• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Supporters Group News Rolling Protest Saturday 15/07/23

Basically club is for sale only, he wants to keep Fossetts, club is available for £1 plus debts, 3 interested parties.
So he’s actually admitted that publicly now? Previously I thought he was implying that this was all “social media talk”.

This is a terrible deal that leaves the club with no viable means of keeping itself self-sustaining and permanently in hoc to that weasel and his heirs. Not good enough.

So when he originally said that he was selling an "opportunity" he meant that he was selling an "opportunity to **** money down the drain and go bust in double-quick time".
And an opportunity to help him and his family becoming stinking rich while funding a football club that will haemorrhage fans and even more cash. Just how stupid does he think we (and any potential serious purchasers) are?

Read some books
Brilliant 👌

So doing the wrong thing is right because some people agree with it. Jeeesss. Noblesse oblige.
What exactly are you saying is wrong?

Sorry, maybe I'm overly emotional this morning but whilst I'm all for differing opinions, there are some that I feel compelled to call out when there is just no logic to them.

My love for this football club courses through my veins like a lifeforce. It's imprinted on the fabric of my soul. I can't feel anything other than personally offended and attacked by what Ron Martin and his family have done to this football club.

At the absolute best, he didn't mean for this to happen. Even then though, the warning signs were there years ago and instead of cutting his losses and halting the game of chicken with a 117-year-old community institution's existence, he still ploughed on regardless.

Utterly, utterly unforgiveable

The fact that there are some people on here who actually getting offended at the actions of upset, concerned and helpless fans - a protest outside his house, or a piece or prose to appeal to the better nature of one of his family members - is absolutely ****ing astonishing. Wet blankets.

If you're going to get angry or offended at anything, it needs to be Ron Martin. If not, then don't expect to come onto a Southend United forum where the vast majority of people are sick with worry and sadness, and expect people not to bite at your contrarian views.

That's the long version.

The short version is what I posted earlier.

READ. THE. ROOM.

Last edited:
Basically club is for sale only, he wants to keep Fossetts, club is available for £1 plus debts, 3 interested parties.
So FF in his new reduced form with more flats which has not been approved is really going to appeal to a new owner. Plus Ron sets the rent for the club going forward .The man is totally deluded or really hoping the club folds and housing replaces ground.

Brilliant 👌

What exactly are you saying is wrong?

Sorry, maybe I'm overly emotional this morning but whilst I'm all for differing opinions, there are some that I feel compelled to call out when there is just no logic to them.

My love for this football club courses through my veins like a lifeforce. It'd imprinted on the fabric of my soul. I can't feel anything other than personally offended and attacked by what Ron Martin and his family have done to this football club.

At the absolute best, he didn't mean for this to happen. Even then though, the warning signs were there years ago and instead of cutting his losses and halting the gone of chicken with a 117-year-old community institution's existence, he still ploughed on regardless.

Utterly, utterly unforgiveable

The fact that there are some people on here who actually getting offended at the actions of upset, concerned and helpless fans - a protest outside his house, or a piece or prose to appeal to the better nature of one of his family members - is absolutely ****ing astonishing. Wet blankets.

If you're going to get angry or offended at anything, it needs to be Ron Martin. If not, then don't expect to come onto a Southend United forum where the vast majority of people are sick with worry and sadness, and expect people not to bite at your contrarian views.

That's the long version.

The short version is what I posted earlier.

READ. THE. ROOM.
Sorry Medway you are wrong. You can get all emotional if you want. Writing to his wife like that is wrong.

Sorry Medway you are wrong. You can get all emotional if you want. Writing to his wife like that is wrong.
Perhaps a view should be sought from wives and husbands of staff who haven't been paid for months or from wives and girlfriends of players who may have been worried about mortgage payments being met as to the appropriateness of telling Ron's wife what he is doing to the club?

Last edited:
What’s pathetic mate is remaining employed when your club has very few days left

Feels like he’s given up the fight

Finish what you started?
Agree with OS, it is pathetic or very least juvenile. Who are you to say what he should or shouldn’t be doing? How do you know what he is doing behind the scenes? Why don’t you direct your focus at the one person who is central to all this?

Back