• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Post-Match Thread and Ratings Rochdale 0-1 Southend United

Exactly this, well said. Wide midfielders rarely receive the ball with space in front of them, whereas a full back or wing back does. It is a totally different skill required to play there versus right back or right wing back.

So many fans - many on here - think if a right back has some attacking contribution they can just play midfield. It's never that easy.
Good points Grayson, and could it be that Wind being more defensive gave a better solidity/confidence to?Crowther in player R side of back 3? Add in a hard working Noor in front of Wind and there is a balance to the 3 on the right .

I agree players like their comfort zones, but because GSM gets forward as much as possible; I'm confident he could play a deep lying midfield role.
One thing that does seem clear after yesterday's debut from GW.
He or GSM wouldn't want to warm the bench for very long.
Wind has suggested that we have succession done well. When the time comes shortly to give GSM a deserved league move, we have his replacement here already, and the fee can be used on an area we may have more need instead.

A nice problem for us to have. Makes a change from the past several years.

Neither player is a right back or a right midfielder. It may work, but I don't think it's something you can just try, without spending time working on it.

Personally, if Wind was that good, he should keep the shirt, and though it might be harsh, with GSM on the bench.
Wind is potentially better defensively. In part as he has such pace that he can get back and cover (and indeed recover) very effectively and a combination of him and Taylor works well. Probably exactly what you want defensively in a 352.

The flip side is going forward where I think GSM has a significant edge- in the air, goal threat etc.

Probably if you had a combination of the two they wouldnt be here- they would at least be a couple of divisions higher.

What GSM brings is more important to the team right now and so that’s tough on Wind. Although I think more use of Wind could be made from the bench (Wind for GSM after 70 mins for fresh legs/ to shore up defensively is a play that hasn’t really been used to date?)

Start with GSM. And put Wind on if we need to see a game out ..
Start with Wind and put GSM on the go for broke.
I’m sure Maher has had worse problems. Competition and the ability to rest a key player now

Wind has suggested that we have succession done well. When the time comes shortly to give GSM a deserved league move, we have his replacement here already, and the fee can be used on an area we may have more need instead.

A nice problem for us to have. Makes a change from the past several years.

Exactly this.

Isn't it suppose to be a minimum of 2 mins. So 13 seconds over is well within the rules. Can't be arsed listening whinging managers but who on here wasn't expecting more from them in the last 20. As they fizzled out without urgency even in injury time it seemed like a mirror of us in our worst home performances this season.

@rigsby anyway in the second half they played 43 seconds over the minimum 5 minutes additional time. More than enough time to equalise!!!

:Hilarious:

Agreed. His goals are what catches the eye and has people putting silly price tags on him and linking him to big moves. I think as a rwb and certainly a rb he’s pretty limited. It’s why he’s at this level. He might move on I suspect but I expect a lot of noise on here when the fee isn’t £3.6m!
I've heard that Wrexham are lining up a 3.5m offer plus Dalby and a can of bass shandy

ShrimperZone Sponsors

FFM MSPFX Foreign Exchange Services
Estuary MFF2
Zone Advertisers Zone Advertisers

ShrimperZone - SUFC Player Sponsorship

Southend United Away Travel

All At Sea Fanzine

Back