• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Rory Fallon

I think to much pressure was put on him. He just didnt play regular enough. Personally i think hes alrite but i dont think ive seen the best of him

Providing you have good wingers and your set plays and corners are good. I dont think hes the kind of player to take it around 3 players and score from 25 yards. He can head the ball well. His a target man. Have you got a forward who is pacy because that could work well?

Providing you have good wingers and your set plays and corners are good. I dont think hes the kind of player to take it around 3 players and score from 25 yards. He can head the ball well. His a target man. Have you got a forward who is pacy because that could work well?

Hmmmm, no. In fact we are struggling with calling anyone in the squad a forward let alone a pacy one. Times are hard.

Stand back, I'll get me shirt.....:)

Unfortunately we don't have a pacy striker other than Dean Morgan who is on loan from Luton at the moment and hasn't exactly set the place on fire and I think is more of a pacy winger....ish

I suppose Charlie MacDonald could work with a target man as i've seen him make some decent movement of the ball as well as on it.

Tilson said he was after not one but two strikers so let's see what (if anything!) happens.

I'll believe it when i see it i'm afraid!
However i do like Fallon, he's got a good nose for goal. The Swansea away game a couple of seasons back was evidence of that!

Fingers crossed anyway!

But they were his first league goals for Swansea, and he'd been with them since the Jan transfer window. One game doesn't make a player. Mario Walsh would be able to tell you that.

For what it's worth I think he's pretty good and would welcome him to Roots Hall, i'm just pointing out that his time at Swansea wasn't all that successful.

I think Rory's Dad, Kevin Fallon, played a few games for us in the early 70s - he's got shrimper roots!

Fits the "Championship Striker" that Tilly was after, given we've tried to get him before I think this rumour may have some truth in it.

Won't believe it until Scriv's pic of him gurning with the bic biro is on the OS though!

Hmm, we could be struggling if your points come true Plymouth fan.

But they were his first league goals for Swansea, and he'd been with them since the Jan transfer window. One game doesn't make a player. Mario Walsh would be able to tell you that.

For what it's worth I think he's pretty good and would welcome him to Roots Hall, i'm just pointing out that his time at Swansea wasn't all that successful.

You're right that his performance that game could lead people to thinking that he's more of a goalscorer than he actually is. Personally I rate Fallon highly and not just because of that game. He's big, he's good in the air but he's a lot stronger than Matt Harrold is and would be a more effective targetman. That said, he's not someone who I'd imagine would go down well with a lot of our support as he doesn't exactly ooze class and isn't a prolific goalscorer.

Personally, I'd love to see him in a Southend shirt.

I would love for us to sign Rory Fallon would certainly be better than Leon Clarke but again I won't believe it till its on the OS.

He won't be a better goalscorer than Clarke...

Do we know that though?? I mean Leon had a massive scoring spree and since then has done **** all and become extremley lazy even TILLY noticed it and said he has the wrong attitude.

He has height, he has international caps, and has scored goals. He is a target man and is described a powerful rather than quick but thats suggests to mehe has some pace about him . Roughs up defences and is good in the air. Two team have paid £300,000 for him so he must be a decent player.

Goalscoring record (goals in brackets)

Barnsley - 52 (11)
Shrewsbury Town - 11 (0)
Swindon Town - 75 (21)
Yeovil Town - 6 (1)
Swansea City - 41 (12)
Plymouth Argyle - 29 (3)

In total he has made 213 appearances and scored 53 goals. It is worth noting however that 84 of those appearances are as a substitute. It works out to nearly a goal every 4 games over his career.

Over 46 games that is about 12 a season. Pretty simillar to his goalscoring ratio at Swansea.

Do we know that though?? I mean Leon had a massive scoring spree and since then has done **** all and become extremley lazy even TILLY noticed it and said he has the wrong attitude.
I just see him as a striker to play alongside a 20 goal a season man and not expected to get 20 goals himself. Unfortunatley we don't have the cash for anything like this. I hope he does sign though as I think he could be a good signing...

I just see him as a striker to play alongside a 20 goal a season man and not expected to get 20 goals himself...

I think more realistically we should be looking at a strike force that between them can score that many. We know our midfield has the ability, and 20+ strikers are harder to find than good, solid ones.

Though they're hardly ten a penny either!

I think more realistically we should be looking at a strike force that between them can score that many. We know our midfield has the ability, and 20+ strikers are harder to find than good, solid ones.

Though they're hardly ten a penny either!
Yep I agree I did say that afterwards. What I am saying is with Fallon he looks like a player who wins headers and flick ons for a fox in the box to stick away, whilst scoring a few goals himself. Hopefully Charlie can fill this role...

I think if we get the right man in to partner Charlie Mac he could be our 20 goal a season man.

ShrimperZone Sponsors

FFM MSPFX Foreign Exchange Services
Estuary MFF2
Zone Advertisers Zone Advertisers

ShrimperZone - SUFC Player Sponsorship

Southend United Away Travel

All At Sea Fanzine

Back