development. That’s the main thing

Everything else. It’s like being divorced. You maybe hate each other at the start and the most mature move on.

Would guess when or if good news is coming ron will call a press conference as he did when he said he was selling the club
I would assume and hope that the lead on any announcement would be from the new owners. I really haven’t got the stomach for Ron dressing up any deal as ‘him’ saving the club! I simply want to forget about what has gone before and move on and support the team and the new owners 👍. It would be an amazing feeling to know that Ron no longer has any say

I would assume and hope that the lead on any announcement would be from the new owners. I really haven’t got the stomach for Ron dressing up any deal as ‘him’ saving the club! I simply want to forget about what has gone before and move on and support the team and the new owners 👍. It would be an amazing feeling to know that Ron no longer has any say
I get your point but i fear chairman Ron will be involved until the end sitting behind his desk with the sunlight shining through his wavy locks and of course telling everyone how he saved the club and how he will miss Southend United 🙁

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back