• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Supporters Group News Rolling Protest Saturday 15/07/23

warning to those attending tomorrow the police are aware of the protest tomorrow so i`m sure if to many turn up at once standing on the pavement or stepping into the road on that busy corner you will be quickly moved on as there is not a lot of room especially if you are obstructing the pavement so watch out just in case you have a wasted journey to benfleet
It will be fine, according to their statement the police seem to think that the protest is in Southend.

Article 11 of the European Convention of Human Rights provides freedom of assembly. This means that every individual, regardless of cause*, has the right to protest, march or demonstrate in a public space.

Not only does every individual have this right but the police have a duty to retain from restricting this right unnecessarily and they must take measures to protect peaceful protests. Even if they do not agree, or if there is some disturbance or offence caused to the general public, the police must demonstrate a certain degree of tolerance towards protesters.

An individual also has the right under the ECHR to freedom of expression. This includes a right to hold your own opinion as well as to receive and impart information without interference from public authorities.

While these rights are not absolute, they can only be limited if it is necessary and proportionate for the authorities to do so.

These rights also only apply to public spaces. Therefore, anyone protesting on private property without the permission of the occupier are likely to be viewed as a trespasser.
*You clearly didn't read the relevant amendment to this which states, and I quote, "..unless it's one that we don't agree with."

I've never been on a protest before but value it important enough to close my jujitsu class, losing me a lot of money, and attending.

However, it's wise to know what you're attending so asked my police officer mate.

All he said was, it'll be fine, as long as you don't create any damage or trespass.

I'm in!
Have you ever thought about bringing your class with you to the protest.
We could have our own security.

I had the ‘pleasure’ of sharing Court 5 with RM and a few other Blues fans earlier this week. I’m going to travel from Epsom tomorrow to show my support to the cause of saving the club as a viable NL team by ridding it of its owner and chairman before the start of the season, by forcing a sale. I might be ****ing in the wind (and I know some will say too little too late) but as someone whose first game was in 1974 I can no longer stand idly by. It’s now or never for me.I will be in location in Benfleet Rd (if I can find the right house!) long before the official KO time. I assume that’s ok? JUST STOP RON

I've never been on a protest before but value it important enough to close my jujitsu class, losing me a lot of money, and attending.

However, it's wise to know what you're attending so asked my police officer mate.

All he said was, it'll be fine, as long as you don't create any damage or trespass.

I'm in!

Just obey legit police instructions. Make friends with them. The location of the protest is problematical (narrow road on a bend) but no more so than the constant road works in the area currently. Hopefully there will be someone in charge there who will accept a slight delay to traffic is nothing to get anyone’s proverbial knickers in a twist about.

Whatever happens don’t get arrested. If you’ve been a Shrimper for 40 years and never been detained by the police don’t f**k up now. On the other hand Who are you, where have you been all these years!!!

Stan's turn now, is it?
Please forgive me as this came across as deflecting any blame on Stan.

Clearly there is one man to blame

Anyone that has seen the state of roots hall will know there will not be any football played and we currently have 12 players with no physio. Don’t kid yourselves. We are dead and buried.

Therefore I am asking Stan respectfully why stay. You have not been paid since October. There is no football department.

Make no mistake This is our last stand and we need you more than ever.

Back