• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Sale of Southend United to Justin Rees and his consortium

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are two major housing developments where I live in Lincolnshire where the construction of a new primary school, medical centre and recreational facilities were included in the planning consents. In one case the building of houses is pretty much finished but no sign of the other facilities in revised plans for the rest of the development. In the other, more than 150 houses, a convenience store and a big care home have already been built and sold and foundations sunk for as many more houses but no sign of the new school, medical centre or recreational facilities. Unless there is a clause in the planning consent for FF that says the stadium must be built before the houses, Ron could build and sell all the houses and then claim lack of cash or need for the stadium. The City Council is not going to order the built and sold houses to be demolished in that scenario. Ron then puts in a revised planning application for houses on the land earmarked for the stadium which, in those circumstances, is likely to be approved. Property developers use this kind of stunt all over the country.
There was actually a case in Greenwich the other day where the council put its foot down and ordered the developer to tear down a completed project, even though people had already moved in. I think this might be the first time it's ever happened but it could give other councils precedent to push back harder on dodgy developers like Ron than they have in the past:

There are two major housing developments where I live in Lincolnshire where the construction of a new primary school, medical centre and recreational facilities were included in the planning consents. In one case the building of houses is pretty much finished but no sign of the other facilities in revised plans for the rest of the development. In the other, more than 150 houses, a convenience store and a big care home have already been built and sold and foundations sunk for as many more houses but no sign of the new school, medical centre or recreational facilities. Unless there is a clause in the planning consent for FF that says the stadium must be built before the houses, Ron could build and sell all the houses and then claim lack of cash or need for the stadium. The City Council is not going to order the built and sold houses to be demolished in that scenario. Ron then puts in a revised planning application for houses on the land earmarked for the stadium which, in those circumstances, is likely to be approved. Property developers use this kind of stunt all over the country.
That’s the whole point, the planning is phased , the stadium, or a stadium with a capacity of 13564 ( or something similar , I can’t recall the figure) has to be built first.
That’s why he could ‘ get away’ with a three sided stadium on day one

All the euphoria of the takeover, and the return of many supporters, could be dashed if Jack Martin is named as one of the consortium!!
Surely not but I wouldn’t put it past the Rat as being one of the conditions!!
Please God no!!!

That’s the whole point, the planning is phased , the stadium, or a stadium with a capacity of 13564 ( or something similar , I can’t recall the figure) has to be built first.
That’s why he could ‘ get away’ with a three sided stadium on day one
I was unaware of that requirement because, living where I do, I have not examined the FF planning application or permission.(I did say "unless" there was such a clause in the planning permission in my post.) In which case Southend City Council are more savvy to the wiles of devious property developers than my District Council up here in Lincolnshire.

but the Trust, Anna Firth, Tom Lawrence, Kev, Daz, Benno and all the players have so that’s good enough for me

Rees wouldn’t share his proposals with the trust… (confirmed from the Trust statement regarding Roots Hall last week…)

I agree that that list is credible though.

If JR and his crew don't have enough coin to start the RH redevelopment without Ron's £20m, it will be a disaster.

No way will 500 houses be approved as quickly as us fans would like. There will be plenty of NIMBYS in full voice to make sure it doesn't happen. Can't see any building at FF for 3-5 years after it goes to government level and disputes over roads and community projects are sorted

We will go from anyone but Ron to somebody with Ron........Not sure we have any other choice at this stage but how long will fans be prepared to wait?

If JR and his crew don't have enough coin to start the RH redevelopment without Ron's £20m, it will be a disaster.

No way will 500 houses be approved as quickly as us fans would like. There will be plenty of NIMBYS in full voice to make sure it doesn't happen. Can't see any building at FF for 3-5 years after it goes to government level and disputes over roads and community projects are sorted

We will go from anyone but Ron to somebody with Ron........Not sure we have any other choice at this stage but how long will fans be prepared to wait?
It’s not coz they don’t have enough cash. It’s coz they feel Ron should pay for some of it coz of the state he has let it get into ..

I’m led to believe they will have funding in place to inject to almost instantly improve the the playing squad and facilities at RH. They would then look to improve the incomes streams on match days. They won’t be reliant on the additional housing at FF they just believe that is RM’s legacy duty to fulfil that obligation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back