• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Sale of Southend United to Justin Rees and his consortium

Status
Not open for further replies.
After the Hartlepool game I was speaking to a fellow fan and He mentioned an ex player! I hadn't thought of that but the gym He runs is part of a chain owned by Australians! The connection to the Australiian chap is anyones guess! I'm not ITK and know Australia is a big place

After the Hartlepool game I was speaking to a fellow fan and He mentioned an ex player! I hadn't thought of that but the gym He runs is part of a chain owned by Australians! The connection to the Australiian chap is anyones guess! I'm not ITK and know Australia is a big place
You mean Simon Cox?

That's why a big turn out on Friday and all the other home games in this period, is vital. The money to keep us going isn't coming from anywhere else.
I've been banging that drum for a while. Unfortunately too many people still think that this is somehow lining Ron's pockets and that the best way to achieve a result is for all of us to shout "Martin out" to a stadium he isn't in.

I get it, to a point. But we are now just 40 days away from our probable winding up and in my opinion, "Martin out" is no longer a solution; It's a death knell. The only thing that is going to save us is "Money in".

Let's hope the Aussies thing is real, otherwise the club is dead. And people who know me will realise that I am not prone to posting rubbish or nonsense.

I have never been worried about the existence of the club. But now, I am. I fear that for months, people have been fighting the wrong battle.

I cant say too much but from a very reliable Source i know in Australia he has spoken to Justin Rees and he confirmed lots to be done to try and get a deal sorted can say too much because of NDA.

Read into that what you want. but might be something but i feel ron really wants to get it gone now.

Reactions: fbm
Just to be clear as I stated last week.
No sale imminent
We were always headed for ten point slap.
As things stand whatever worse case scenarios you can imagine...are more likely than a deal.
Ron is going full nuclear to get max value for the prime land sites he owns, literally going scorched earth policy giving zero F@#&S.
Unless local authorities step in with some sort of emergency rulings, assett to the community etc then being wound up is the result.

No sale imminent
As things stand whatever worse case scenarios you can imagine...are more likely than a deal.
Ron is going full nuclear to get max value for the prime land sites he owns, literally going scorched earth policy giving zero F@#&S.
Unless local authorities step in with some sort of emergency rulings, assett to the community etc then being wound up is the result.
I have had that feeling for ages as well.

I've been banging that drum for a while. Unfortunately too many people still think that this is somehow lining Ron's pockets and that the best way to achieve a result is for all of us to shout "Martin out" to a stadium he isn't in.

I get it, to a point. But we are now just 40 days away from our probable winding up and in my opinion, "Martin out" is no longer a solution; It's a death knell. The only thing that is going to save us is "Money in".

Let's hope the Aussies thing is real, otherwise the club is dead. And people who know me will realise that I am not prone to posting rubbish or nonsense.

I have never been worried about the existence of the club. But now, I am. I fear that for months, people have been fighting the wrong battle.
King Kevin says he has met these people so I guess there must be an element of truth

I have attended protests outside RM’s house and have joined in with ‘Ron Out’ at games. I would like to think it has made a difference but that is debatable. I did however feel much better for doing it. I’d never protested before in my life but I want that leech gone as much as anyone.

I do feel however that we need to support Kev and the team as much as we can to show any prospective buyer the desire, passion and commitment our club’s supporters have for our football club. With RM gone this club will fly with the right owners. I will be at the Hall as usual tomorrow and will be going to Bromley on Monday along with hundreds of others, where our numbers are restricted due to a limited away allocation. We could have taken twice as many.

Our supporters are second to none and we need to continue to show our appreciation for everything the players and coaching staff are doing in such difficult circumstances. Win these two games and the Great Escape will have truly begun.

As i've said all along, find a way to get him out. Press his buttons. He could pick up the phone tomorrow and find a buyer that has bid already, but he needs to have a reason to. We know he cannot help reacting to provocation, he reacts to people that refuse to see his way or vision. I remember the frustration on his face during the car park protest, came out with his loudhailer but just got abused, he hated that.
I remember the Ron that couldnt help himself but try and talk to our away fans and hated the fact that he was prevented doing further because stewards dragging him away.

We can annoy him enough to have a quick sale now, im convinced of it, but it really has to step up. We also must look at the re-birthing of this club.

No sale imminent
I believe it will get done . Not itk just it had to. To be so negative you should say your source says. Not just confirm it all as fact like when you said Aussie pulled out turns out was crap

Surely a deal has to be done with one of the current potential buyers as we effectively cease to exists in 40 or so days.
At the previous court hearing RM stated the buyers were going through the fit and proper checks, surely this has all been done and it's now a case of RM trying to bleed as much blood out of any new buyers. If he does not get his pound of flesh then we cease to exist.

Surely a deal has to be done with one of the current potential buyers as we effectively cease to exists in 40 or so days.
At the previous court hearing RM stated the buyers were going through the fit and proper checks, surely this has all been done and it's now a case of RM trying to bleed as much blood out of any new buyers. If he does not get his pound of flesh then we cease to exist.
It was more lies, a shock I know but he just says whatever to buy time

I assume perjury is not a recognised thing in these cases / these courts?

There's enough evidence to convict Ron about ten times over!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back