• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Rory Fallon

Indeed. One commentor felt so strongly he had to say the same thing twice! :p

His goal record at Argyle isn't great it would seem, but then again he's only started 9 games. I fear another Paynter-esque bout of booing if he hasn't scored within minutes of taking the field though! (should he sign that is)

I suspect CS_J is booing him already.

Their fans commenting on the newspaper article don't seem too impressed with him!

"Gotta agree with Paul, Fallon has been completely awful. I have never seen such a big striker be so poor in the air. He brings absolutely nothing to the team: no pace,doesn't win headers,doesn't score goals, looks like a rugby player who turned up at the wrong ground. If Southend are daft enough then take the money and run away laughing!!
DB, Crownhill"

"Well said PlymTel. I am not Fallon's biggest fan by any stretch of the imagination, by I don't think he was given a lot of opportunity. I remember when Judas Hollowords signed Easter, he stated that "he could play well with Fallon - just off his shoulder". Perhaps that is what Judas had in mind? I saw The Greens away at West Brom in January 07 & Fallon scored a cracking goal. However, when all is said and done, lets snap Southend's hand off! £250K for a player like Fallon is worth taking a £50K loss on. A mate of mine in Swansea really couldn't believe that we had paid £300K for him in the first place!!! Now, if only we could get rid of Chadwick.......
Tony, Peverell"

"The worst target man I have ever seen at any level, poor control, doesn't win headers, and cannot lead the line successfully! Whoever recommended this muppet in the first place should be hounded down and ran out of fottball all together! A loss of £50k is worthwhile and I for one would snap southends hand off for that money for a player like that!!! Paul Lyndhurst, Plymstock"

Their fans commenting on the newspaper article don't seem too impressed with him!

"Gotta agree with Paul, Fallon has been completely awful. I have never seen such a big striker be so poor in the air. He brings absolutely nothing to the team: no pace,doesn't win headers,doesn't score goals, looks like a rugby player who turned up at the wrong ground. If Southend are daft enough then take the money and run away laughing!!
DB, Crownhill"

"Well said PlymTel. I am not Fallon's biggest fan by any stretch of the imagination, by I don't think he was given a lot of opportunity. I remember when Judas Hollowords signed Easter, he stated that "he could play well with Fallon - just off his shoulder". Perhaps that is what Judas had in mind? I saw The Greens away at West Brom in January 07 & Fallon scored a cracking goal. However, when all is said and done, lets snap Southend's hand off! £250K for a player like Fallon is worth taking a £50K loss on. A mate of mine in Swansea really couldn't believe that we had paid £300K for him in the first place!!! Now, if only we could get rid of Chadwick.......
Tony, Peverell"

"The worst target man I have ever seen at any level, poor control, doesn't win headers, and cannot lead the line successfully! Whoever recommended this muppet in the first place should be hounded down and ran out of fottball all together! A loss of £50k is worthwhile and I for one would snap southends hand off for that money for a player like that!!! Paul Lyndhurst, Plymstock"

I think some of the comments are unfair. He wasnt that bad

Southend have confirmed a 250k bid for championship striker, dont know if this has already been mentioned? on the echo web site, just waiting to see if its been accepted.

I don't care what anyone says! He is 10 times better than Harrold, Hooper, Foran, Paynter. So to be honest I couldn't care what the Plymouth fans think. I think he will be a class act for us.

Have we ever signed a striker from a league club where all their fans have caused an uproar because he's the best thing since sliced bread?. I cant recall anyone in recent years, so obviously any potential target will be slated by a percentage of the selling clubs fans as unfit, bad attitude, useless in the air etc.

Have we ever signed a striker from a league club where all their fans have caused an uproar because he's the best thing since sliced bread?. I cant recall anyone in recent years, so obviously any potential target will be slated by a percentage of the selling clubs fans as unfit, bad attitude, useless in the air etc.

Not a striker, but the last player we signed whose club was up in arms, was Peter Clarke. It worked out brilliantly for Blackpool who improved defensively and were promoted, whilst our defence was caught short (often literally) and we were relegated.

ShrimperZone Sponsors

FFM MSPFX Foreign Exchange Services
Estuary MFF2
Zone Advertisers Zone Advertisers

ShrimperZone - SUFC Player Sponsorship

Southend United Away Travel

All At Sea Fanzine

Back