• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Supporters Group News Rolling Protest Saturday 15/07/23

Perhaps a view should be sought from wives and husbands of staff who haven't been paid for months or from wives and girlfriends of players who may have been worried about mortgage payments being met as to the appropriate of telling Ron's wife what he is doing to the club?
Indeed, this appears to be a qualified response and if come about, and the content verified them 'it' would formulate the highest order of qualitative evidence, resultantly, people would probably understand it's meaning and promote actual change, rather than ill considered ranting, libellous slandering and paper thin egotism. It may even precipitate or hassen the changes the 'fans' demand. Change is needed, that is crystal. 2 wrongs don't make a right and be careful as the next incumbents may not be as good for the club as many imagine, no matter how angry or emotional they are. Ron Martin has faults, we all do, he has also in my opinion broken some minor laws, however, he owns the club and can do what he likes. Threating him and his family (which is what my post 316 was directly related to) if that was the case, is like shouting at a toddler to stop crying. I'm not doing this for views, or likes, don't care for all that, however I want to see change as the time is right and we are nearly there. Or we can look back and reflect when all this is over that a tiny minority have over stepped the mark, ironically, like Ron has.

I'm not arguing with anyone, it's my view. I expect nothing from being a fan, I have paid my money, travelled the country, bought the shares and visited some fantastic UK locations and lived the SUFC fan experience - because I wanted to.

Does that give me a right to anything else, well imo, no.

Ron's stance on keeping Fossetts lays bare his true feelings for the club.
He knows RH is all but condemned, and he knows it can't be sustainable there.
If he sticks to this demand; this time, it really is the end.
I guess in a sense it could be a viable option though. Say we do well in all the competitions this year, we’d still get money from them, tv rights as well from BT, getting promotion next year where we can get that all important EFL status back which could generate more income than being in the national league. Personally for me the club is viable, we can attract some decent players.

Indeed, this appears to be a qualified response and if come about, and the content verified them 'it' would formulate the highest order of qualitative evidence, resultantly, people would probably understand it's meaning and promote actual change, rather than ill considered ranting, libellous slandering and paper thin egotism. It may even precipitate or hassen the changes the 'fans' demand. Change is needed, that is crystal. 2 wrongs don't make a right and be careful as the next incumbents may not be as good for the club as many imagine, no matter how angry or emotional they are. Ron Martin has faults, we all do, he has also in my opinion broken some minor laws, however, he owns the club and can do what he likes. Threating him and his family (which is what my post 316 was directly related to) if that was the case, is like shouting at a toddler to stop crying. I'm not doing this for views, or likes, don't care for all that, however I want to see change as the time is right and we are nearly there. Or we can look back and reflect when all this is over that a tiny minority have over stepped the mark, ironically, like Ron has.

I'm not arguing with anyone, it's my view. I expect nothing from being a fan, I have paid my money, travelled the country, bought the shares and visited some fantastic UK locations and lived the SUFC fan experience - because I wanted to.

Where in the wide, wide world of sports did you get: 'however I want to see change as the time is right and we are nearly there'.?
Nearly where? Pray tell.
The 'right to anything else' that most want is the club's continued existence. Hence the protest, and the letter, which surely is more tongue-in-cheek than anything else?
I do like your ornate style, however. And for free, one gentle reminder: the possessive its has no apostrophe.
I do agree you're never totally sure what a new club owner is going to be like. Hence (again) the Football League/Premier ramping up the ante on a 'fit and proper person.'

I guess in a sense it could be a viable option though. Say we do well in all the competitions this year, we’d still get money from them, tv rights as well from BT, getting promotion next year where we can get that all important EFL status back which could generate more income than being in the national league. Personally for me the club is viable, we can attract some decent players.
Roots Hall's maximum attendance is now under 10,000, I think?
Sell out the place every second week, and that's all you get at RH: no extra earnings through shops/gyms/community facilities etc.
You would need to do a Sutton most seasons and get to the FA cup fifth round to generate any real extra cash.
Note what Notts and Wrexham are doing, and what they're paying their better players.

Brilliant 👌

What exactly are you saying is wrong?

Sorry, maybe I'm overly emotional this morning but whilst I'm all for differing opinions, there are some that I feel compelled to call out when there is just no logic to them.

My love for this football club courses through my veins like a lifeforce. It's imprinted on the fabric of my soul. I can't feel anything other than personally offended and attacked by what Ron Martin and his family have done to this football club.

At the absolute best, he didn't mean for this to happen. Even then though, the warning signs were there years ago and instead of cutting his losses and halting the game of chicken with a 117-year-old community institution's existence, he still ploughed on regardless.

Utterly, utterly unforgiveable

The fact that there are some people on here who actually getting offended at the actions of upset, concerned and helpless fans - a protest outside his house, or a piece or prose to appeal to the better nature of one of his family members - is absolutely ****ing astonishing. Wet blankets.

If you're going to get angry or offended at anything, it needs to be Ron Martin. If not, then don't expect to come onto a Southend United forum where the vast majority of people are sick with worry and sadness, and expect people not to bite at your contrarian views.

That's the long version.

The short version is what I posted earlier.

READ. THE. ROOM.
See post #365, as I'm not sure what relevancy any of the above (apart from the point...
prose to appeal to the better nature of one of his family members
has to my post #316. If this is your opinion of the letter to Mrs Martin, as a 'staff member' then I feel something is terribly wrong.

Read some books.

I dunno about a book, but I’ve got a story for you.

Once upon a time, there was an evil Emporer who ruled over a beautiful and majestic village. The village meant a lot to its inhabitants. It was steeped in generational history and for some of them, it made life worth living.

Unfortunately, the evil, dictating Emporer didn’t care about the villagers, nor the village itself. He only cared about further building his empire. He was cruel and wicked to his subjects, to the point they even had to go without food and water for months, and only due to their loyalty to the village and their desperate need to keep it going, they carried on serving him nonetheless.

Now, the wicked Emporer was married to a fair maiden. The maiden was the polar opposite of her husband. She had kindness and compassion in abundance.

But the maiden had had enough of the villagers’ attempts to dethrone her husband. She confided in friends, and revealed that the villager’s uprising was very unsettling. She appealed to the wicked Emperors kinder nature, that maybe now was the time for him to vacate the village.

And the more the villagers made life inhospitable for the ******* Emporer, and by proxy his fair maiden, the closer his evil reign came to ending.

For you see, the villagers meant no ill will towards the fair maiden, but their village meant more. It was on the verge of destruction, and preserving it was the only thing they could do.

And thus, a chink in the fearsome, 4-foot tall Emporer’s armour had been exposed.

To be continued…

I dunno about a book, but I’ve got a story for you.

Once upon a time, there was an evil Emporer who ruled over a beautiful and majestic village. The village meant a lot to its inhabitants. It was steeped in generational history and for some of them, it made life worth living.

Unfortunately, the evil, dictating Emporer didn’t care about the villagers, nor the village itself. He only cared about further building his empire. He was cruel and wicked to his subjects, to the point they even had to go without food and water for months, and only due to their loyalty to the village and their desperate need to keep it going, they carried on serving him nonetheless.

Now, the wicked Emporer was married to a fair maiden. The maiden was the polar opposite of her husband. She had kindness and compassion in abundance.

But the maiden had had enough of the villagers’ attempts to dethrone her husband. She confided in friends, and revealed that the villager’s uprising was very unsettling. She appealed to the wicked Emperors kinder nature, that maybe now was the time for him to vacate the village.

And the more the villagers made life inhospitable for the ******* Emporer, and by proxy his fair maiden, the closer his evil reign came to ending.

For you see, the villagers meant no ill will towards the fair maiden, but their village meant more. It was on the verge of destruction, and preserving it was the only thing they could do.

And thus, a chink in the fearsome, 4-foot tall Emporer’s armour had been exposed.

To be continued…
Ohh children's hour has begun! Just kidding. Like Big Daddy, apparently.

Back