• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Supporters Group News Rolling Protest Saturday 15/07/23

I think people may have the wrong end of the stick here re Ron’s alledged comments about FF not being for sale.

I think FF stadium (when built) is for sale, but the whole FF development is not.

I think Ron is trying to sell the 16k capacity version, which of course has those additional, hideous, flats attached.

When built Ron will retain the long leaseholds of those stadium flats, to sell.
The stadium owner will own the freehold (therefore collecting ground rent from the leaseholders) of the flats as they are incorporated in the fabric of the stadium.

So I reckon the club being sustainable part (stadium complex), is for sale (I am almost sure of this), so this comes down to two issues:

1) a buyer may not like the 16k version, but Ron won’t budge due to not wanting to lose the extra sale proceeds from the additional flats
2) the asking price for 16k version (Ron’s being greedy)

Again, Ron shouldn’t be holding up the stadium part of the deal - he is getting more than enough pay back from RH development and the rest of FF development, which after all is only achieved because he owns RH, which is occupied by the club.

#martinout

Interesting comment from Mrs RHB on the drive home - 'All the people there looked like they really cared for the Club enough to make the time to be there this morning'.
Totally agree and not all had like a '4 mile trip' to be there either. I hope the media represent the 'event' accurately and favourably to embellish this commitment.

Sorry Medway you are wrong. You can get all emotional if you want. Writing to his wife like that is wrong.
Thank god there are only a few wet wipes like you around or We'd have been screwed a while back.

People like him are NOT reasonable people and will never react properly to such behaviour so being nice is a waste of Fukin time.

I promise you now this will be getting under his, definitely his long suffering wife, the neighbours and his sons skin something a peaceful demo away from his home and family just wouldn't do.

Indeed, this appears to be a qualified response and if come about, and the content verified them 'it' would formulate the highest order of qualitative evidence, resultantly, people would probably understand it's meaning and promote actual change, rather than ill considered ranting, libellous slandering and paper thin egotism. It may even precipitate or hassen the changes the 'fans' demand. Change is needed, that is crystal. 2 wrongs don't make a right and be careful as the next incumbents may not be as good for the club as many imagine, no matter how angry or emotional they are. Ron Martin has faults, we all do, he has also in my opinion broken some minor laws, however, he owns the club and can do what he likes. Threating him and his family (which is what my post 316 was directly related to) if that was the case, is like shouting at a toddler to stop crying. I'm not doing this for views, or likes, don't care for all that, however I want to see change as the time is right and we are nearly there. Or we can look back and reflect when all this is over that a tiny minority have over stepped the mark, ironically, like Ron has.

I'm not arguing with anyone, it's my view. I expect nothing from being a fan, I have paid my money, travelled the country, bought the shares and visited some fantastic UK locations and lived the SUFC fan experience - because I wanted to.

Does that give me a right to anything else, well imo, no.

As Chris Powell's Mate said "I do like your ornate style, however."...

Libellous pertains to the written word, where as slanderous is of the spoken word. in this case therefore it is libellous at best.

Again you can have that for free.

So he is putting the club up for sale for 1 pounnd plaud debts Ron it does not matter if you sell the club for 1 pound The debts are your You created the debts why should anyone pick up your bad debts .Ron martin you are a crook .

I think people may have the wrong end of the stick here re Ron’s alledged comments about FF not being for sale.

I think FF stadium (when built) is for sale, but the whole FF development is not.

I think Ron is trying to sell the 16k capacity version, which of course has those additional, hideous, flats attached.

When built Ron will retain the long leaseholds of those stadium flats, to sell.
The stadium owner will own the freehold (therefore collecting ground rent from the leaseholders) of the flats as they are incorporated in the fabric of the stadium.

So I reckon the club being sustainable part (stadium complex), is for sale (I am almost sure of this), so this comes down to two issues:

1) a buyer may not like the 16k version, but Ron won’t budge due to not wanting to lose the extra sale proceeds from the additional flats
2) the asking price for 16k version (Ron’s being greedy)

Again, Ron shouldn’t be holding up the stadium part of the deal - he is getting more than enough pay back from RH development and the rest of FF development, which after all is only achieved because he owns RH, which is occupied by the club.

#martinout
Personally I don’t give a flying f££k about FF houses or any development!
I want to know if we are ever going to play a game of football again . We are a Football club after all , and we are football fans as a collective

Just home, could only spare 30 mins on site (plus 40 odd mins travel time). I was the guy whose cap blew off and landed about 30 yards away on Ron's front garden. Helpful steward retrieved it for me.

Walking to the site from King John direction there was a guy in a car, reg 4TMM. Seemed to be removing some of the paper signs along the road.

Good to hear plenty of toots from cars driving past.

IMG_20230715_135659.jpg

Basically club is for sale only, he wants to keep Fossetts, club is available for £1 plus debts, 3 interested parties.
I’d love someone (with very deep pockets) to buy the club for £1 then do a deal with another club to ground-share while building our own new stadium elsewhere, leaving Martin’s development up the Swanee with no use for his stadium/sink estate he has to build. I assume whoever buys the club has to guarantee to use his new stadium? If not, it’s a nice dream..

I’d love someone (with very deep pockets) to buy the club for £1 then do a deal with another club to ground-share while building our own new stadium elsewhere, leaving Martin’s development up the Swanee with no use for his stadium/sink estate he has to build. I assume whoever buys the club has to guarantee to use his new stadium? If not, it’s a nice dream..
Well, the planned development for the tumbleweed-strewn wasteland created at The Kursaal seems to have bitten the dust.

Well done to everyone who is there, unfortunately I have been stuffed with working this weekend.

Hopefully this will be the straw the breaks the camels back and we finally get somewhere. Yes we probably should’ve done this earlier but hindsight is a wonderful thing. Ron has always lead us into a false sense of security by squirming his way out of these court cases.

The most important thing as a fan base is we need to stick together. We all want the same thing, Southend United to exist, be financially safe and that **** Ron out of our club.

Just spent over an hour at the protest catching up with a few people. There really is a great community spirit there.
Most passing cars were honking their horns in support and people were joining in roughly equal numbers to people leaving after doing their bit. If this club’s 117 year history is ended it will be a huge loss to the community. Ron - please be realistic and reasonable and sell the proposed 21k stadium which has planning permission along with the club to the highest bidder so that we have new owners who can make the club viable and we can all enjoy life once again with the club going from strength to strength.

Back