• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Supporters Group News Rolling Protest Saturday 15/07/23

Emotions will be at an all time distressed state and it will be difficult in a football oriented crowd, but can we have an organized chant that doesn't involve effin and jeffin? Especially since we need maximum mainstream attention.
Something along the lines of "Pay your debts, get out of OUR club" will be effective I feel.
You forgot add 'please' at the end.

I was merely noting that the mainstream news may be in attendance so we need to generate sympathy towards our plight.
Like it or not, a lot of people are immediately turned off by baying football mobs.
Local news is when most people are either commuting if weekday or making tea. It will only get more notice if there's violence and a scuffle at least. Every day you're seeing a protest on tv or a strike action. The march in its own right will probably fall on deaf ears and blind eyes

warning to those attending tomorrow the police are aware of the protest tomorrow so i`m sure if to many turn up at once standing on the pavement or stepping into the road on that busy corner you will be quickly moved on as there is not a lot of room especially if you are obstructing the pavement so watch out just in case you have a wasted journey to benfleet

warning to those attending tomorrow the police are aware of the protest tomorrow so i`m sure if to many turn up at once standing on the pavement or stepping into the road on that busy corner you will be quickly moved on as there is not a lot of room especially if you are obstructing the pavement so watch out just in case you have a wasted journey to benfleet
Article 11 of the European Convention of Human Rights provides freedom of assembly. This means that every individual, regardless of cause, has the right to protest, march or demonstrate in a public space.

Not only does every individual have this right but the police have a duty to retain from restricting this right unnecessarily and they must take measures to protect peaceful protests. Even if they do not agree, or if there is some disturbance or offence caused to the general public, the police must demonstrate a certain degree of tolerance towards protesters.

An individual also has the right under the ECHR to freedom of expression. This includes a right to hold your own opinion as well as to receive and impart information without interference from public authorities.

While these rights are not absolute, they can only be limited if it is necessary and proportionate for the authorities to do so.

These rights also only apply to public spaces. Therefore, anyone protesting on private property without the permission of the occupier are likely to be viewed as a trespasser.

Just do what Just stop oil protestors do and walk in the road or lay down. I don't see them getting moved on sharpish. Mind you most of them are boomers and the police don't like getting too boisterous with that generation.

Millennials and Gen Z football fans will be carted off for obstructing the peace before you can muster a chant of Martin Out

No I haven't, this has been addressed several times.
Can you shed some light on the football department side. How and are the boys training.

Whats your opinion on the Billericay fiasco. Will we be able to field a side to start the season.

Those poor staff and players still contracted could be forced to start a season without any real preparations.

Its unfair on the players and management stan. How are they feeling.

Someone needs to speak up for them. And make their position and feelings clear.

Cheers

Just do what Just stop oil protestors do and walk in the road or lay down. I don't see them getting moved on sharpish. Mind you most of them are boomers and the police don't like getting too boisterous with that generation.

Millennials and Gen Z football fans will be carted off for obstructing the peace before you can muster a chant of Martin Out
What the ****,easy on the Boomers old chap.

Back