• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Sale of Southend United to Justin Rees and his consortium

Status
Not open for further replies.
A few questions from me in case anyone knows:

- Have/are the trust contacted JR?
- Given Kimura spent £££ on Those words are banned, could they sell that on to JR?
- Would Kimura, or representatives potentially work with JR to try to get it over the line, given they know the clowns games?
- Who shot JR?

The last one I think got answered 40 odd years ago, but this saga has dragged on longer I think

He was offered more than double what he then quoted as wanting for Roots Hall, training ground and the club
What, they offered him over £13million, and nothing relating to FF in the deal? Just the club, RH, the new unfinished training ground, and all this clear of all debt? Why would they offer twice the asking price?

I think it was Crate that said he was offered a figure but he never specified what the offer was for.

I am unable to confirm what the offer is as I don’t know the exact details. But I do know the 3 proof of funds amounts provided.

I feel sorry for Justin Rees. He is currently still trying to find people to help fund the purchase (raise investment) and RM or JM (unsure who) has leaked the information. Justin words and I quote “leak was not best timed, in that sense! As still lots to get done to get a deal done in line with latest deadline.”

The next part of what I say is pure speculation.

There is a reason RM does not want to sell. I don’t think it is money related for him to walk away with.

He has money, he just does not want to use it to fund the club. That there is something hidden debt wise within the club, which would mean he has to pay a third party off or them to agree to move it to a different balance sheet in a group company owned by RM and they don’t want to do that and anyone who wants to buy the club needs to pay enough to RM so he can pay said person as they won’t allow the debt to be moved to another group company!

Earlier in the week and it’s the final point I’ll make today, is that due to the contract with the council for the development of FF! Ron is also aware, if the club is sold and a new stadium is not required he is likely to NEVER get planning without a stadium due to what he has done! So instead of actually selling the club HE HAS to find an investor / partner who can help him build his dream whilst in the background of running the football club at which point he can sail off with his pot of gold.

Last edited:
I am unable to confirm what the offer is as I don’t know the exact details. But I do know the 3 proof of funds amounts provided. So would give us a good idea!

I do know for a fact proof of funds for £27M was provided from Goldman Sachs account which related to everything being bought!

Club, Stadium, Training Ground, Boots & Laces, Fossetts Farm, everything. So I’m sure that explains what an offer was.

I feel sorry for Justin Rees. He is currently still trying to find people to help fund the purchase (raise investment) and RM or JM (unsure who) has leaked the information. Justin words and I quote “leak was not best timed, in that sense! As still lots to get done to get a deal done in line with latest deadline.”

There is a reason RM does not want to sell. I don’t think it is money related for him to walk away with.

He has money, he just does not want to use it to fund the club. That there is something hidden debt wise within the club, which would mean he has to pay a third party off or them to agree to move it to a different balance sheet in a group company owned by RM and they don’t want to do that and anyone who wants to buy the club needs to pay enough to RM so he can pay said person as they won’t allow the debt to be moved to another group company!

Earlier in the week and it’s the final point I’ll make today, is that due to the contract with the council for the development of FF! Ron is also aware, if the club is sold and a new stadium is not required he is likely to NEVER get planning without a stadium due to what he has done! So instead of actually selling the club HE HAS to find an investor / partner who can help him build his dream whilst in the background of running the football club at which point he can sail off with his pot of gold.
This is spot on

I am unable to confirm what the offer is as I don’t know the exact details. But I do know the 3 proof of funds amounts provided.

Would the 7 not join up with JR then?

Good job then the judge didn't ask RM for proof of funds from the "Australian chap" on Wednesday.

Any interest in buying the club should be seen as positive, but if JR is still seeking people to fund the purchase this is a step back from what the judge was told by RM in court, this is not delays in Australia caused by liquifying assets.

The concern has got to be that if JR is struggling to get the funds together to buy the club, will he have/or have access to any additional money to actually run the club if he manages to buy the club.

What, they offered him over £13million, and nothing relating to FF in the deal? Just the club, RH, the new unfinished training ground, and all this clear of all debt? Why would they offer twice the asking price?
He quoted £4.5mil after being received the offer. This has been mentioned many times

Still beggars belief that he just lets us nearly go to the wall when surely all this would do is at best hinder the property side and at worst collapse it.

Given Kimura spent £££ on Those words are banned, could they sell that on to JR?
When taking over ABN-AMRO Fred Goodwin who ran RBS at the time famously referred to having done 'Those words are banned light' on the basis that Barclays had already put in a bid and so already done it. That didn't work out so well, and we are literally all still paying the price for it. As they say in the cryptosphere, you should always DYOR (do your own research).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back