• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Supporters Group News Rolling Protest Saturday 15/07/23

From the Echo site, there will be no police presence as they think the protest is in Southend!

"Essex Police has said officers are aware of the planned protest and have confirmed patrols will be in place during the event on July 15.

A spokesman for the force commented: “We are aware of a planned peaceful protest in Southend on Saturday.

“Patrols will be in place and we will monitor and engage positively with those involved to ensure the protest is safely managed.”

From the Echo site, there will be no police presence as they think the protest is in Southend!

"Essex Police has said officers are aware of the planned protest and have confirmed patrols will be in place during the event on July 15.

A spokesman for the force commented: “We are aware of a planned peaceful protest in Southend on Saturday.

“Patrols will be in place and we will monitor and engage positively with those involved to ensure the protest is safely managed.”
plod on the pulse as always

Do you think Ron will let us use his drive way or ground to park our vehicles on.

The charges are already on his gate

£28 for up to 5 hours
Additional £10 per hour or part thereof
Keys must be handed over and will not be returned until payment in cash is received

Please see additional charges for car wash

Emotions will be at an all time distressed state and it will be difficult in a football oriented crowd, but can we have an organized chant that doesn't involve effin and jeffin? Especially since we need maximum mainstream attention.
Something along the lines of "Pay your debts, get out of OUR club" will be effective I feel.

Emotions will be at an all time distressed state and it will be difficult in a football oriented crowd, but can we have an organized chant that doesn't involve effin and jeffin? Especially since we need maximum mainstream attention.
Something along the lines of "Pay your debts, get out of OUR club" will be effective I feel.
Could always sing that song that the random dude on facebook made up. That was great :Hilarious:

Ooh. Scathing. Followed by ' what do we want, when do we want it?' As a follow up?

I am making the 200 mile round trip. Never protested for anything before.
Regarding the weather if it rains take an umbrella. Let’s not be accused of being fair weather fans.
I would love it if we turned up in significant numbers that requires a police presence. That would be more pressure on RM as the police won’t be wanting to resource this.
How about doing a leaflet drop to say 100 neighbours. Apologise for the disruption but explain exactly why the protest is happening and what’s and risk.
Then we do it all again another day and another day etc.
Hero

You asked and I'm infinitely bored this Friday afternoon so I'll deliver.

Date and time of operation: 10:00 to 20:00 15/07/23

Units assigned to this mission:
  • Our deep reconnaissance group of regular protestors
  • Leigh-on-Sea Naval Infantry Division
  • Basildon, Billericay, Rayleigh and Wickford Mechanised Divisions
  • Westcliff, Chalkwell, Prittlewell, Thorpe Bay and Shoeburyness Infantry Divisions.
Objectives in order of priority.
  1. Get Ron Martin out of our club.
  2. Gain publicity about the situation.
  3. Be as much of a nuisance as possible to the rat, within our legal rights to do so.
  4. Achieve full control over the public footpaths surrounding his residence during the time frame set out.
Brief:

The Poundshop Charlie Mullins will not relinquish control over our beloved football club, even though he can no longer afford to continue supporting it. As a result, we are planning the biggest fan protest in years and for the first time in a while we are truly UNITED. The chairman may have been wishing for a nice quiet Saturday of not paying his staff, but he shall now have to lay on money for security and either leave for the day, or face the noise. UTB
you forgot the Benfleet Artillery Brigade, take up position on the 18th green of Boyce Hill

Last edited:
Back