• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Rory Fallon

Not 20 goals this season, certainly if we find him a good enough partner next season I can see him shining!!

Hardly any player scores 20 a season at this level. If you can get one striker to score 15 and one who gets 10-12 then you've got a very good pairing, particularly if you've got as many goals in the rest of the side as we should have.

He has height, he has international caps, and has scored goals. He is a target man and is described a powerful rather than quick but thats suggests to mehe has some pace about him . Roughs up defences and is good in the air. Two team have paid £300,000 for him so he must be a decent player.

Goalscoring record (goals in brackets)

Barnsley - 52 (11)
Shrewsbury Town - 11 (0)
Swindon Town - 75 (21)
Yeovil Town - 6 (1)
Swansea City - 41 (12)
Plymouth Argyle - 29 (3)

In total he has made 213 appearances and scored 53 goals. It is worth noting however that 84 of those appearances are as a substitute. It works out to nearly a goal every 4 games over his career.

Over 46 games that is about 12 a season. Pretty simillar to his goalscoring ratio at Swansea.

Agree, Fallon would be Potentially a brillant signing, also compare his career to any one of our so-called Forwards , and he is head and shoulders better than anything we have.

Just hope there's some truth in it......we will see.

Could be some legs in this story as Sturrock is after Exeter hotshot Jamie Matthews, who has banged in 14 goals so far in the conference...

just read that Fallon is Plymouth's Record Signing at 300k in January 2007. Only na year later being linked with us, wonder if 250k willl be enough for him?

Could be some legs in this story as Sturrock is after Exeter hotshot Jamie Matthews, who has banged in 14 goals so far in the conference...

The sort of play WE should be going for not Plymouth's throw outs on the back of this

I want us to get him just so that if we have a 0-0 draw on his debut, Chris Phillips can run with the headline "Rory Bore ealis"

From local rag:

"LEAGUE One club Southend United have made a £250,000 bid for Plymouth Argyle's out-of-favour striker Rory Fallon."

here

An interesting range of comments at the end of the article.

Mark Mac

From local rag:

"LEAGUE One club Southend United have made a £250,000 bid for Plymouth Argyle's out-of-favour striker Rory Fallon."

here

Mark Mac

Fallon and Harold up front then!!!

Hmm...a lot of those comments seem similar to what's been said about Leon Clarke, I can only go on what I saw of him at Swansea and I always thought he was pretty good.

we tried getting Fallon when he moved from Swindon to Swansea. By all accounts he hasn't had much opportunity at Plymouth and is a player i've always thought i'd like in my side, not against it!

From local rag:

here

Mark Mac

Indeed. One commentor felt so strongly he had to say the same thing twice! :p

His goal record at Argyle isn't great it would seem, but then again he's only started 9 games. I fear another Paynter-esque bout of booing if he hasn't scored within minutes of taking the field though! (should he sign that is)

The thing is now that Keigan Parker is going to Barnsley and is a target of Swansea I think they might turn there attentions to Fallon my only concern.

Indeed. One commentor felt so strongly he had to say the same thing twice! :p

His goal record at Argyle isn't great it would seem, but then again he's only started 9 games. I fear another Paynter-esque bout of booing if he hasn't scored within minutes of taking the field though! (should he sign that is)

don't tempt fate, John!

ShrimperZone Sponsors

FFM MSPFX Foreign Exchange Services
Estuary MFF2
Zone Advertisers Zone Advertisers

ShrimperZone - SUFC Player Sponsorship

Southend United Away Travel

All At Sea Fanzine

Back