• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Sale of Southend United to Justin Rees and his consortium

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m led to believe they will have funding in place to inject to almost instantly improve the the playing squad and facilities at RH. They would then look to improve the incomes streams on match days. They won’t be reliant on the additional housing at FF they just believe that is RM’s legacy duty to fulfil that obligation.
One thing they should immediately do is sell part-season tickets for the 16 home games or whatever it is left of the season. So many people either would have bought a season ticket but didn’t as they weren’t convinced we’d last the season, or are on a more long-term boycott due to Ron. I reckon they would shift maybe 1,500-2,000 part season tickets? That’s a fair bit of wedge to back Kev/Darren/Benno for some new signings from the outset.

I’m led to believe they will have funding in place to inject to almost instantly improve the the playing squad and facilities at RH. They would then look to improve the incomes streams on match days. They won’t be reliant on the additional housing at FF they just believe that is RM’s legacy duty to fulfil that obligation.

Yes I'm sure they have the funding for players and beer tent etc. Otherwise we are the next Scunthorpe.

As the club can't even sell all the seats in the directors box for safety reasons and you can't move in the Far Post. Increased revenue in match days will be very limited in the grand scheme of things.

More fans through the door will help, if the stay aways back up what they claim. Yet real increase can surely only happen when a new main, seven days a week, stand is built?

If JR and his crew don't have enough coin to start the RH redevelopment without Ron's £20m, it will be a disaster.

No way will 500 houses be approved as quickly as us fans would like. There will be plenty of NIMBYS in full voice to make sure it doesn't happen. Can't see any building at FF for 3-5 years after it goes to government level and disputes over roads and community projects are sorted

We will go from anyone but Ron to somebody with Ron........Not sure we have any other choice at this stage but how long will fans be prepared to wait?
Well they are allegedly paying £1 for RH not £4.5m, and £1 for the training ground not £1.5m (or was it more). So if that doesn’t leave headroom to at least keep it RH in operation until the major refurb/rebuild then they must indeed be pretty potless….if there are say five of them then the debts are £500k each and the losses initially £250k each per annum. We aren’t talking Bill Gates…

But yes 3 years might be the timescale. But the way it was going 30 years was unlikely…

One possibility to speed it up could be to amend the existing proposal so the stadium is not required, and start building all the residential. Meanwhile put in an additional planning application for residential to replace the stadium.

The initial planning would involve community projects et al as per the original proposal and far less traffic.

But yes I’m sure we’ll find something to moan about especially if it’s not all instant..

Well they are allegedly paying £1 for RH not £4.5m, and £1 for the training ground not £1.5m (or was it more). So if that doesn’t leave headroom to at least keep it RH in operation until the major refurb/rebuild then they must indeed be pretty potless….if there are say five of them then the debts are £500k each and the losses initially £250k each per annum. We aren’t talking Bill Gates…

But yes 3 years might be the timescale. But the way it was going 30 years was unlikely…

One possibility to speed it up could be to amend the existing proposal so the stadium is not required, and start building all the residential. Meanwhile put in an additional planning application for residential to replace the stadium.

The initial planning would involve community projects et al as per the original proposal and far less traffic.

But yes I’m sure we’ll find something to moan about especially if it’s not all instant..

The traffic management changes from once every two weeks to seven days week. So there will still be a bun fight. Over 1000 houses can be built already so major works will be needed.

One thing they should immediately do is sell part-season tickets for the 16 home games or whatever it is left of the season. So many people either would have bought a season ticket but didn’t as they weren’t convinced we’d last the season, or are on a more long-term boycott due to Ron. I reckon they would shift maybe 1,500-2,000 part season tickets? That’s a fair bit of wedge to back Kev/Darren/Benno for some new signings from the outset.
Spot on

Smart. Well played!

I disagree.

The council has been supportive of new housing, particularly as they stand to inherit a good chunk for their own purpose.

The housing situation, particularly social housing in Southend is dire.

If Ron were to add another 400+ properties where fossetts were to built and give SCC a chunk of them alongside the existing agreement, then they would be mad to refuse.

It's not often that councils get a chance to get their hands on properties to obtain rent.

It's a win, win all round and I'm sure the council would have been sounded out to gauge opinion.

With the seaway development in ruins, the Queensway development looking like a non starter, this is big opportunity.
Yes. Fair enough. I guess the point I was making was that given the investment of time from the council to keep SUFC afloat, its a pretty big risk to let it die and Hope planning is agreed for a temporary stadium with 10000 capacity and no football club to play in it.

I really dont care about Ron once he has finaly sold the club as he said he would and he has gone off into the sunset .As long as he has left the building and the buyer or buyers have a water tight contract .Then his family should be left to get on with there lives.Ans we should go on to msupport or club in thousends .Yes i know Ron has been a real pain in the rear .But hopefully that is soon to be over .

The best form of revenge against Ron will be the club flying and succeeding without him.

However in the future if he fails to fulfil any part of a deal he enters, I'd like to think fans will take action one way or another via local government.

We all hope this is finally coming to an end .I will say yes we had good times under Ron. But over the last 5 years he has got things badly wrong .He has now got to go and have fresh blood to hopefully push our club forward Not this season but get the club to safety. And push on next season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back