• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Supporters Group News Protest News

We do not know what that means regarding “what was previously agreed” There is an expired agreement currently. It could be as simple as they want a new contract. COSU do not have any issue with the Martin’s current progress, so honestly wouldn’t panic just yet over this (any more than we already are)
Thanks for that take / insight jphfitz appreciated. Interesting that you say COSU don't have problem with the Martin's progress, was this a consideration in the Trust not officially endorsing today's protest? Also just for clarification this lapsed agreement is this in relation to COSU funding the Club in the interim before actual ownership?

But the delusional prick hasn’t sold the club yet. My house has sold subject to contract. Does that mean I’m not responsible for any of my utility bills now?
What a ****.
To be fair, you probably haven't sold your house for £1 plus the debts. It's not the same.

The one thing I don't fully understand is that if this is a debt incurred before contracts were exchanged, then presumably it would be for COSU to pay. What I guess is the problem is that they have pumped £3m+ into the club to pay current bills (which they weren't expecting to pay) and so their outlay is way bigger than anticipated.

But am happy to be corrected on that. I'm not sure what is and isn't included in the deal as agreed.

Thanks for that take / insight jphfitz appreciated. Interesting that you say COSU don't have problem with the Martin's progress, was this a consideration in the Trust not officially endorsing today's protest? Also just for clarification this lapsed agreement is this in relation to COSU funding the Club in the interim before actual ownership?
Yes, from our conversations with COSU & council, it was felt it (to protest this week) wasn’t in the best interests of the deal. We don’t necessarily agree with everything COSU say but I personally don’t see why they would suggest this without good reason. That being said I completely understand why everyone wants to go and do their bit and put pressure on the Martins we can only do what we all think is the best thing for the club.

I’m speculating on what the lapsed agreement means but it does create some grey areas on responsibilities inc, funding from what I understand at the moment.

To be fair, you probably haven't sold your house for £1 plus the debts. It's not the same.

The one thing I don't fully understand is that if this is a debt incurred before contracts were exchanged, then presumably it would be for COSU to pay. What I guess is the problem is that they have pumped £3m+ into the club to pay current bills (which they weren't expecting to pay) and so their outlay is way bigger than anticipated.

But am happy to be corrected on that. I'm not sure what is and isn't included in the deal as agreed.
I don’t think they mind paying the debt, but in the same agreement they would own the club in early 2024.

Yes, from our conversations with COSU & council, it was felt it (to protest this week) wasn’t in the best interests of the deal. We don’t necessarily agree with everything COSU say but I personally don’t see why they would suggest this without good reason. That being said I completely understand why everyone wants to go and do their bit and put pressure on the Martins we can only do what we all think is the best thing for the club.

I’m speculating on what the lapsed agreement means but it does create some grey areas on responsibilities inc, funding from what I understand at the moment.
Very much my own view, can't help but feel COSU wouldn't have been shy in letting it be known to get out and protest! But people have to follow what they believe is the right thing to do.

Or clever tactics by RM
COSU give ultimatum, RM hits the ball back with same kind of response need more than 5 weeks ( Even if not true) , will COSU fund for another 6 weeks please or walk choice is yours.
That way in his own mind it’s not his fault ( As usual)
Do think it will go to another deadline after WUP heard and another stay of execution

Back