• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Sale of Southend United to Justin Rees and his consortium

Status
Not open for further replies.
I assume perjury is not a recognised thing in these cases / these courts?

There's enough evidence to convict Ron about ten times over!

Which statements made under oath or affirmation do you think he knew to be false or did not believe?

I dont think thy are under oath in these cases, so can say whatever they want virtually. Maybe when makinga statement they should be under oath .

Which statements made under oath or affirmation do you think he knew to be false or did not believe?
Let's start with promising to pay out of his own family money if the original sale didn't go through.

In this weeks performance he then told the judge he needed 42 days to settle things and then bold as brass comes on the biggest sport radio show in the country and tells us all that isn't gonna happen.

EightyTwenty Solutions seems to have been founded in 2017 and sold in 2021 for an undisclosed fee.

I’m sure that earned him a tidy sim but given that Justin Rees Co-founded it with a John Kelly that suggests proceeds would have been split at least two ways. It seems unlikely that four years would have been enough to be worth the amount that would afford him the deep pockets that our club requires. I wonder if he’s teamed up with those already interested?

It all seems quite curious.
No wonder he gets on with Ron.

Let's start with promising to pay out of his own family money if the original sale didn't go through.

In this weeks performance he then told the judge he needed 42 days to settle things and then bold as brass comes on the biggest sport radio show in the country and tells us all that isn't gonna happen.

Was he sworn in under oath when he made those comments?

Am pretty sure Chris Phillips or Medway would have reported something as dramatic as him having to take the oath.

Am pretty sure Chris Phillips or Medway would have reported something as dramatic as him having to take the oath.
Not sure to be honest mate but surely there are consequences for someone who lies to a judges face and continuously contradicts themselves to the point of taking the absolute ****.

I don't know enough about the county courts when it come to this kind of behaviour but if it was a criminal court I am sure he would be in some sort of trouble.

He knows this though unfortunately and will continue to play everyone around him because to him its all a game.

Was about to ask this. If he hasn't been sworn in, surely he cannot be held accountable for his lies.

Wish that weren't the case.

EightyTwenty Solutions seems to have been founded in 2017 and sold in 2021 for an undisclosed fee.

I’m sure that earned him a tidy sim but given that Justin Rees Co-founded it with a John Kelly that suggests proceeds would have been split at least two ways. It seems unlikely that four years would have been enough to be worth the amount that would afford him the deep pockets that our club requires. I wonder if he’s teamed up with those already interested?

It all seems quite curious.
Not an unreasonable thought but a business is worth what its intrinsically worth irrespective of whether it being going 4 years of 40.

From memory the business had at turnover of AUS$50m which is £25m. Any business is worth what its worth to a buyer and I don't think the sale price was published. Normally you would expect say 1-1.5 times revenue or 10 x EBIT? So probably £40m??? Complete speculation of course.

But then if you look at Kimura their revenues are smaller?

Its a consortium so who knows what the others bring to the party.
And as with Kimura its access to funding rather than necessarily personal wealth.

Not sure to be honest mate but surely there are consequences for someone who lies to a judges face and continuously contradicts themselves to the point of taking the absolute ****.

I don't know enough about the county courts when it come to this kind of behaviour but if it was a criminal court I am sure he would be in some sort of trouble.

He knows this though unfortunately and will continue to play everyone around him because to him its all a game.
I suspect the bar is that you need to have reasonable grounds to believe what you were saying at the time you said it. A very low bar...Whether it happens or not is irrelevant. He's not under oath. The standard currently in public life is you can do whatever you want and get away with it as long as its inadvertent...

Just cashed out my bet for winning the league! Sky bet obviously don't know what's happening with the points deduction! Thanks sky bet u sill w..kers!!
Bet365 are still quoting us 20/1 to be promoted. Daggers are 33/1. Hopefully, the bookies know more than we do 🙏

I suspect the bar is that you need to have reasonable grounds to believe what you were saying at the time you said it. A very low bar...Whether it happens or not is irrelevant. He's not under oath. The standard currently in public life is you can do whatever you want and get away with it as long as its inadvertent...
It’s also much harder to “lie” about future events than past events.

With things in the future it is only your intention to do something and events outside your control may cause that change.

With a sale there will always be events outside of your control as he can’t control the buyer.

From what we know the buyer isn’t ready to buy even if Ron is ready to sell. This is why Ron is saying he doesn’t know if it’ll happen in 40 days. He has a reasonable belief that a sale may occur as that is the target but he can’t know for sure that the buyer will go through.

The 🤡 will still try and sell our club for far more than it's worth.

In my post in March I stated that he would be impossible to negotiate with and it's all about damage limitation to his reputation.

He would rather see us go up in smoke than sell the club for 1p less than his deluded mind thinks it's worth and no sane person is going to do that.

The excuses are flying in already "I am not sure we can get a deal done by October", "the debts are frightening buyers off" you deluded, selfish, arrogant t#@t it's YOU who is making it impossible and the debts are with YOU. For once STOP lying and GET OUT! 😡

Can't remove the feeling I have had for so long that we are doomed 😭

If by some miracle we are bought of administration and even if a new owner is f ing useless nothing can be worse than the deluded 🤡 we currently have.

UTB 💙 MARTIN OUT 🤬

Last edited:
I'm puzzled by Ron's statement on TS that that Justin Rees is part of a small consortium including people know to Ron. I can't imagine Ron has a wide circle of reputable businessmen who he can introduce Justin too. I don't imagine Ron and Justin have moved in the same circles either.

I'm also puzzled how Ron could offer Roots Hall estate for sale given he is not a "person of significant control" at Elounda LLP, the owners of Roots Hall. It is his family members who are the "person of significant control" at Elounda.

Perhaps the "people known to Ron" are actually his own family members! This might explain why Ron wants to retain involvement with the club.

"The Australian" appeared on the scene at almost exactly the same time as Ron made his famous offer involving the sale of the club (£1), Roots Hall (£4.5M) and club debts limited to £2.5M. So perhaps Justin's offer doesn't involve FF. He has just made a better offer for the Roots Hall package than the F5/M7 did and is now the front runner with Ron.

Justin seems to be acting as an individual, with only recently acquired moderately high wealth. That doesn't sound like somebody with the capacity to take on FF. There is no time to do proper Those words are banned on such a sale and Justin has no experience of this type of project. He isn't a property developer either.

Last edited:
I'm puzzled by Ron's statement on TS that that Justin Rees is part of a small consortium including people know to Ron. I can't imagine Ron has a wide circle of reputable businessmen who he can introduce Justin too. I don't imagine Ron and Justin have moved in the same circles either.

I'm also puzzled how Ron could offer Roots Hall estate for sale given he is not a "person of significant control" at Elounda LLP, the owners of Roots Hall. It is his family members who are the "person of significant control" at Elounda.

Perhaps the "people known to Ron" are actually his own family members! This night explain why Ron wants to retain involvement with the club.

"The Australian" appeared on the scene at almost exactly the same time as Ron made his famous offer involving the sale of the club (£1), Roots Hall (£4.5M) and club debts limited to £2.5M. So perhaps Justin's offer doesn't involve FF. He has just made a better offer for the Roots Hall package than the F5/M7 did and is now the front runner with Ron.

Justin seems to be acting as an individual, with only recently acquired moderately high wealth. That doesn't sound like somebody with the capacity to take on FF. There is no time to do proper Those words are banned on such a sale and Justin has no experience of this type of project. He isn't a property developer either.
Except its been stated that Ron was offered much more than what he was quoted as asking for for Roots Hall and the debts, but chose to ignore it.

Perhaps the "people known to Ron" are actually his own family members! This might explain why Ron wants to retain involvement with the club.

Known to could just mean he knows the name of/has been introduced to.

It could also be that he's a front man for a bigger group. I doubt it, but there are so many twists and turns in this horror story you just never know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back